DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
:hmm: i think within a decade we will be seeing anti-personnel drones .

imagine RR releasing a couple of these small autonomous drones against a terrorist hiding inside a building

they fly in around , seek out a target and explode.

This is actually a great idea. Small autonomous drones which carry a directional-explosive or maybe even a grenade can used to safely neutralize terrorists inside a building once the civilians has been evacuated.

karn

Country flag

This is actually a great idea. Small autonomous drones which carry a directional-explosive or maybe even a grenade can used to safely neutralize terrorists inside a building once the civilians has been evacuated.
Autonomous part would be hard . I don't think there exists any computer vision model that would be able to differentiate between friendly and enemy . But the overall idea is good and no need of any funding... pick up a commercial racing drone and attach a grenade to it .
In that theme there needs to be a national project to develop computer vision / decision making models for future Autonomous weapons .. Considering that unlike say turbine engines we actually have a lot of expertise in this area.

Photon

Country flag
Didn’t read after seeing this :dude:
That's why I didn't post it here when i saw that yesterday because we all know about The thuressian times🤣🤣🤣..that much pathetic state of army recognition..anyway second article on same day about akash is much better

Tuco

Country flag

imagine RR releasing a couple of these small autonomous drones against a terrorist hiding inside a building

I am not sure about the performance inside the buildings but there are already antipersonal drones in testing/dev that can be launched from tubes like Carl Gustav... I am trying to remember the source.

mokoman

Country flag
I am not sure about the performance inside the buildings but there are already antipersonal drones in testing/dev that can be launched from tubes like Carl Gustav... I am trying to remember the source.
Autonomous part would be hard . I don't think there exists any computer vision model that would be able to differentiate between friendly and enemy . But the overall idea is good and no need of any funding... pick up a commercial racing drone and attach a grenade to it .
In that theme there needs to be a national project to develop computer vision / decision making models for future Autonomous weapons .. Considering that unlike say turbine engines we actually have a lot of expertise in this area.
identifying part can be done by human , AI is progressing rapidly , which is y i said 1 decade.

'doors' will be a problem LOL , but a explosive laden drone can blow them away.

imagine 25 of these flying around a building with 1 or 2 terrorists .

def a better option than just destroying building or sending in troops blindly.

just check out what the kashmir entrepreneurship building looks like after 2 terrorists holed up in it

hope we induct drones , even ordinary ones in large numbers , will def bring down casualties in kashmir.

Whitecollar

Country flag
identifying part can be done by human , AI is progressing rapidly , which is y i said 1 decade.

'doors' will be a problem LOL , but a explosive laden drone can blow them away.

imagine 25 of these flying around a building with 1 or 2 terrorists .

def a better option than just destroying building or sending in troops blindly.

just check out what the kashmir entrepreneurship building looks like after 2 terrorists holed up in it

hope we induct drones , even ordinary ones in large numbers , will def bring down casualties in kashmir.
How about this? Use a scream drone instead. These will make ear shattering sound as well as flash high power multi color lights at him the moment they get inside the target room deafening and blinding the terrorist temporarily. He will be bound to leave the gun, look elsewhere and protect his ears. Drone continues the duty until RR gets inside the house, flashbangs the target room and catches/neutralizes the terrorist.

Such drones can be bought dime a dozen and as it is ear protection can be worn by RR before storming the house

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
How about this? Use a scream drone instead. These will make ear shattering sound as well as flash high power multi color lights at him the moment they get inside the target room deafening and blinding the terrorist temporarily. He will be bound to leave the gun, look elsewhere and protect his ears. Drone continues the duty until RR gets inside the house, flashbangs the target room and catches/neutralizes the terrorist.

Such drones can be bought dime a dozen and as it is ear protection can be worn by RR before storming the house
After one mission, terrorists will bring earpods with them in every other mission thereafter. So, scream drones are not a good investment.

flanker99

Country flag

Speaker lagake Dhinchak puja ke gane chala do vai kam khatam

Whitecollar

Country flag
After one mission, terrorists will bring earpods with them in every other mission thereafter. So, scream drones are not a good investment.
Then they fool themselves...RR's house clearing will still go unnoticed as terrorists will be enjoying "72 houri song collection" on their earpods. Other thing is flashing lights. They will surely be disoriented unless they wear goggles(as per your logic).

THESIS THORON

Country flag

The Shrike

Country flag

Might be usefull on the LoC - instead of firing off 100's of mortar/arti shell, we can unleash dozens of killer swarm drones that kill anyone within a geo fenced area (of pre identified paki bunkers and installations).

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ATAGS' trial passing year could be 2025. And 200 more K9 going to be ordered for 10000 crores. Each costing ₹500 crores($70 million). Ha Ha Ha.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india-tod...or-made-in-india-howitzers-1903375-2022-01-23
In 2025 hydraulic drive is outdated let's get electric then trails till 2028
In 2028 ahh electric poor and old something new then trails till 2031
Abe kharedna hai to bolo nahi to bolo nahi kyun faltu ka sabka time waste karte ho
If u don't want then say no and stop this nonsense neither your requirement is being fulfilled nor companies getting money only waiting waiting and waiting

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles