DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
It it possible to make this target drone a loitering munition? It will be a nice toy to destroy the S400 batteries in Tibet if that happens, we have Israeli Harpy and Sky striker already, having an indigenous option nice way to grow the arsenal as we need more munitions like this.

I told this in this very thread the first time Abhyas was tested.

The test has not garnered much interest and few people here were mocking DRDO to make something of cold war time line.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Are you sure? SLBM in make 2 project 🤔.
In naval convention terms SSM stands for anti ship role and LAM stands for land attack role.
I am certain that this surely something related to anti ship role and launch platform would be a ship, likely a simple subsonic naval anti ship missile, you can't really ask anything more complex in make-2.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Are you sure? SLBM in make 2 project 🤔.
In naval convention terms SSM stands for anti ship role and LAM stands for land attack role.
I am certain that this surely something related to anti ship role and launch platform would be a ship, likely a simple subsonic naval anti ship missile, you can't really ask anything more complex in make-2.
BRAHMOS is a Make-2 category. It is a SSM project. But in Naval term SSM also means Sub Surface Missile. It could be BRAHMOS too. But the Glide in front of SSM makes it interesting because as of now we have pvt firms working on Glided vehicle rather then DRDO. DRDO is working on powered Hypersonic project.

So in all probability it would be a SLBM rather then Ship launched one.

ShukantC

Country flag
How do you know ?
Cause till now the prototypes of these two which have flown till now especially they both have had circular nozzles (without Chevrons), so the stealth aspect especially from the rear aspect the SWIFT is better designed for now. But I'm sure in the future both of these will get stealth optomized nozzles
4chineseucavwhole.jpg
Su70_20.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles