DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

not so dravidian

Country flag
K5/ K6 is 2.3m at max in diameter, fatter than Agni Prime (1.4-1.5m).
Orion int with photometric analysis, said diameter was1.2 m max. Seems like he was wrong.

:shock: 1.4-1.5m. damn, then with new propellent, then true range is definitely b/w 3000km-4000km.

@NeXoft007 Bhai u said, Agni p was a very unique missile which can be mated with different types of warhead.

Cud u plz expand this more?? Plssss!!

Photon

Country flag

indiatester

Country flag
Hope DRDO and AFRL collaboration will result in some thing like this.
Actually during the last demonstration they had, they showed mother drones and child drones (not sure of the terminology they used). But, they were smaller drones ofcourse.
But they are surely aware.

Edit:
Found the video:
Check here from 2:08 and at 6:34 where they mention "mothership drones" and "child drones"

But, like you said, we need the ones like predators etc.

Last edited:

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars for fresher in contract basis it is. You still don't knew how much less you get paid for the jobs in India. You are in a living in a la la land where many dreams that they will get starting salary in 6 digit figure per months.
The actual scientists, who are the brains behind the project, get upwards of 2 lakhs. These ppl getting 20k are lab technicians, whose job is punching numbers, soldering wires, and similar screwdrivergiri.

Source:-Family mermbers in DRDO as well as in other govt research orgs.

ladder

Country flag
The actual scientists, who are the brains behind the project, get upwards of 2 lakhs. These ppl getting 20k are lab technicians, whose job is punching numbers, soldering wires, and similar screwdrivergiri.
What soldering is required in CFD that too in hypersonic domain?
You need to acknowledge, if you pay peanuts, you only can hire monkeys.

I am not arguing the fact that DRDO scientists earn upwards of 2L per month.
But even for outsourced work, you need to hire proper talent at market price, otherwise the project will get delayed if not derailed.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
What soldering is required in CFD that too in hypersonic domain?
You need to acknowledge, if you pay peanuts, you only can hire monkeys.

I am not arguing the fact that DRDO scientists earn upwards of 2L per month.
But even for outsourced work, you need to hire proper talent at market price, otherwise the project will get delayed if not derailed.
IDK, running simulations, data entry stuff, whatever. I know the pay slabs, this isnt a scientist job, its a lab assistant job.

Govt jobs will always be lower salary than market rate. Govt job's advantage is that you have an assured, stable income source even in the worst economic disasters. So many people lost jobs due to covid, but for govt employees, no issue.

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20220126_183941.jpg

Live onboard video telecast of Republic day parade shows the high speed , real time data sending and handling capabilities of IAF. Certainly a good thing, passing the firing solution from one platform to other is much less amount of data , so we can assume that IAF is turning into a real netcentric force , where any platform can use its weapons even without using its sensors just need a connection with Ground control or other flying assets. Don't know if there any other technicalities involved for live video streaming

ladder

Country flag
IDK, running simulations, data entry stuff, whatever. I know the pay slabs, this isnt a scientist job, its a lab assistant job.

Govt jobs will always be lower salary than market rate. Govt job's advantage is that you have an assured, stable income source even in the worst economic disasters. So many people lost jobs due to covid, but for govt employees, no issue.
You need to re-read the advertisement again my friend.
1. CFD engineer ( to work in hypersonic domain)
2. Prior exposure to aerospace domain
3. On contract
4. Salary about 20000 pm

Akula

Country flag

Central jobs have these kind of benefits. State government employees didn't receive their pay for 2-3 months during lockdown.

Covfefe

Country flag

Contract fellas too work pretty hard- are atleast engineering undergrads with decent theoretical knowledge and hands on practice on modelling software. Them being paid 20k a month in a city like Bangalore is criminal- Govt class IV employee (peon, office help etc) get more than 25k after deduction and other benefits
Anyway, this discussion is for some other thread, we may let this one stay for tech related

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
You need to re-read the advertisement again my friend.
1. CFD engineer ( to work in hypersonic domain)
2. Prior exposure to aerospace domain
3. On contract
4. Salary about 20000 pm
1)Contract-So not a scientist, like I said. Contractual employees do screwdrivergiri only, since this is CFD, job will probably be running sims etc. Lab technician.
2)Prior exposure probably means internship of some sort, OR that contract will be longer than a few months so they want someone flexible.
which leads to 3)Salary will be low.

Like honestly, lift operators in govt service get 9-10k a month, why would an engineer get 20k? Either ad is wrong or its a la technician.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles