DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
I knew it. These corrupt babus trying to fool us again by calling some JV products as Indigenous products.
View attachment 131936 Ninda turtle had a Masters degree in Physics and now he can't find a difference b/w an IDDM & JV product.

BJP IT cell will claim how India became a defence exporter after exporting these JV products.
It's a good decision btw but there should be a limit on the tech that we've already developed and at par with the other best options. Don't get me wrong but we have a long long way to go and a good JVs with the extensive knowledge sharing agreement can speed up that process. We learned a lot of things from Brahmos and Barak JV, in the future with such JVs we can learn even more. IDDM doesn't always mean it's the best out there.

Vamsi

Country flag
It's a good decision btw but there should be a limit on the tech that we've already developed and at par with the other best options. Don't get me wrong but we have a long long way to go and a good JVs with the extensive knowledge sharing agreement can speed up that process. We learned a lot of things from Brahmos and Barak JV, in the future with such JVs we can learn even more. IDDM doesn't always mean it's the best out there.
True JV means we should have some technology to contribute. For eg in Barak-8 JV, we developed the dual pulse propulsion, while Israeli's developed the seeker. This is what should be called as a true JV. But our Babus & Jernails call screwdrivergiri as JV and make us fools.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Did anyone post about this? Is this trial after DRDO has redesigned with necessary changes? Hydraulic drive and stuff for ATAGs.
-----------
Indian Army and ARDE will begin the Firing trials (PSQR) of 155/52 Caliber Gun System (ATAGS) in these locations : PFFR Pokharan, SFFR Sikkim, PXE, Balasore, VRDE Ahmednagar and ARDE Ranges.
View attachment 131825
They missed ARDE firing range located in moon..

rone

Country flag
I am reading it wrong? Tweet says tenders have been withdrawn.
I think he represented in a confusing way, it is my assumption that mod decided what can be locally available will be ordered and other important things like fighter jet and maritime surveillance aircraft will be ordered also I earlier read same info from another news article which says NUH and LUH will be ordered from HAL

MonaLazy

Don't excite too much this all gimmick is for generating jobs we will definately See these DEALS getting back door entry through make in India screwdrive giri.
Let's celebrate the moment. Not be so pessimistic.

GoI kare to mare, na kare to mare!
(GoI is doomed both ways on DFI whether it seeks imports or cancels them)- we just can't seem to make up our minds.

Atmanirbharta for the win!!

:balleballe:

As for desi alternatives or screwdrivergiri let's wait a few months and see what the future holds. For now even cancelling these tenders is a big step- unimaginable few years ago and must be celebrated. I'll give GoI the benefit of the doubt for now.

images.jpeg

Only desi sweets!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles