DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Does anyone have any info about a naval AESA radar development by DRDO ? as well as a search radar ?
There are multiple Naval AESA Radar in development and test both for MMMA program as well as surface ship.

MPR based ship borne radar would be replacing MFSTAR. Its pictures been disclosed unintentionally. A version of Revathi was undergoing ground test for airborne application.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
MPR based ship borne radar would be replacing MFSTAR. Its pictures been disclosed unintentionally
Which one , lot of images are posted regularly , the one on TDV vessel ? And can't we make a aesa version of Revathi

Chinmoy

Country flag
Which one , lot of images are posted regularly , the one on TDV vessel ? And can't we make a aesa version of Revathi
No, not inside the TDV dome, but in open.

Ofcourse we can make and the airborne radar under test is AESA one.

flanker99

Country flag
I have to say forces have been very supportive of domestic industry when it comes to small drones and counter drone systems

karn

Country flag
I have to say forces have been very supportive of domestic industry when it comes to small drones and counter drone systems
Since there is no DPSU making small drones the MOD has no one to "nominate". The forces found a nice loophole.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Since there is no DPSU making small drones the MOD has no one to "nominate". The forces found a nice loophole.
This can also be interpreted as forces were given more options to choose from as a matter of policy by the govt. when PM and his ministers keep talking about private industry almost on a daily basis, bureaucracy takes the hint, and adjusts accordingly.

Anandhu Krishna

Air Force seems like they don't want Mk2 to take off. The new chief sounds particularly invested in this.
Most likely because the Mk2 is a 90% guaranteed success unlike the AMCA. There are no new tech except the canard.

I wanted someone from the AF or Navy to be the next CDS but if the new air chief become next CDS, it could make things more difficult.

Screenshot_20220514-102448_Chrome.png

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
We have munitions reserve as well as strategic petroleum reserves.

Does it make any sense to create a "strategic semiconductor reserve" by buying & storing chips (assuming that they are readily available in some decent numbers now) that are generally used in our platforms such as LCAs, Brahmos, ER-Brahmos, Agnis, Pralays, future platforms etc in case Massa & chamchass decided that we are not toeing their line ?
No. Semiconductors progress very quick, if you store them for 3-4 years they are already outdated.

Photon

Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Air Force seems like they don't want Mk2 to take off. The new chief sounds particularly invested in this.
Most likely because the Mk2 is a 90% guaranteed success unlike the AMCA. There are no new tech except the canard.

I wanted someone from the AF or Navy to be the next CDS but if the new air chief become next CDS, it could make things more difficult.

View attachment 156627
When your source is IDRW and that too it’s their “My Take” section😂.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles