DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

pipebomb

Country flag
NASM is 375 kg only not 600 kg and it carries a warhead of 100 kg. Brimstone carries only 6 kg warhead. SANT on the other hand has 8 kg warhead similar to hellfire. Warhead weight is important factor in range and it also needs to be taken into account while comparing missiles.
Alright NASM is not fit to compare to brimstone or sant, but still 2kg difference (as you said) between sant and brimstone results in alleged double range unless brimstone ii range in wrongly published in media.

Arpuster

Country flag
Alright NASM is not fit to compare to brimstone or sant, but still 2kg difference (as you said) between sant and brimstone results in alleged double range unless brimstone ii range in wrongly published in media.
As someone also pointed out earlier the rotary wing version of brimstone has range of 12 km and SANT is rotary winged with range around 10 km so not much difference. The fixed wing version of brimstone has range of 20 km which again shouldnt be compared to SANT which is rotary wing missile. 2 Kg Warhead weight difference may look small but consider that warhead of SANT is 33% heavier than that of brimstone.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Instead of releasing products drdo busy releasing specification to the whole world now instead of honeytraps isi need to just follow drdo zoom meetings
Honeytrap problem needs to be solved
What do you think the solutions should be?
That drdo should arrange special girls for employees?
I don't think so
S€x is like an addiction
Employees will crave for new pu$ies after they're done with one

flanker99

Country flag
I don't think so
S€x is like an addiction
This issue is as old as human civilization cannot be solved ..more surveillance on employees will maybe lessen the damage and making an example out of some fuckface will put fear of god in some horny cunts

Chinmoy

Country flag
Question for knowledgeable membran. Is it not puzzling that spike lr2 or mmpt has more than double the range of mpatgm(5.5km as against 2.5km).
Maximum range at which MPATGM has been tested is 4000 mtr.

https://www.business-standard.com/a... already proven,maximum range of 4,000 metres.

But the important fact here is of minimum range requirement put forwarded by Indian Army. Spike could be launched from vehicle top and launching a missile from 6 ft height is going to change its range. So this 5.5 km range is achieved by launching from ground like MPATGM or from top of vehicle is a case of ambiguity.

Or in another case brimstone ii who's range is speculated close to 40 km(that is like nasm, which is a 600kg missile). More than double of 20km range sant(which is probably bigger than brimstone, could be wrong) or 5 times of 8km of helina. This difference can not only be attributable to better propellent or electronic miniaturisation or data link sorcery.

Or all this public info is grossly off mark.
Range of Brimstone II is 20 km when launched from Typhoon. But from a Helicopter, just like SANT, it is speculated to be less.

https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/brimstone-guided-missile/

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't think so
S€x is like an addiction
Yoga is the solution full control of pineal gland will solve this issue.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This issue is as old as human civilization cannot be solved ..more surveillance on employees will maybe lessen the damage and making an example out of some fuckface will put fear of god in some horny cunts
Why not try doing such honeytrap drills of the drdo employees and those will fall for this must be notified and removed from org

Chinmoy

Country flag
Instead of releasing products drdo busy releasing specification to the whole world now instead of honeytraps isi need to just follow drdo zoom meetings
nice-clap.gif

Now after knowing the protection level, enemy would sans rifle and come with RPG to battle field.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Can anyone collectively say
How many Kestrels or its varients have been ordered be it normal Kestrel or ipmv or turret based Kestrel or atgm Kestrel
I mean how many have been approved by ccs and dcs respectively
Another question how many of the production varient has been spotted

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
How many Kestrels or its varients have been ordered be it normal Kestrel or ipmv or turret based Kestrel or atgm Kestrel
We all should go and ask to Tata...

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

Currently 12 delivered. Remaining Inshallah.:hail::hail::hail:

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Here's a thought for you, javelin atgm original range was 2.5km but now it achieves 4km+ range by just changing to better clu as old clu was not able to lock targets to that range. So, I don't see any problem that there could be a similiar 4km class mpatgm. Chinmoy even send you the report by Ajay Shukla, respectable source among journos. Even though it's my first time hearing about 4km range of mpatgm. Let it induct and we may know if a 4km+ variant exists.
Also there is Nag mk2 which is apparently manportable as less than 20kgs, so everything is confusing now or nag mk2 is mpatgm 4km variant.
Anyway a brochure by drdo showing 4km range from mpatgm would be assuring. I was waiting for this year defexpo juicy pics but yeah.....
For me I don't care if it's even 2.5km range, I just want that it's weight should be light and allow firing from shoulders without use of tripod

Last edited:

pipebomb

Country flag
Here's a thought for you, javelin atgm original range was 2.5km but now it achieves 4km+ range by just changing to better clu as old clu was not able to lock targets to that range. So, I don't see any problem that there could be a similiar 4km class mpatgm. Chinmoy even send you the report by Ajay Shukla, respectable source among journos. Even though it's my first time hearing about 4km range of mpatgm. Let it induct and we may know if a 4km+ variant exists.
Also there is Nag mk2 which is apparently manportable as less than 20kgs, so everything is confusing now or nag mk2 is mpatgm 4km variant.
Anyway a brochure by drdo showing 4km range from mpatgm would be assuring. I was waiting for this year defexpo juicy pics but yeah.....
For me I don't care if it's even 2.5km range, I just want that it's weight should be light and allow firing from shoulders without use of tripod
Thanks for replying, i found it informative.Firstly you might have misunderstood me, i am not saying whether A system should have x range or y. Its about trying to understand why comparable system has varying range, whether it is for some technical advancement or marketing sorcery. A quick correction, i was comparing mpatgm to spike lr2 & mmpt which are claimed to be generation ahead of spike lr or javelin.
Regarding brimstone ii, it became clear to me from discussion on this thread that its range is comparable to sant i.e 20km, whether its same size of sant or not is not clear.

Speaking of sant, how does it acquire target, do we need an mmw targeting radar for it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles