DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
If you guys have noticed that Israel has moved to system called Barak MX with visible design changes than the Indian Barak 8. They are marketing the MX version with MRAD,LRAD and ER versions and there is no mention of Barak 8 on IAI site.A few questions here-
1) Why they changed the design??
2) Can we market the Barak 8 in the same way as they market their Barak MX, which is an offshoot of Barak 8. If not then we really need have done something stupid. For people who say its for Indian consumption only, please exports are equally important.
3) Can we further indigenize Barak 8 with Indian seekers and others. Well Israelis certainly have their Baraks made all inhouse and do not seems to uphold the spirit of JV.
I mean why should India play the nice guy when other party is not following the same.
4) What about the range of current Barak 8, various sources say different ranges from 70km to 90km, any official sources??
Any plans for range extension to 120km, which was heard a few years back.

Note:- don't compare this with Russia. Brahmos JV where p 800 oniks was already developed and brahmos was offshoot which gave logical right to Russians to market their oniks separately from brahmos whereas Barak was made from scratch for both Israelis and Indians and as such should follow the JV spirit.
Their mead and lead are deried from python and barak 8 both

flanker99

Country flag
If you guys have noticed that Israel has moved to system called Barak MX with visible design changes than the Indian Barak 8. They are marketing the MX version with MRAD,LRAD and ER versions and there is no mention of Barak 8 on IAI site.A few questions here-
2) Can we market the Barak 8 in the same way as they market their Barak MX, which is an offshoot of Barak 8. If not then we really need have done something stupid. For people who say its for Indian consumption only, please exports are equally important.
3) Can we further indigenize Barak 8 with Indian seekers and others. Well Israelis certainly have their Baraks made all inhouse and do not seems to uphold the spirit of JV.
I mean why should India play the nice guy when other party is not following the same.
4) What about the range of current Barak 8, various sources say different ranges from 70km to 90km, any official sources??

Note:- don't compare this with Russia. Brahmos JV where p 800 oniks was already developed and brahmos was offshoot which gave logical right to Russians to market their oniks separately from brahmos whereas Barak was made from scratch for both Israelis and Indians and as such should follow the JV spirit.
Any kind of range extension if needed by armed forces could be done but i dont think we will see any barak mx type system here atleast for land ...for naval applications we might see a <150km LRSAM + vlsrsam

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Depends on what the contract for the JV specified, if it specified that cooperation is only for one variant then we don’t have any thing to do with the offshoots of the system, exports again will depend on who has been given the rights to market the system and if we do indeed have the right to market it, I don’t think we’re doing it because we’re probably trying to prioritise the Akash SAM family for exports as it it has much more indigenous content onboard and we can export to countries that don’t have good relations with Israel. I don’t think MoD has also given permission for MRSAM exports as it’s not present on BDLs exports brochure.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
IMG_20211117_143859_136.jpg

Covfefe

Country flag
Another master stroke basically now whole negative list has been reduced to garbage.
More than RAW we need a very strong internal surveillance group to recon and eliminate these Jaichands, a group that is independent from MoD, MEA and reports only to PM/HM. Chor dakait within the house cause a lot more damage

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
More than RAW we need a very strong internal surveillance group to recon and eliminate these Jaichands, a group that is independent from MoD, MEA and reports only to PM/HM. Chor dakait within the house cause a lot more damage
IB is for the same purpose

Covfefe

Country flag
IB is for the same purpose
IB is Central police guys as class 2 officers and IPS as class one- same stuff under different name.They also recruit some "analysts" thru some exams but the kind of folks get selected I have seen are pretty low. An IPS won't touch a guy of his cadre, an Army wala won't touch one of his own.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Now Indigenous weapons will have to pass through one more useless Committee expect more delays , hurdles , corruption and import.

Instead of making procurement process easier they are further creating hurdles by forming Committee after Committee.

Covfefe

Country flag
BC YEH NEGATIVE IMPORT LIST KA NATAK HI KYON KIYA JAB BAKCHODI HI KARNI THI LAST ME
Military Babus can get adamant to the levels you cannot imagine. They'll keep failing your desi products in xyz trials on technical grounds where there can't be any civvie oversight, hold the procurement hostage and make repeated calls for shortage of hardware and problematic acquisition process. They have done it many times in the past, no reason as to why they'll stop now. Only way out is to get more private players in defence who'll stuff the same things in corrupt babus' mouth the foreign players do. A few post retirement technical Consultant" and "Director" positions will also be in the offing. Business is only so much about the product itself. As long as HAL, DRDO, BEL don't learn how to make the offer "sweet", they'll never have any business success either local or abroad (you think Chingus sell their hardware on the merit of their product alone?)

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Depends on what the contract for the JV specified, if it specified that cooperation is only for one variant then we don’t have any thing to do with the offshoots of the system, exports again will depend on who has been given the rights to market the system and if we do indeed have the right to market it, I don’t think we’re doing it because we’re probably trying to prioritise the Akash SAM family for exports as it it has much more indigenous content onboard and we can export to countries that don’t have good relations with Israel. I don’t think MoD has also given permission for MRSAM exports as it’s not present on BDLs exports brochure.
Hope atleast land based Barak can be substituted by Akash NG(70km range) in future.
We pretty much got played on BARAK 8 and critical components like seeker and multi function radar will continue to be imported.
I think it's like we can't export Barak even if we want to coz of JV terms.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Hope atleast land based Barak can be substituted by Akash NG(70km range) in future.
We pretty much got played on BARAK 8 and critical components like seeker and multi function radar will continue to be imported.
I think it's like we can't export Barak even if we want to coz of JV terms.
Hold your horses. No one knows the JV terms.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars today I got to knew that we don't equipp our tank crews with the tanker boots.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles