DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Vamsi

Country flag
When did I say it's a secret ?

We all knew and iitb website had already mentioned details about hcm under development.
It's the name because two variants are under development.

Also why would I post secret stuff here it's a public forum.
What are those 2 variants ?
Is this missile based on HSTDV ??

Ajax01

Country flag
Yes we're working on HGVs
Htnp industry is working on it+other industry partners(they alone cannot do obviously)
DRDO-honestly I can only speculate but imo they're into it as well.
I used to think HTNP industries was a meme. They were fooling around. But a IISC prof (working on TPS based on ZrB2 ) mentioned them in a Korean Aerospace Symposium talk as a group he is working with

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
DRDO is working on their own HGV. The professor came to Korea few days ago in the KSME seminar as well, I was there as well.
I used to think HTNP industries was a meme. They were fooling around. But a IISC prof (working on TPS based on ZrB2 ) mentioned them in a Korean Aerospace Symposium talk as a group he is working with

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
The cruise missile you guys are talking about is actually going to be hypersonic only during cruise mode. That too cruising at higher altitude, making it easier to see. In the terminal phase the speed will be under mach 3, to enable it's seeker to see and hit.
Don't you think by that time (5-6 years) there will be faster seekers ?

Anyway even in cruise phase going hypersonic will reduce travel time significantly inducing further complexity to enemy defence.

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
HGV needs very high rate of actuator adjustments to maintain accuracy. You need to test it continuously to see how can you control the trajectory and minimize error. AFRL used a 6 DoF 8 PSS dual redundancy model to maintain the accuracy of ARRW within 14 inch of the target.

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
Yes..There is a way to overcome the plasma sheet that forms over the vehicle. DRDO knows it. They are working. But we need a seeker with faster refresh rates...And for that computing chip should be very good. We don't have a chip in that category yet.
Don't you think by that time (5-6 years) there will be faster seekers ?

Anyway even in cruise phase going hypersonic will reduce travel time significantly inducing further complexity to enemy defence.

BrigadierRPS

Country flag
Indian defence establishments are fortunate to have few guys who have worked on AFRL funded projects on Hypersonic vehicles control issues and heating mitigation. So that thing won't be a problem. Terminal guidance is the main problem. Unless you have an active terminal seeker, you cannot hit a moving target. One sich paper

Attachments

IndianHawk

Country flag
Indian defence establishments are fortunate to have few guys who have worked on AFRL funded projects on Hypersonic vehicles control issues and heating mitigation. So that thing won't be a problem. Terminal guidance is the main problem. Unless you have an active terminal seeker, you cannot hit a moving target.
Haven't we indigenize bramhos seeker?? Which should mean we already have a mach 3 rated seeker !!

Yes still much improvement is required but I'm sure we'll get there.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Actually I think the HGV will break cover before the HCM. HGV will be rated for upto 2200 km
The seeker is tough nut to crack,the Ruskies know this as well
Surprisingly none of the country is even close to field full fledged HCM

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The cruise missile you guys are talking about is actually going to be hypersonic only during cruise mode. That too cruising at higher altitude, making it easier to see. In the terminal phase the speed will be under mach 3, to enable it's seeker to see and hit.
I read somewhere all hypersonic missile will work exactly similar.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Yes..There is a way to overcome the plasma sheet that forms over the vehicle. DRDO knows it. They are working. But we need a seeker with faster refresh rates...And for that computing chip should be very good. We don't have a chip in that category yet.
There was talk by an Indian scientist about anti ship capability of Agni Prime.. So, does this imply a future capability.. or an already functional one..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles