DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

AnantS

Country flag
very old video. you can see flickering exhaust. iirc one commentator on youtube said it was the screech issue causing that.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
found this tender of foldable mobile radar for HMV vehicle..last date to apply is 17th aug...dnt understand much about the radar frm the docs those interested could give it a try.
DFi says size is to big how can i post it here?
Ss and post

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Seems like a new launcher with a unknown missile

Looks like a dummy to me, missile gives a scud like vibe and I don't think any new missile by drdo will not be containerised.
You have posted about many new systems unheard of like LRQSAM, 3-pulse missile and other systems. Any idea when they will enter their test phase and we can finally get some pictures. I assume within 5 yrs i guess or atleast before 2030.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Another victim to so called corruption.
View attachment 168050

Whenever anything we are close to achieve or any product which give some edge. The supplier will be blacklisted. But till now there is no capture of army generals who involved in this corruption.
Bhim self propelled howitzer . Had completed all its trial in 1999 .

binayak95

Country flag
Sometime back it was repoted that the plan to procure 30 qty MQ9B drones were dropped.

Reason for earlier cancellation was

India now wants to manufacture and develop all kinds of weapons and defence equipments on indigenous development and manufacturing. This is the reason that this USD 3 billion deal with America has been cancelled as of now.

What changed now?

CAATSA hafta ?
yeh media ki reportage is about as worthy as Toilet Paper. Dont believe a word of what they write, most of them have agendas and money to make off lobbies.

The 30 drones were never under cancellation - nor was there any chance of an equivalent being built anytime soon.
The only reason for delay is Indian demand (reasonable enough) to integrate Indian weapons onto them, General Atomics was working to find a way to integrate them without having to let us in on the operational software of the Predators.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Another victim to so called corruption.
View attachment 168050

Whenever anything we are close to achieve or any product which give some edge. The supplier will be blacklisted. But till now there is no capture of army generals who involved in this corruption.
at least this is easy to reconstruct here bekoze,
cannon on Bhim SPH was Denel one based originally on GC-45
and we now have desi GC-45 here under Bharat-52 (Kalyani brought entire assembly line of austrian GHN-45 = self propelled version of GC-45),
all we need is...intention baki 'raw material' toh hain apne paas.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Does anyone think that the so called F-INSAS demo to raksha mantri was like giving some lollipop to a kid to get some brownie points.
Guess Gernails need to show something so that they meet their indigenious quota and earn some more points for better promotion. I think we can all agree that F-INSAS shown was as medicore as it can get without any concern given to a soldier's comfort and capability. It was more like the amalgamation of all new piecemeal EmERgeNcY orders and call it a futuristic system.
Does anybody know if infantry equipment are inducted by consulting the soldiers or its some Gernail sitting on top making his own requirements considering that they can't even make a good RFP and then it gets refloated again and again.
I pity our defence minister rajnath singh who becomes happy like a kid on just seeing the basic things getting inducted which should have happened a decade ago.
1660739387888.png

This is the most common config of qbz-191 being out there, some are with gripod. This is perhaps the next standard issue of PLA. Major upgrade to the system is using a 3/4X scope as standard issue, ammo remains unchanged, gripod might be issued.
So this is what we are up against. We need rifles for fighting in mountains and NATO experience in Afghanistan shows that 7.62nato calibre rifles are more suited for that. So can anyone tell me why are we choosing 7.62ak as our rifle and going back in time which is even worst than 5.56nato in range terms.
What kind of people are in MoD and army to come up with this idea. And doesn't these guys know that current handguard of AK203 cant accomodate a nato style UBGL which we currently use. This would either require changing to different ammo UBGL or designing a new UBGL. What would happen to sigs if ak is new standard.

God I wish I was a dallal right now so that I could make some easy money of this crap. Kadi Ninda ji ko indigenious k naam par chapat lgao.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
current handguard of AK203 cant accomodate a nato style UBGL which we currently use. This would either require changing to different ammo UBGL or designing a new UBGL. What would happen to sigs if ak is new standard.
at least in terms of UBGL we are self-reliant since the OFB made ones which are also standard issue for grenadiers etc, are based on AK system and not NATO styled so it'll go on any AK and INSAS alike, including upcoming AK-203 (though it requires removal of lower handguards)

older OFB UBGL on an AK
1660740693983.png

older OFB UBGL on an INSAS
1660740957080.png

^this UBGL was basically copied from Romanian AG-40 UBGL for AK

nowadays they've adopted new design of UBGL that's basically copy of Arsenal of Bulgaria's M6 UBGL i.e. this, and just like above it's compatible with both AK and INSAS, also AK-203
1660741135521.png

>ok but what about UBGL for Sig-716i?
don't ask me, they have not one but two kopied designs and they could very well change mounts on them to make it adopt for SIG716i picatiny styled system if they want...but lol they are even importing bayonets for SIG716i that has ;made in korea; marking on them

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
at least this is easy to reconstruct here bekoze,
cannon on Bhim SPH was Denel one based originally on GC-45
and we now have desi GC-45 here under Bharat-52 (Kalyani brought entire assembly line of austrian GHN-45 = self propelled version of GC-45),
all we need is...intention baki 'raw material' toh hain apne paas.

Bhim SPH

1. Self propelled Gun on ARJUN Chassis.
Shivers down the spine of IA gernails, trembling and shaking.

2. Using Bharat - 52 Gun.
Entire Chandigarh lobby is restless and sleepless.

Preparing the Summer, winter, monsoon, city, village, town trials and possible induction in 2200.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Bhim SPH

1. Self propelled Gun on ARJUN Chassis.
Shivers down the spine of IA gernails, trembling and shaking.

2. Using Bharat - 52 Gun.
Entire Chandigarh lobby is restless and sleepless.

Preparing the Summer, winter, monsoon, city, village, town trials and possible induction in 2200.
I want to correct u
No induction in 2200 but it's never gonna induct

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles