DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Covfefe

Country flag
you mean beyond the 40 something that already exist ?
Yes, they're based out of TN I guess- so I am assuming their primary focus will be Bay of Bengal and Indian Ocean. Plus taking into account the Ruski aircraft availability. Pakis get a relatively free hand in the Arabian sea(although Navy is there) but AF sorties will keep the positive pressure alive

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Yes, they're based out of TN I guess- so I am assuming their primary focus will be Bay of Bengal and Indian Ocean. Plus taking into account the Ruski aircraft availability. Pakis get a relatively free hand in the Arabian sea(although Navy is there) but AF sorties will keep the positive pressure alive
Can mirages carry brahmos?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Still single packed,waste a ton of space for a short range air defense.... I guess we would have quad pack version in the vls being developed to launch all indian naval missiles. Any idea how many missiles to be fitted onboard ships... 16 or 32?
For a 7 inch hot launch missile, this cannister size is OK.

For existing AC & DDG, it would be in 64 and 32 cell configuartion.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Soon we might need Brahmos worthy Flankers for our western seaboard too given the rate Pak Navy is growing
Jaguar with harpoons are already there to take care of few capital ships porky navy has. Also even a coastal battery of bramhos can anywhere in porkystani waters not much need for su30mki launched bramhos.

Not to mention TN based su30mki can still fly till pakistan without even refueling . Lol
That's the point of having big birds.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
perhaps 15% of inventory is good enough, rest is upto IAF to manage logistics. This is why IAF conducted Gagan Shakti to validate these things.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles