DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Both LPTA and Stallion are designed and developed by TATA and AL. VFJ basically producing them under license. Both of the products will be marketed by Tata and Al. Basically GoI made them to share the manufacturing with VFJ for unknown reasons since both of them can add additional lines for orders easily due to their scale of operations.
NO....

Both are designed by AL and TATA respectively and you are correct till that extent. BUT..... Stallion right is reserved by erstwhile OFB whereas TATA LPTA 715 and 713 right has been with TATA. AL has been involved in manufacturing of Shaktiman series too which again were being assembled by OFB.

Since private companies were not allowed to foray into defence sector, Hinduja group started working in background by supplying kits of 4x4 vehicles to OFB. Only now they are manufacturing them independently with latest being 4x4 Mk IV. You would not see the existing 4x4 anywhere in their offered brochure.

So point here being, AL is involved in defense sector indirectly from even before TATA, but till date they were unable to provide an engine to match TATRA. So, whether DPSU or Pvt, both are same. Only excuse private company could give is that they are new comers in defense sector. But as we could see, that's not the case.

no smoking

Country flag
What is the need for such dedicated defense satellite launcher?....cant isro handle such tasks?...makes me wonder if there's more to than meets the eye
In the war time, your enemy will knock out your military satellites at the beginning. So, the armed forces will have to rebuild the satellite network within shortest time, like hours. The civilian rockets generally require minimum 7 days to get ready.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
One sec
Agni 5 we can understand as info is out but how are we sure that k5 and k6 won't have fobs
I think it's necessary to have in all our new ballistic missiles should have it as radar system have advanced a lot
Anyway I am noob in this case my statement could be baseless written with basic knowledge

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
One sec
Agni 5 we can understand as info is out but how are we sure that k5 and k6 won't have fobs
I think it's necessary to have in all our new ballistic missiles should have it as radar system have advanced a lot
Anyway I am noob in this case my statement could be baseless written with basic knowledge
Weight of system matter too , and you will have space and size constraints in k5 , k6

Chinmoy

Country flag
One sec
FOBS (Fractional Orbital Bombardment System) is basically a system where you insert your warhead into LEO and it maneuvers towards its target with rotation of earth.

For example, we fire a missile towards Bangladesh and after reaching LEO, it release its warhead, where it would revolve in the orbit and do needed course correction. Now Pakis would be training their RADARS towards the east to detect the incoming warhead to shoot it down with their HQ-9. But with rotation of earth, the warhead would drop on their head from Turkmenistan or Afghan side.

It is good enough to fool GBR, but now a days we have asset in space too.

Last edited:

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Weight of system matter too , and you will have space and size constraints in k5 , k6
Bro will our hypersonic systems will come with fobs
I basically mean glide vehicles but as far as I know we are not developing glide vehicles
Or I have wrong info

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
FOBS (Fractional Orbital Bombardment System) is basically a system where you insert your warhead into LEO and it maneuvers towards its target with rotation of earth.

For example, we fire a missile towards Bangladesh and after reaching LEO, it release its warhead, where it would revolve in the orbit and do needed course correction. Now Pakis would be training their RADARS towards the west to detect the incoming warhead to shoot it down with their HQ-9. But with rotation of earth, the warhead would drop on their head from Turkmenistan or Afghan side.

It is good enough to fool GBR, but now a days we have asset in space too.
Won't there be any range constraints

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No. That's the beauty of FOBS. Your warhead would be in orbit for a long duration. Basically you could target any area on earth with it and that's its biggest drawback.
Wonderful
Then basically we can put the warhead on earth's LEO and it will roaming accordingly and wherever we say it can strike
Thus good technique in evading radar and early warning systems
So if our vedha carry warhead beside its role of satellite launch system then it could be a great capability leap for us

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Wonderful
Then basically we can put the warhead on earth's LEO and it will roaming accordingly and wherever we say it can strike
Thus good technique in evading radar and early warning systems
So if our vedha carry warhead beside its role of satellite launch system then it could be a great capability leap for us
What's the point? You are talking about using VEDA (Satellite launch system Rocket) to carry a Warhead into space. Dude, we already have such a Capability with our Ballistic missiles (i.e Agni/K-5 etc). You want to use VEDA as a Ballistic missile? Well there is not point in doing that because like I said we already have ballistic missiles with us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles