DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Man sea eagle seems a different weight class altogether with turbojet, closer to harpoon, kh-35, exocet etc than ours.
I have updated it with sea skua which is a light missile may be nasam sr was a medium weight short range missile.Sea skua body kind of feels like nasam sr

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
-PLI is basically Indian tax payer partially compensating manufacturing cost in limited industries for a limited number of years.
-currently PLI is being given to industries that are dependant on China to a large extent.
-PLI is defence industry works only in the case of exports, makes little sense of domestic procurement
-PLI is given for a limited industries for a limited period where annual sales are guaranteed, in defence sales are not consistent every year.
-defence industry bodies have not asked for PLI as far as i know.
-lastly comes the ethical question of why should Indian tax payer pay for weapons sold in other countries(presuming PLI applies only for exports).

Chinmoy

Country flag
Air Force seems like they don't want Mk2 to take off. The new chief sounds particularly invested in this.
Most likely because the Mk2 is a 90% guaranteed success unlike the AMCA. There are no new tech except the canard.

I wanted someone from the AF or Navy to be the next CDS but if the new air chief become next CDS, it could make things more difficult.

View attachment 156627
How many stupid article could one publish?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Termit ? How.
Range and role wise.

Another query of mine is weather NUH will be able to deploy this missile, if not then probably a sant variant with puny warhead(likely effective against smal boats in anti-piracy roles)
MTOW of ALH Mk3 is 5.5 ton. So theoretically it could carry it. But practical scenario could be totally different.

abingdonboy

Country flag
the confidentiality my ass, if they so much cared about confidentiality they wont publish the type of radar antinea, fpg unit they build for military psu more importantly the product they build for drdo, think with logic if MOD find out that radar production can be out sourced to private entity which is cheaper and more faster results which one MOD choose white elephant DRDO who fkup all projects or private firm only focused on radar and auxiliary equipment production, mark my words AESA production will soon given to atstra ( if drdo it self wont sabotage the project to save their complex ego )
Are you mentally stunted?

since when was DRDO a production agency? They have been outsourcing production to private players for a long time now

Criticise DPSUs all you like but this unfounded criticism of DRDO is ridiculous

gajapati

Country flag

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
the confidentiality my ass, if they so much cared about confidentiality they wont publish the type of radar antinea, fpg unit they build for military psu more importantly the product they build for drdo, think with logic if MOD find out that radar production can be out sourced to private entity which is cheaper and more faster results which one MOD choose white elephant DRDO who fkup all projects or private firm only focused on radar and auxiliary equipment production, mark my words AESA production will soon given to atstra ( if drdo it self wont sabotage the project to save their complex ego )
Nice Rant, but you forgot one thing that DRDO is not a production agency, its a tech developer.
It always outsources the weapons systems it develops for production.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles