DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Chutiya instead of saying anything directly this guy keeps on defending army blindly. Its Entirely army fault that they didn't spent money on time maybe fuckers are wating for the crisis so that they can get kick backs.
Some guys on the forum itself are what you will call- Bhakt. In their words- Armed forces can do nothing wrong and any guy even objecting to anything done by armed forces is a traitor.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Chutiya instead of saying anything directly this guy keeps on defending army blindly. Its Entirely army fault that they didn't spent money on time maybe fuckers are wating for the crisis so that they can get kick backs.
if vendor doesn’t supply, payments won’t be done either.

if there an ongoing automobile production crunch in the country this year due to chip shortage, why won’t there be a supply chain disruption in military goods production?

Shuturmurg

Country flag
if vendor doesn’t supply, payments won’t be done either.

if there an ongoing automobile production crunch in the country this year due to chip shortage, why won’t there be a supply chain disruption in military goods production?
If that was the case won't all the branches be equally affected ?

Covfefe

Country flag
Question to the experts and exfarts on the forum-
How good is Athos artillery system? To me, it looked very complicated with too many mechanised parts and exposed harness. Autoloading rate also was not that great in the promotional video they have put up on YouTube. What are its advantages over other systems? Or is it just some Goldstein the jernails want to clap in Yerushalem?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If that was the case won't all the branches be equally affected ?
it depends on those particular contracts for a particular equipment and their suppliers. some vendors may be better equipped to handle shocks than others.

I suspect it would it would be an interesting analysis, if someone manages to get it done.

Tridev123

Country flag
On the other hand our forces are not even spending budget allocated to them.

Look at this :

Navy has spent 90% of capital outlay.:clap2:
Airforce has spent 70% of capital outlay. 😕
Army has spent only 40% of capital outlay. :mad2:

On top of that army "sources" are complaining that this is due to restriction on buying foreign equipment. :rage:
Defence funds should not lapse with the ending of the financial year and any unspent money should be carried forward to next year. That said the money allocated should be usefully spent. Since the requirements are vast.

No excuses. But maybe the Covid 19 situation delayed decision making.

There are a lot of things that can be improved in the defence apparatus. Many weaknesses and short comings. But I think that we are slowly increasing the efficiency of decision making in defence if we compare the present situation with the one prevailing a few decades ago. Also we have more money to spend on defence. So situation is not entirely bleak.

I believe our defence R&D and even production is attaining an momentum which cannot be stopped. So even if we suffer from some setbacks in some areas the larger picture is positive.

We have or in the process of developing mk2, mk3 etc versions of most weapons. Whether it is the Akash mk2/NG or Astra mk2 and mk3 most weapons are seeing newer iterations being developed. Technology is being refined and improved.

Inspite of bumbling and fumbling we are steadily climbing the curve as far as defense technologies are concerned. And the Government has realised that the Indian private sector is really Indian and can be trusted with defence manufacturing. Not an pariah. Both the public and the private sector need to perform strongly if we want to reach full self sufficiency.

Hope this new year will see a lot of breakthroughs in our defence development.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Sorry, this whole case of allocated money not being used is going above my head. Why, what is hurting the Army to order some good comm. equipment and scopes for rifles? Some standard equipment for infantry ?

Or order some armored vehicles like DRDO WhAP or Kalyani M4 in some larger numbers ? Oh, and Army has an acute shortfall of artillery, right ? What about some mobile artillery like Garuda-105 or maybe some Dhanush ?

Why, at least improve the living and dressing standard of troops ? Why act like a piss-poor medieval army when coffers are overflowing with money ?

Or am I missing something here ?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sorry, this whole case of allocated money not being used is going above my head. Why, what is hurting the Army to order some good comm. equipment and scopes for rifles? Some standard equipment for infantry ?

Or order some armored vehicles like DRDO WhAP or Kalyani M4 in some larger numbers ? Oh, and Army has an acute shortfall of artillery, right ? What about some mobile artillery like Garuda-105 or maybe some Dhanush ?

Why, at least improve the living and dressing standard of troops ? Why act like a piss-poor medieval army when coffers are overflowing with money ?

we are in 25th Month of global supply chain disruption due to chinese virus, there will be aftershocks.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

64pc of budget was supposed to be used on procuring local weapons and coincidently 60 pc of money is unspent . Now even a dumb can easily guess what's fishy.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
we are in 25th Month of global supply chain disruption due to chinese virus, there will be aftershocks.
That might explain unfulfilled orders, like LCA Tejas delivery being delayed due to vendors not able to supply parts in time.

But what about placing orders ? Take this prime example, 200 more K-9 Vajra, we need them today. If we place the order this year, they will deliver it in the next 3-4 years, so by 2025-26. If we placed orders for it last year, we would have gotten 20-30 of them this year only.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That might explain unfulfilled orders, like LCA Tejas delivery being delayed due to vendors not able to supply parts in time.

But what about placing orders ? Take this prime example, 200 more K-9 Vajra, we need them today. If we place the order this year, they will deliver it in the next 3-4 years, so by 2025-26.
Paper work bro you can't even imagine the amount of paperwork that I had to submit to take admission in college and here we are talking about million dollar Acquisitions.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

But what about placing orders ? Take this prime example, 200 more K-9 Vajra, we need them today. If we place the order this year, they will deliver it in the next 3-4 years, so by 2025-26. If we placed orders for it last year, we would have gotten 20-30 of them this year only.
going by this list, it can't be said that procurement files have stopped moving altogether even during the pandemic. orders were being given consistently. as for specific big items, there have been enough discussions for years here at DFI.

Akula

Country flag

Correct. Things like bulletproof vests, helmets, comms, gear etc can be ordered.

Tuco

Country flag
Paper work bro you can't even imagine the amount of paperwork that I had to submit to take admission in college and here we are talking about million dollar Acquisitions.
Agreed they could at least have paid of HAL for the LCH or arrears of MSME's. Tonbo was openly asking for payments on Twitter not sure how many such cases are there.

Sorry mods this out of topic.

We constructed second and third floor of the house previous year, so when we went to get the permit they asked for the challan that was used to buy the application that was needed to apply for the allotment of plot, this challan was from 86. Luckily my appa had it otherwise they would have made do a dance Infront of them lol

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Agreed they could at least have paid of HAL for the LCH or arrears of MSME's. Tonbo was openly asking for payments on Twitter not sure how many such cases are there.

Sorry mods this out of topic.

We constructed second and third floor of the house previous year, so when we went to get the permit they asked for the challan that was used to buy the application that was needed to apply for the allotment of plot, this challan was from 86. Luckily my appa had it otherwise they would have made do a dance Infront of them lol
Ya'll Nibbiars Tombo apparently like to do business with any other than the MOD as they is stipulated time of payment in many contracts.

Could have added "courtesy of respective owners" like billa-ji 😝.
Ya'll Nibbiars add Vinod DX9 and other to this Angreezi ke professors.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles