DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

not so dravidian

Country flag
You sure about Krasnopol???

Carl Gustav ammunition HEAT 551, HEDP (seen in field with IA) although not mentioned in their online catalogue, we have seen thier pics made by ofb in several expo, same for cargo ammunition for artillery (If you search ofb Twitter pics of last 3 months, you'll see a pic in which there is mention of these munitions) but never seen with IA, no photo evidence. Now IA order these ammunitions or not, atleast there is no evidence either pictorial or verbal (from someone who has seen or used themselves).

Coming to KRASNOPOL, atleast no pictoral or official verbal mention that ofb manufacture these. Also never seen a KRASNOPOL in service with IA.
It's just as u said for Carl Gustav, however I had a pic where it shows the cardboard a bit, lost it since I changed phone very recently ( from keypad to touch). But 100% that we have been using kranspol m2

It was during Kargil war we had ordered around >1500 shell. The case was despite unable to function properly in high altitude areas it was bought. And eventually we started licencing it.

I'll try to find the article

not so dravidian

Country flag
Kransopol is licensed produced ?
Why buy Excalibur then
Bhai by licencing, I believe only warhead section. Ruskies wouldn't have given TOT for sensors

1. Excalibur is is GPS and INS guided, whereas Kranspol is laser guided. It isn't compatible with fh 77 i.e, Bofors

A single Excalibur shell seems to cost >$100k and Kranspol around $35k. Me believe both are screwing us

2. From my assessment, we still haven't had a breakthrough in sensor-fused weapons (PGMs).
It's after these many years we r testing precision guided ammunition and will take a year or so for operationalising it

1634988506514.png

DRDO has initiated work on add on guidance kits for regular shells, which are cheap

So logically, the next step should be complete system like Excalibur

Last edited:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Bhai by licencing, I believe only warhead section. Ruskies wouldn't have given TOT for sensors

1. Excalibur is is GPS and INS guided, whereas Kranspol is laser guided. It isn't compatible with fh 77 i.e, Bofors

A single Excalibur shell seems to cost >$100k and Kranspol around $35k. Me believe both are screwing us

2. From my assessment, we still haven't had a breakthrough in sensor-fused weapons (PGMs).
It's after these many years we r testing precision guided ammunition and will take a year or so for operationalising it

View attachment 115895

DRDO has initiated work on add on guidance kits for regular shells, which are cheap

Atleast we can make these now .
Anyway no of Bofors is less than 200 in my opinion .
An arty regiment has 3 batteries in 1 battery it's 6 artillery guns.
So 1 regiment has 18 guns.
By march2022 all 114 dhanush were to be inducted , less than 18 have been supplied as I type this.
You can have shell but don't have artillery guns in numbers

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

View attachment 115895

Is this guiDed
Version. Of HsLd high speed low drag bomb ?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag

View attachment 115895

Yup, on page of ATAGS, drdo site, there's a mention of a long range guided munition, though currently in development or not is a question.

The problem is there is no annual report on current and upcoming drdo projects, even reports which are published are limited in scope and doesn't include everything. We enthusiasts gather info from here and there, just like MPDMS came out of blue(coz of tender) we can hope to see new exciting projects come into light in near future.

Although I do believe that production agency(mostly privately-owned) of these projects should be chosen on the basis of its ability to learn,absorb & innovate and finally be able to do R&D on it's own, be ahead in tech curve and produce export quality products.
And I hope Drdo FMBT doesn't goes to new OFB entity.:scared1:

Tuco

Country flag
It it possible to make this target drone a loitering munition? It will be a nice toy to destroy the S400 batteries in Tibet if that happens, we have Israeli Harpy and Sky striker already, having an indigenous option nice way to grow the arsenal as we need more munitions like this.

It can mimic rcs of number of jets, so use ur imagination.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
It it possible to make this target drone a loitering munition? It will be a nice toy to destroy the S400 batteries in Tibet if that happens, we have Israeli Harpy and Sky striker already, having an indigenous option nice way to grow the arsenal as we need more munitions like this.

Will need significant redesign to include front head sensor(TV/IIR), space for warhead, change of aerostructure for canister launch capability, addition of dedicated small booster for ground launch, further aerodynamic enhancements for loitering optimization, a robust datalink and a higher thrust engine due to changes all above as it's original weight in current config is just 70kg.

A multiple canister launch jammer&decoy system would be a great system to lure out enemy. Hope sense prevails and our armed forces asks for such system from DRDO.

FalconZero

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles