DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

radion

Country flag
View attachment 166700

So, guys it is finally clear that AMCA won't have EOTS, atleast the mk1 won't have it. It will have DAS as it has been mentioned by DRDO officials working on AMCA in several news articles though not seen on this model, perhaps coz its submerged blended inside body so no need to show it on aerodynamic test model. On the other hand EOTS has never been mentioned once by officials.
Also EOTS and IRST both doesn't makes sense as EOTS can do the same work of IRST so expectation of EOTS after IRST confirmed are extremely slim.
Absence of EOTS means targeting pod for ground attack missions thereby say bye bye to stealth ground attack missions.

I am disappointed slightly, because we took our sweet time to work AMCA out and still lack EOTS essential system for mk1 which is going to be inducted in 2030/32.
I understand that IAF is okay with it which leads me to double down ony belief that IAF is indeed very adamant on its air defence role and completely forgets about striking ground targets.
To draw out parallel, SU 57 too doesn't have EOTS and guess what is the performance of RUAF in Ukraine, they are rather performing very low sorties that too on SU25 with dumb weapons.

If anything is to go by, current PAF has better ground attack capability than IAF, fight me!!!

My conclusion is that AMCA mk1 is good for only air ops and doesn't IRST put a problem for frontal aspect stealth?

And what are those things other than IRST circled?
View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702

I swear if AMCA mk2 too doesn't have EOTS then I am gonna flip out

View attachment 166703
where did you get this photo and das is right there
1659772135678.png

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
View attachment 166700

So, guys it is finally clear that AMCA won't have EOTS, atleast the mk1 won't have it. It will have DAS as it has been mentioned by DRDO officials working on AMCA in several news articles though not seen on this model, perhaps coz its submerged blended inside body so no need to show it on aerodynamic test model. On the other hand EOTS has never been mentioned once by officials.
Also EOTS and IRST both doesn't makes sense as EOTS can do the same work of IRST so expectation of EOTS after IRST confirmed are extremely slim.
Absence of EOTS means targeting pod for ground attack missions thereby say bye bye to stealth ground attack missions.

I am disappointed slightly, because we took our sweet time to work AMCA out and still lack EOTS essential system for mk1 which is going to be inducted in 2030/32.
I understand that IAF is okay with it which leads me to double down ony belief that IAF is indeed very adamant on its air defence role and completely forgets about striking ground targets.
To draw out parallel, SU 57 too doesn't have EOTS and guess what is the performance of RUAF in Ukraine, they are rather performing very low sorties that too on SU25 with dumb weapons.

If anything is to go by, current PAF has better ground attack capability than IAF, fight me!!!

My conclusion is that AMCA mk1 is good for only air ops and doesn't IRST put a problem for frontal aspect stealth?

View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702

View attachment 166703
With only 2 squadrons of mark 1, using those to launch pod guided pgms will be the least of IAF' concern. A2G Anti Radiation Missiles and Scalp like Cruise missiles(CAATS program has a compact air launched CM) will be used to knock out high PLAAF air defence and other priority sites. The aircraft with pod needs to remain there and light up the target till pgm hits it. It's a risky proposition deep inside China. Ghatak, CAATS like platforms are better suited for it. AMCA program will have around 8 prototypes and equal number of LSPs. Ample time to integrate additional sensors ones they mature. Infact in initial prototypes, the focus will be on aerodynamics, fcs, claws and stealth profile aspects

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 166700

View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702

View attachment 166703
5th gen 5.5th gen 6th gen :pound:

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Are bhai pura mila ke 2 gun bana hai ek ko 10 baar phodenge aur dusre ko 11 baaar....Uske baad Kadi Ninda and Money Guzzling Genrols chest thumping karenge..
1659777156867.png

Phele ye kar lo tum MoD, 2 guns k naam p Aisa kya celebration chal rha h, INdigeNIoUs?

And now this shit with AMCA mk1 design being nothing but some watered down of what was envisioned after so many years, if this was to be inducted in 2020, fine? But in 2032, god save us.

Atleast SU 57 introduced some totally new addition to a fighter like side scan arrays, only fighter with dircm on it, wing slats L-band array to detect stealth platform and other things, though losing in stealth compared to f22/35.

I am not even sure if AMCA mk1 can even be called proper 5th gen when that big ass IRST and Refueling probe is sticking out.

I have been positive this far bu this AMCA mk1 sh*t has given my brain AIDS and add the salt of 2 measly ATAGS celebrating as something to be proud of.

Now I am suddenly feeling the allure of F35 import if biraadar US allows, for a guy who hates import of weapons.
1659778578190.png

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
View attachment 166754

Phele ye kar lo tum MoD, 2 guns k naam p Aisa kya celebration chal rha h, INdigeNIoUs?

And now this shit with AMCA mk1 design being nothing but some watered down of what was envisioned after so many years, if this was to be inducted in 2020, fine? But in 2032, god save us.

Atleast SU 57 introduced some totally new addition to a fighter like side scan arrays, only fighter with dircm on it, wing slats L-band array to detect stealth platform and other things, though losing in stealth compared to f22/35.

I am not even sure if AMCA mk1 can even be called proper 5th gen when that big ass IRST and Refueling probe is sticking out.

I have been positive this far bu this AMCA mk1 sh*t has given my brain AIDS and add the salt of 2 measly ATAGS celebrating as something to be proud of.

Now I am suddenly feeling the allure of F35 import if biraadar US allows, for a guy who hates import of weapons.
View attachment 166757

Let it come first man. We already have lot of hurdles to come with juicy articles and we are worrying about its capability now. EOTS system is on development stage with DRDO already released tender to incorporate the system in test aircraft for testing. So it will be integrated with AMCA parallelly.

1659779093628.png

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
anyway the koreans have embedded their eo pod beside the 4 a2a missiles
View attachment 166756
Yeah, atleast they don't call their plane some Uber 5th gen with 6th gen tech. They call it as some 4++gen plane, fair enough. Though AMCA would excel in network centric warfare, EW warfare and Data fusion. Externally AMCA would certainly excel in materials department as materials stealth is also crucial and I am quite sure Americans won't give everything to Koreans on a platter, pretty sure a lot of good tech are being kept away.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Yeah, atleast they don't call their plane some Uber 5th gen with 6th gen tech. They call it as some 4++gen plane, fair enough. Though AMCA would excel in network centric warfare, EW warfare and Data fusion. Externally AMCA would certainly excel in materials department as materials stealth is also crucial and I am quite sure Americans won't give everything to Koreans on a platter, pretty sure a lot of good tech are being kept away.
Only sad point is absence of eots and presence of irst and eo pod
And coming to refueling probe it's gonna retractable the thing u are quoting is from that vr right ?
But in that vr it wasn't clear if it is retractable or not as that was not shown in details so I would suggest to wait for confirmation regarding refueling probe

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Only sad point is absence of eots and presence of irst and eo pod
And coming to refueling probe it's gonna retractable the thing u are quoting is from that vr right ?
But in that vr it wasn't clear if it is retractable or not as that was not shown in details so I would suggest to wait for confirmation regarding refueling probe
Yeah that's pretty much it but I fear if the IFR also sticks out a little in the final design, after this EOTS thing I am not sure about many things. And if the timeline gets delayed, my fear keeps on growing.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
With only 2 squadrons of mark 1, using those to launch pod guided pgms will be the least of IAF' concern. A2G Anti Radiation Missiles and Scalp like Cruise missiles(CAATS program has a compact air launched CM) will be used to knock out high PLAAF air defence and other priority sites. The aircraft with pod needs to remain there and light up the target till pgm hits it. It's a risky proposition deep inside China. Ghatak, CAATS like platforms are better suited for it. AMCA program will have around 8 prototypes and equal number of LSPs. Ample time to integrate additional sensors ones they mature. Infact in initial prototypes, the focus will be on aerodynamics, fcs, claws and stealth profile aspects
Perhaps you are right but I see a lot of holes in this concept.
No doubt Air combat teaming is important but important fact is that it is a whole system of assets and EW will also be there to limit enemy AD range and capability thereby allowing planes to operate inside 100-80km enemy bubble. Now let's assume a scenario to engage moving targets with a weapon like SDB2 having trimode seeker. Now to engage moving targets, visual identification is utmost necessary and I am pretty sure EOTS will be needed for strike plane and to BDA.
AI Teaming is the future but it still is some time far and there will be missions without a teaming drone so in hindsight absence of EOTS is a big problem.

In all reality, how the hell would IAF even have enough planes and teaming drones as well as infra to maintain a sizeable amount for 2 front war. This is going to be a very expensive endeavour.

radion

Country flag

waaait,hold on...why have we sent the AMCA to USA??? are we lacking in wind tunnels now?
Honestly now i am thinking that the model shown here is not made by us but outsourced.What's the most detailed WT model we've seen before?

SavageKing456

Country flag
View attachment 166700

View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702

View attachment 166703
It doesn't makes any sense
Probably the IAF required and forced DRDO to put it otherwise EOTS was pretty much confirmed in amca mk1

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles