DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ShukantC

Country flag
But as I have come to understand and I may be wrong.

In the mountainous region long range MBRL will be no good if your enemy is situated at the base of the mountain as these MBRL normally follow a ballistic trajectory. So the threat that the Chinese long range MBRL will pose a threat to properly located Indian army placements might be over exaggerated. But the MBPKS designed and developed by DRDO is meant specifically for these terrains but to achieve this its range is no more than 35+ km as it follows a very high trajectory to attack the base of the mountain

The artillery emplacements on the other hand ie there PCL 181 will pose more of a threat as with an increased angle of elevation these artillery pieces can target the base of the mountain but these long range artillery are there on our side also.

If anyone here knows anything about mountain warfare if they could please shed some light on the same

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

In the mountainous region long range MBRL will be no good if your enemy is situated at the base of the mountain as these MBRL normally follow a ballistic trajectory. So the threat that the Chinese long range MBRL will pose a threat to properly located Indian army placements might be over exaggerated. But the MBPKS designed and developed by DRDO is meant specifically for these terrains but to achieve this its range is no more than 35+ km as it follows a very high trajectory to attack the base of the mountain

The artillery emplacements on the other hand ie there PCL 181 will pose more of a threat as with an increased angle of elevation these artillery pieces can target the base of the mountain but these long range artillery are there on our side also.

If anyone here knows anything about mountain warfare if they could please shed some light on the same
unlike Kargil, hopefully there will not be a self imposed restrictions when dealing with PLA. it won’t be arty vs arty, mortar vs mortar duels.

If PLA is using long range arty, probably air assets will be used against them.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag

Exactly. Its called reverse slope defence. The ridge-line provides defilade or at least concealment. In some places that defilade even works against higher angle of elevation weapons like howitzers.

Just me or the tedbf wings look a bit different?...top new bottom old
@Bleh @Kuntal

View attachment 115661

View attachment 115662
Seems the same to me.

Karthi

Country flag
unlike Kargil, hopefully there will not be a self imposed restrictions when dealing with PLA. it won’t be arty vs arty, mortar vs mortar duels.

If PLA is using long range arty, probably air assets will be used against them.

That's the only option we have , Chinese Artilery is strong , they are in relatively plane terrain , and they also Deployed there arty in high terrain also , there projectiles can do a 90 Degree vertical dive , they can loft the projectile in much more steep angles but with reduced range and that is enough for India. 200Km projectile can launch in steep ballistic trajectory and later manuver through the air and finally do a vertical strike , and we even don't have CRAM. Don't know our planner's counting on the terrain or what . Most likely they opt for airpower to neutralize those Artys , . Our artillery systems are limited capabilites in that terrain .

THESIS THORON

Country flag
That's the only option we have , Chinese Artilery is strong , they are in relatively plane terrain , and they also Deployed there arty in high terrain also , there projectiles can do a 90 Degree vertical dive , they can loft the projectile in much more steep angles but with reduced range and that is enough for India. 200Km projectile can launch in steep ballistic trajectory and later manuver through the air and finally do a vertical strike , and we even don't have CRAM. Don't know our planner's counting on the terrain or what . Most likely they opt for airpower to neutralize those Artys , . Our artillery systems are limited capabilites in that terrain .
aren't we making 200km rockets ??

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes, this is an area of concern for IA, doesn't look like on their own they have artillery strike capability beyond 50km at the moment.

willing to be corrected here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles