DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Whitecollar

Country flag

johnj

Nah, even people with engineering degrees do Scientist jobs, thats not the problem. For example, someone making a missile is technically an engineer, but govt post will be scientist G.

New scientific discovery done in labs for new scientific discovery- EG CSIR will often come up with new stuff with good applications.
people with engineering degrees also do farming, sales, driver, cleak, manager etc, what matters is the result or products or end results he/she produces. In the case of DRDO, DRDO only gets what or how much spends or pays.
if you consider labs, labs created by engineers and used by scientists. Scientific discovery and scientific innovation are different. Diff b/w innovation and scientific discovery is a question asked in schools during my time. Lots of people do ME/BE in Mech and then MCA and do MBA job. Students can only choose what they get. The biggest issue in india, a student very good in BSc choose MBBS or BE/BTech after that PG and stuck with it, and do screwdrivergiri becz they are unable to use their natural gifts and need experience to overcome screwdrivergiri and it takes time. That's why some GOI org like ISRO[DRDO] only pays little above market value, and choose ones whos meets their requirement. Scientists were hard to find in india becz most of them choose MBBS and MTech. Students choose money/job and not their skills/talents for higher education, only few follow their heart and major of them ends up in private sector. 1.38 billion people, most of them are youth, but Drdo/goi/armed forces unable to find required human resources. DRDO need more scientists [MSc/MS] than ME/MTech now and scientists choose universities[UGC] over DRDO. So DRDO trying to find them from ME/MTech, old trick done by ISRO, now they're having their own edu institutions.

The major question comes to my mind is, why an engineer having 3/5 years in aero high level job consider DRDO and HAL offer and how many private aero companies are their with that kind of experience ? Answer plez.

Whitecollar

Country flag
people with engineering degrees also do farming, sales, driver, cleak, manager etc, what matters is the result or products or end results he/she produces. In the case of DRDO, DRDO only gets what or how much spends or pays.
if you consider labs, labs created by engineers and used by scientists. Scientific discovery and scientific innovation are different. Diff b/w innovation and scientific discovery is a question asked in schools during my time. Lots of people do ME/BE in Mech and then MCA and do MBA job. Students can only choose what they get. The biggest issue in india, a student very good in BSc choose MBBS or BE/BTech after that PG and stuck with it, and do screwdrivergiri becz they are unable to use their natural gifts and need experience to overcome screwdrivergiri and it takes time. That's why some GOI org like ISRO[DRDO] only pays little above market value, and choose ones whos meets their requirement. Scientists were hard to find in india becz most of them choose MBBS and MTech. Students choose money/job and not their skills/talents for higher education, only few follow their heart and major of them ends up in private sector. 1.38 billion people, most of them are youth, but Drdo/goi/armed forces unable to find required human resources. DRDO need more scientists [MSc/MS] than ME/MTech now and scientists choose universities[UGC] over DRDO. So DRDO trying to find them from ME/MTech, old trick done by ISRO, now they're having their own edu institutions.

The major question comes to my mind is, why an engineer having 3/5 years in aero high level job consider DRDO and HAL offer and how many private aero companies are their with that kind of experience ? Answer plez.
Ho gya bhai...if such issues are persisting, I would request Mod to make a separate forum called "Kam paise in Sarkaari nokri and other such issues"

Chinmoy

Country flag
@fire starter @Chinmoy @porky_kicker @NeXoft007

What r the chances that Agni p is a tech demonstrator for definitive A5 and K5 SLBM??

Cause a certain person i know says that Agni p is updated A5(in terms of tech like all composite stages) and a certain member quoted from a blog saying it's land varient k5 SLBM.
Long back while arguing with a Chinese nincompoop I stated the same thing. Each of the missile under IGMDP is a tech development on its predecessor. Its not just range augmentation from 1 to 2, but augmentation of many more tech.
With each test we are testing one or more new component in each missile. So expect the same with A1P.

ObiWanKenobi

Country flag
How do you 'share' know-how?

1. Either they develop a radar and sell it i.e. they become a tier 1 supplier like Raytheon is for F-35.
2. They do the above but BEL or somebody manufactures it. So same as above but at least we get a GaN foundry here, some ecosystem, jobs etc. No research here.
3. They send 'consultants' and contribute to an Indian company led initiative to develop a radar. Things such as carrying out design reviews, proposing improvements, sharing experienced personnel and benchmarking against their own. Helps a lot. But then why can't we hire consultants directly from USA/EU/Israel? - more on that later.
4. They literally give all trade secrets and everything in a drive and that's it.

1 and 2 are just selling you a product.

3 is basically developing it yourself with some 'help'. You then have the experience of developing it yourself, understand the science and are able to even improve it further in subsequent generations. That is the only way a 'technology is gained'. However, relying too much on foreign consultants means you will be dependent so use it sparingly.

4 again means nothing by itself, you got somebody's homework. But if you were trying to do your homework anyway and were stuck on 2-3 things, THEN it could help. You could also use their data for benchmarking purposed and do more R&D from the back of that. But this is not a replacement for doing it yourself - it could help you by 10%

The only way you can get a 'shortcut' to developing the technology yourself in your own company/country is headhunting experienced personnel - like Tesla and SpaceX did. In the end, the knowledge and experience lives in people not companies.

If these countries like Sweden, USA, UK were serious about sharing, they would not forbid their defence industry personnel from working in India for Indian companies. If somebody starts SpaceX in India, literally no US citizen who has ever had a security clearance will be allowed to work there. However, among NATO countries and TTCP members (five eyes) - a lot of this exchange is allowed.

So basically I just wanted to rant about this 'transfer of technology' pill.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Those Mig 29s are really emitting a lot of smoke(Open invitation for FOX 2s in battle). Has this issue been even remotely solved in the RD-33MK??
Be happy it isn’t jet black like the older versions😂. However this problem doesn’t occur this severely at all phases of flight and only in certain phases at certain power settings.
1643289180844.png

Last edited:

Whitecollar

Country flag
That's pretty solid if you're going for a merge or detect enemy presence so you go full throttle. Problem with the Mig 29 is: it consumes hefty amount of fuel while staying in afterburner so whatever the Mig pilot's gotta do, he has to do it within few mins. Modern WVR battles are much short lived so this tactic might just work wonders!

Anyways...good to know that our chindi padosi uses same RD-33 derivative(smokier even) and has to adapt to similar do or die tactic or else face the circumstance(IR CCM to the a$$/face)
images (15).jpeg

images (16).jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles