DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 166532

Seems like a lightening pod to be there.
Yes
Imo for bda / in support of trial

The confirmed news is 500kg GP bomb will have a laser guidance kit to turn it into a LGB

Infact it seems to me that drdo is looking to have a LGB variant of almost all its indigenous dumb bombs by adding Griffin LG kit

binayak95

Country flag
Yes
Imo for bda / in support of trial

The confirmed news is 500kg GP bomb will have a laser guidance kit to turn it into a LGB

Infact it seems to me that drdo is looking to have a LGB variant of almost all its indigenous dumb bombs by adding Griffin LG kit
Griffin kit ka desi version bann raha hai. BDL and Alpha Defense I believe.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
not drdo but here's a proposed model of the rail gun that was supposed to be fitted onboard zumwalt class DDG.

View attachment 166580
it failed however as the range was not comparable to missiles that other destroyers have and the ammo was much more expensive than previously predicted and was almost as expensive as missiles.the Americans went on a wrong path of concurrent development of the Zumwalt class without making sure that the main gun around which the concept of this ship type was built was a mastered technology.so the 3 ships of this class became at best experimental ships and they lost a lot of time and energy and money on a dead line of new generation destroyers.they have now abandoned the revolutionary design path and have settled on an evolutionary design NGD and they are in the design phase.

because of this the mainline destroyer combatant of the US navy is still the venerable but fast-getting obsolete Burke.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
FZcPWJjagAASrtw (1)~2.jpeg

So, guys it is finally clear that AMCA won't have EOTS, atleast the mk1 won't have it. It will have DAS as it has been mentioned by DRDO officials working on AMCA in several news articles though not seen on this model, perhaps coz its submerged blended inside body so no need to show it on aerodynamic test model. On the other hand EOTS has never been mentioned once by officials.
Also EOTS and IRST both doesn't makes sense as EOTS can do the same work of IRST so expectation of EOTS after IRST confirmed are extremely slim.
Absence of EOTS means targeting pod for ground attack missions thereby say bye bye to stealth ground attack missions.

I am disappointed slightly, because we took our sweet time to work AMCA out and still lack EOTS essential system for mk1 which is going to be inducted in 2030/32.
I understand that IAF is okay with it which leads me to double down ony belief that IAF is indeed very adamant on its air defence role and completely forgets about striking ground targets.
To draw out parallel, SU 57 too doesn't have EOTS and guess what is the performance of RUAF in Ukraine, they are rather performing very low sorties that too on SU25 with dumb weapons.

If anything is to go by, current PAF has better ground attack capability than IAF, fight me!!!

My conclusion is that AMCA mk1 is good for only air ops and doesn't IRST put a problem for frontal aspect stealth?

And what are those things other than IRST circled?
1659758150907.png

1659758192030.png

I swear if AMCA mk2 too doesn't have EOTS then I am gonna flip out

View attachment 166703

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles