DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Hey guys, I am new to the forum but have been an avid watcher of everyone for years. I want to say god bless everyone here especially the contributors. I was wondering where I can post pictures of a fully Indian made AK54r that I made under made in India scheme but I managed to source surplus parts and manufacture my own components as well to bring the cost down of this 16 inch ak54r to $230 US

Covfefe

Country flag

Anyone upto the task ? ( As long as it makes sense )
Doesn't reentry of Agni BMs happen at higher 25+ Mach numbers? Do we have the design to make a hypersonic work at such great speeds? The usual hypersonics operate in the range of 5-8 Mach. Metallurgy can hardly keep up with the sustenance of the warheads at such speeds, making an Ogive-shaped engine on top of that?

Agni is a BM that goes into the exosphere before reentering the atmosphere. Can Hypersonic (a supersonic ramjet air-breathing engine) be ignited in such a rarified atmosphere? For reference, flame holding characteristics are a nightmare for hypersonics even in the atmosphere.

Not an expert, but this question does require some deliberation.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Doesn't reentry of Agni BMs happen at higher 25+ Mach numbers? Do we have the design to make a hypersonic work at such great speeds? The usual hypersonics operate in the range of 5-8 Mach. Metallurgy can hardly keep up with the sustenance of the warheads at such speeds, making an Ogive-shaped engine on top of that?

Agni is a BM that goes into the exosphere before reentering the atmosphere. Can Hypersonic (a supersonic ramjet air-breathing engine) be ignited in such a rarified atmosphere? For reference, flame holding characteristics are a nightmare for hypersonics even in the atmosphere.

Not an expert, but this question does require some deliberation.
:doh:

Show me anywhere in my post / infographic where i mentioned anything about ramjet / scramjet ?

What i talked about is hypersonic glide vehicle HGV & you are talking about hypersonic cruise vehicle HCV

So does your reply have any connection to my post ?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Show me anywhere in my post / infographic where i mentioned anything about ramjet / scramjet ?

What i talked about is hypersonic glide vehicle HGV & you are talking about hypersonic cruise vehicle HCV

Guidance part ? Also the tip of nose is a little odd from near or is it okay (asking a question )

Covfefe

Country flag

Ohh my mistake. I confused it with HCVs.
How do HGVs decelerate to the lower Mach numbers?

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
these are all full scale jets , SWIFT is only scaled down small test bed.

isnt it kinda pointless to compare ? 🤷‍♂️
Not Really.
If India has been successful in implementing 2D Fluidic TVC on a scaled down TD, then its not that difficult to implement it on the full scale Ghatak UCAV rather than the other way round.
Miniaturization of such tech is always difficult, and India has been able to do that, so its something to be proud of rather than have our colonial/inferiority complex get the better of us.

no smoking

Country flag
Not Really.
If India has been successful in implementing 2D Fluidic TVC on a scaled down TD, then its not that difficult to implement it on the full scale Ghatak UCAV rather than the other way round.
I am afraid that is not true.
Scaled down model can only test part of aerodynamic design and flight control. The full size plane (UCAV or manned jet) is much more complicated:
Aerodynamic complexity is much higher;
requirement to the flight control is in another level due to the increase of the size, weight and structure;
You have to consider the shooting of the weapons will affect the plane itself;
A lot of more sub-systems will be added in: how can you squeeze them into a limited internal space; how they work well together;
Do you have a decent engine to support all these.

The list goes on and on.

Miniaturization of such tech is always difficult, and India has been able to do that, so its something to be proud of rather than have our colonial/inferiority complex get the better of us.
Miniaturization is not difficult at all.
Miniaturization while having the same functionalities is difficult.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles