DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Akula

Country flag
Hope those red lines dont come to bite us on the long term.all indian twitter defence experts were praising the p8i some time ago now they are reversing their claims
If today we had RTA-90, than we could have developed our own P8-I. But its just a dream, our aerospace industry is not mature enough to develop it short period of time.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Air to ground RF- surveillance ? What are you talking ? We already had Space to ground RF- surveillance.
The entire RISAT is either based in low earth orbit or sun-synchronous orbit. This give us limited window of opportunity to carry our ISR mission over area of interest. It also makes the moment of these satellite predictable.
With P8I we can have have detailed, continuous and real-time monitoring of Chinese occupied Tibetan territory at stand off range.
RISAT are perfect to monitor enemy's strategic assets but P8I are currently unrivaled in our inventory for battlefield monitoring.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The ISTAR program was supposed to fulfill this Capability for ground surveillance, right? What's the next best platform available with us for SAR/ISAR capabilities?
And what exactly does ELINT comprise of?
MQ-9 Reaper is next best platform.
AN/APY-8 Lynx II radar is really good and can provide high resolution photo link images. It is supposed to have a resolution of up to 10 cm and range of about 87 km.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles