DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Shri Rajnath Singh handed over the F-INSAS system to the Indian Army today.

FaQyJplaAAAm54A.jpeg

Kit includes AK-203 with holographic sight(BEL most probably ). SMPP BP jacket . ACH. Elbow and knee pads.

And helmet mounted NVG . Plus individual comms set.

It's more of an amalgamation of newly inducted systems and kits rather they brand new stuff.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag

View attachment 168015

Kit includes AK-203 with holographic sight(BEL most probably ). SMPP BP jacket . ACH. Elbow and knee pads.

It's more of an amalgamation of newly inducted systems and kits rather they brand new stuff.
I am unable to see anything futuristic in this case. It's like we are trying to attend the level of 90s NATO soldier.
Isn't IA smart enough to see that what other armies are using and transitioning to.
These guys can't even select a good plate carrier, no wonder smpp bpj is not seen anywhere even though it has been delivered, soldier probably use its plate in conjunction with simple carriers for mobility. And God save us if we are truly selecting a 7.62AK round as our mainstay, so when are we going to see the zoo of 7.62ak, 5.56 and 7.62 nato ammo in a platoon size unit.
I never knew putting a holo on ak rifle will be a futuristic thing in 2020+ era

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
1660643577901.png

just an example for people to see how our forces self sabotage. In the end ARDE said f*ck it, we won't deal with this stupidity.
Only Gernails know how the hell a Gatling gun with higher spec would be worse than what was required, that too in 90s. Let me guess, perhaps the famous WeIGhT Issue.
If ATAGS was to made in 90s, it would have seen the same fate.

Don't be fooled by many of the Old Veterans on media or twitter. Their disdain for indigenious weapons is not hidden and they pray videshi maal as their own kid. Who knows how many of them are Chandigarh lobby guys or a part of this self sabotage group.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Due to recoil its motors will fail as they cant survive shock.Moreover one need to keep the barrel or atgm/rockets near to the center of gravity so that it wont tumble after 1 shot.Looks like another unitree china robot in russia
Weakness of this robo dog from china.A simple emp device can end all their functions
Here is a thread for the weakness of these unmanned ground robos
Nope about the recoil argument. RPGs are recoilless.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

View attachment 168015

This is phase 1. Phase 3 will be more aggressive and more dangerous.

Year 2300. F - INSAS final form
1660649924063.png

AnantS

Country flag
I dont understand the logic behind using Kestrel just as personnel carrier !!!!! we could have opt for kalyani M4 ..Kestrel should have atleast a 20 mm cannon otherwise we will end up in burning more fuel just to carry 10 personnel.
I would have said its amphibious, but then Army ordered without anti surge vane and water jet pod

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
I dont understand the logic behind using Kestrel just as personnel carrier !!!!! we could have opt for kalyani M4 ..Kestrel should have atleast a 20 mm cannon otherwise we will end up in burning more fuel just to carry 10 personnel.
Tata Kestrel is a platform which is basically inspired by Stryker platform. It will give a common platform where the vehicle can be developed into Wheeled IFV, Light tank, Command Vehicle, CRBN vehicle, Ambulance, Mortar carrier etc. But we are not US army, we are Indian Army so I don't know when all this things will come online, but within my lifespan I will see the second or third variant.

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 168032

just an example for people to see how our forces self sabotage. In the end ARDE said f*ck it, we won't deal with this stupidity.
Only Gernails know how the hell a Gatling gun with higher spec would be worse than what was required, that too in 90s. Let me guess, perhaps the famous WeIGhT Issue.

Don't be fooled by many of the Old Veterans on media or twitter. Their disdain for indigenious weapons is not hidden and they pray videshi maal as their own kid. Who knows how many of them are Chandigarh lobby guys or a part of this self sabotage group.
True that

Good that you highlighted it
Even better that you provided a proof (among countless such proofs )

Nice !

Last edited:

Srinie

Country flag
Tell this to the MoD babus and army generals. All their Gyan Uday happens only after retirement

Srinie

Country flag
View attachment 168032

Bigger keeda than such GSQRs is the keeda of proven weapons for the armed forces . It's a losing proposition for indigenous companies .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles