DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
But as I have come to understand and I may be wrong.

In the mountainous region long range MBRL will be no good if your enemy is situated at the base of the mountain as these MBRL normally follow a ballistic trajectory. So the threat that the Chinese long range MBRL will pose a threat to properly located Indian army placements might be over exaggerated. But the MBPKS designed and developed by DRDO is meant specifically for these terrains but to achieve this its range is no more than 35+ km as it follows a very high trajectory to attack the base of the mountain

The artillery emplacements on the other hand ie there PCL 181 will pose more of a threat as with an increased angle of elevation these artillery pieces can target the base of the mountain but these long range artillery are there on our side also.

If anyone here knows anything about mountain warfare if they could please shed some light on the same
MBRLs like the Pinaka and Smerch multi-barrel rocket launchers are area weapon systems for destroying/neutralising enemy troop concentration areas, communication centres air terminal complexes, gun/rocket locations and for laying mines by firing rockets with several warheads from launcher vehicles.

The max elevation is 55 degrees and thus they can be effective against targets on gradual reverse slopes and gun positions at the base of mountains with gentle slopes as well. However, they cannot be compared with howitzers which have a far higher elevation and are thus eminently suited for arty support in mountains. Being large area weapon systems, Smerch and Pinakas are better suited for destroying troop concentrations, com centres and logistics nodes in plains. Like in areas along the Tibetan plateau opposite the LAC where these have been deployed.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Model dekh dekh ke haath dukh gaya hai
Model dekh ke haath kaise dukh gya????

I think we are talking about entirely different types of "model" here
:megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta:

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Those models in defexpo are pretty sexy but each of those projects require significant investment and that is where most of the things remain stalled.

TEDBF>>AMCA>Tejas Mk2>>Midnite Haute
Ayyooooiiiii
It was a joke, joke ko itna seriously bhi mat lo covfefe ji
@Lonewolf isko joke samjhao

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Those models in defexpo are pretty sexy but each of those projects require significant investment and that is where most of the things remain stalled.

TEDBF>>AMCA>Tejas Mk2>>Midnite Haute
Ayyooooiiiii
It was a joke, joke ko itna seriously bhi mat lo covfefe ji
@Lonewolf isko joke samjhao
he was talking abt not mock up models(prototypes) he was talking abt these :scared2::scared2:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
he was talking abt not mock up models(prototypes) he was talking abt these :scared2::scared2:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Good taste .

Let's get on topic , @Okabe Rintarou I think the testing on 1:1 model is completed , so that means the position of antenna and sensor is fixed ,that also means that sensor are in final stage of development so that they know exact size of sensor including DAS and EOTS

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Good taste .

Let's get on topic , @Okabe Rintarou I think the testing on 1:1 model is completed , so that means the position of antenna and sensor is fixed ,that also means that sensor are in final stage of development so that they know exact size of sensor including DAS and EOTS
1:1 model you say???πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
What can it be used for????πŸ€”πŸ€”

I'll never look at the word "model" with the same innocence as I did before all thanks to covfefe

gslv markIII

Country flag
says "?STABILIZER? ACTUATOR AMCA " " Airbrake Servo Control Module"
Pneumatics of this calibre would be a big achievement, Eaton rules the specialized pneumatics Market all over the world.

We have already developed actuators for the LCA under project DALIA. Manufactured by WIPRO.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles