DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Its kind of embarrassing to post ones own tweets :sad:

It looks like the members here are boycotting my tweets :tongue2:

Well dont know what to say other than sharmao mat

Would prefer posting here but thing is life is convoluted and a mess since some time , once its sorted will be here as i was previously

Abdus Salem killed

Its kind of embarrassing to post ones own tweets

It looks like the members here are boycotting my tweets lol

Well dont know what to say other than sharmao mat

Would prefer posting here but thing is life is convoluted and a mess since some time , once its sorted will be here as i was previously
Fk no buddy I read most of your tweets just never comment on them bcs its just info next time I will like them to show appreciation

Vamsi

Country flag
No idea , first to develop a ground based dew

One needs to crawl before one can walk forget running
Correct me if I'm wrong ,but Isn't difficult to achieve soft kill using ground based DEW ,let say a satellite orbiting in a 300KM orbit, then the minimum distance between the satellite and ground based DEW will be 300KM and since it's not a small distance ,the DEW will require a lot of energy. If we use a Satellite based DEW, then our killer sat can go as near as possible and attack the enemy sat. In this method it DEW uses less energy when compared to ground based. This is just a thought, correct me if I'm wrong

flanker99

Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong ,but Isn't difficult to achieve soft kill using ground based DEW ,let say a satellite orbiting in a 300KM orbit, then the minimum distance between the satellite and ground based DEW will be 300KM and since it's not a small distance ,the DEW will require a lot of energy. If we use a Satellite based DEW, then our killer sat can go as near as possible and attack the enemy sat. In this method it DEW uses less energy when compared to ground based. This is just a thought, correct me if I'm wrong
What he means that we are still taking baby on any kind of DeW not just ASAT.
Soft kill can be achieved through other ground based means i am not sure if we have those.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Both ground based dew and space based dew both have their own set of problems to cater to

End of the day it depends on the capabilities of the developer , if they can they can develop both or the one which suits them , it will be done

IMO ground based dew will be easier , if we talking of laser or hpm AFAIK there is something called phase locking were multiple sources can be made to phase together for a amplified effect at greater ranges

IMO your observations regarding sat based dew is also feasible as long as the developer is upto the task

Vamsi

Country flag
Both ground based dew and space based dew both have their own set of problems to cater to

End of the day it depends on the capabilities of the developer , if they can they can develop both or the one which suits them , it will be done

IMO ground based dew will be easier , if we talking of laser or hpm AFAIK there is something called phase locking were multiple sources can be made to phase together for a amplified effect at greater ranges

IMO your observations regarding sat based dew is also feasible as long as the developer is upto the task
Can a 200Kg class small satellite provide the same 25cm resolution of 1600kg Cartosat-3, If not can it atleast provide 1m resolution?

The Shrike

Country flag
I know iam saying it wrong & with lives of 20 bravehearts lost...

I think the Chinese agression is the best thing which has happened to the plagued & moribunded Indian Defence & MOD..

it made us running straight out of deep slumber..

Now with a marauding china with all it's glory is breathing right against our neck.. we don't have any other options left than to prepare for a long haul..

Years of apathy and cumbersome bureaucratic potholes plaguing our defense preparedness have finally being taken care of at a rapid pace.

Still their's a lot to be done and achieved.. but finally im seeing a light to end of this tunnel.
I have the opposite view, the defence budget was more or less flat this year, and definitely nowhere close to what was really required (IIRC the MoD was allocated something like 50k Cr (or was it 70k?) LESS that what it had asked for. IMO they are still under the impression that a full scale war simply cannot happen with China or Pakistan in this day or age.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I have the opposite view, the defence budget was more or less flat this year, and definitely nowhere close to what was really required (IIRC the MoD was allocated something like 50k Cr (or was it 70k?) LESS that what it had asked for. IMO they are still under the impression that a full scale war simply cannot happen with China or Pakistan in this day or age.
This FY defence budget saw a big increase in Capital Expenditure allocation, CAPEX grew by almost 19%

jik60

Country flag
How it started

How it unfolded

How it ended

Defense satellite launch vehicles, if converted are actually super ICBMs with excess of at the least 12k km of range and 10 mirvs, such as the Titan 2 from 🇺🇸 and Ss18 satan from 🇷🇺.

Are we looking forward to enhance our deterrent capability into that category in the coming decades??

The Shrike

Country flag
This FY defence budget saw a big increase in Capital Expenditure allocation, CAPEX grew by almost 19%
The 19% increase is compared to the initial budget estimate, but we ended up spending much more than allocated (you can credit the LAC situation), so the real increase is negligible. Nevertheless this year's allocation is still much less than what the forces had actually requested.
This link has some good numbers: https://prsindia.org/budgets/parliament/demand-for-grants-2021-22-analysis-defence

Global Defence

New threads

Articles