DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

flanker99

Country flag
Strategic Air defence shifor New Delhi and Mumbai
Its nothing we cant make ourselves...land based vlsrsam fits the bill perfectly besides remember iaf not keen on the system as indigenous options cheaper and easier to get.
If the deal goes through it will be political we need more apache,c130,p8,chinooks etc but def not another ad
See

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
If NASAM is about paying hafta to the US then why not buy something we really need - like air refuelers or Chinooks or a hundred other things? $3B Reaper drone is one more unwanted deal that refuses to die.
We won't buy them, I think we won't.
We are buying s 400 already, just buy stingers and be over with it.

Covfefe

Country flag

Chinmoy

Country flag
Do the other tanks have plough on each of their units or only on a few of them in each regiment? Arjun Mk1A is invariably displayed with a plough, hence the question.
As per popular belief, the mine plough on Arjun is detachable. Its only shown with the mine plough as it has never came out of prototype stage.
On other hand, if you would compare Arjun and T-90, Arjun's armour has been built more heavily then T-90. Now in a battle field scenario, Arjun would take the first hit and would be expected to survive for others to take on the enemy. So the tank leading the front would work as a path clearance for others too.

Now its my personal take, but bottom of the thing is that the plough is detachable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles