DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Akula

Country flag
I have exams tomorrow and i am so hyped up rn that i dont want to study anymore.(~‾▿‾)~(~‾▿‾)~(~‾▿‾)~
Same for me to bro..I am totally out of control, can't able to concentrate. now just read few lines and again look in to thread for updates .
Padh lo, nahi to Back deni padegi.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
It seems like 180hp engine, shape is almost same. Okay i looked up a bit more and found two pics one on twitter and second on this thread itself from 2018 and more details from the youtube video of defense decode.

This is most likely 180hp engine judging from the shape, intake and those propellers color/shape. Reposting the pics below,
View attachment 115851
View attachment 115854

Post from @Steven Rogers from 2018, thankfully he got all the detailed specs too

If you watch the video of Amit, he states that that Tapas was already integrated with 'new' 180hp engine around feb last year (2020).
Any idea as to how much payload the Rustom-2 can now carry now that it has twin 180hp engines?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Some more gud news
A new guidance control unit for our hypersonic missiles has been simulated in a mach 9 flight successfully,It showed only a 0.06 mrad deviation which is very good
That means 🤩 , ship launched BM can now be used for ashm role ,also hstdv can give to a total hypersonic regime missile , good going

Chinmoy

Country flag
But as I have come to understand and I may be wrong.

In the mountainous region long range MBRL will be no good if your enemy is situated at the base of the mountain as these MBRL normally follow a ballistic trajectory. So the threat that the Chinese long range MBRL will pose a threat to properly located Indian army placements might be over exaggerated. But the MBPKS designed and developed by DRDO is meant specifically for these terrains but to achieve this its range is no more than 35+ km as it follows a very high trajectory to attack the base of the mountain

The artillery emplacements on the other hand ie there PCL 181 will pose more of a threat as with an increased angle of elevation these artillery pieces can target the base of the mountain but these long range artillery are there on our side also.

If anyone here knows anything about mountain warfare if they could please shed some light on the same
I would not say about the whole LAC, but in eastern sector especially in Twang, our MBRL holds an edge over Chinese artillery.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles