DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

sorcerer

Country flag
'333 private companies are into defence production in India'
Sentinel Digital Desk

4-5 minutes

A total 333 private companies have been issued 539 industrial licences for defence production in India and out of these, 110 companies have started production.

NEW DELHI: A total 333 private companies have been issued 539 industrial licences for defence production in India and out of these, 110 companies have started production.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Every platform has a secondary tracking radar.

As of now its LR-MFR all the way from DRDO stable.
I think that one on ship 30 is already integrated ,but it's kind of hard to observe with Google earth , as either it is quite a bit flat unlike mf star or it's covered , most likely option one

Chinmoy

Country flag
You are doing selective reading, don't blast here, separately towing is happening then why you wrote 23+18 T in your previous post? It denotes the picture that I put.

Sometimes, you have problem with TOWING CAPACITY then sometimes with weight capacity.

You yourself wrote 400 guns order of ATHOS might be given, I just wrote MUST NOT to be given.
Brilliant. You mean to say that when you are towing a system, the overall weight of the system (Tractor+Gun) doesn't add up? Where from you have acquired such brilliancy?

And for record, could you point out where I mentioned that ATHOS order might be or should be given? Infact in this very forum I've debunked this theory proposed by Shuklaji. All others have gobbled up his theory otherwise.

Where is the certificate of ATHOS reliability? Army dalal guys.
Elbit system would give it in case we go for those.

Arjun saga fiasco I don't need knowledge from you though, I read it here only from people at that time, just said it to everyone.

Let's not go to practical knowledge field,
Please let's leave at it here.

And I am still asking for scania bharat stage rating.
Yeah, lets not go into practical knowledge field as you have non. As for Scania, I already provided you the link the very first time. Read it.

BTW, I am using Brilliant as an ANTONYM here.

sorcerer

Country flag
Anti-Drone System

Posted On: 28 JUL 2021 5:07PM by PIB Delhi

DRDO has developed anti-drone system to neutralize enemy drone attack. The Indigenous Drone Technology is capable of counter attacks including detection, Soft Kill (for jamming the communication links of Drone) and Hard Kill (Laser based hard kill to destroy the Drone) of enemy Drones. The System is already demonstrated to Armed Services and other internal security agencies.

The indigenous DRDO Counter-Drone Technology is transferred to M/s BEL.Simultaneously Transfer of Technology (ToT) of the Counter-Drone System is offered to other companies.

This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to ShrimatiKeshari Devi Patel and Shri KanakmalKatarain Lok Sabha today.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Brilliant, so larger all around and MK.2 will also have a nose mounted radar to address the blind spot issue to a large degree

The Mk.1 already had favourable performance, MK.2 is going to be very capable, a shame that once again they are limiting units to single digits.
I think this is for quick ramping up in capability ,cause the awacs project is up too , that's why we saw aaau so fast

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Brilliant, so larger all around and MK.2 will also have a nose mounted radar to address the blind spot issue to a large degree

The Mk.1 already had favourable performance, MK.2 is going to be very capable, a shame that once again they are limiting units to single digits.
Once they're done with the 6 A320 family aircrafts from Air India and are satisfied with it, they could see if they can source additional used aircraft of the same type as airlines across the world are dumping their older aircraft especially after the pandemic and we could get it for a cheaper price too and already have the experience of integrating those systems into these aircrafts.
In fact if they are taking Airbus's help in certifying the aircraft(which they might need help of the OEM in integration too of new mods as they did Embraer's for the NETRA MK1s), they can source the used airframes from Airbus themselves as they own large fleets of used aircraft purchased from airlines that have bought newer aircraft models as a trade in.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Once they're done with the 6 A320 family aircrafts from Air India and are satisfied with it, they could see if they can source additional used aircraft of the same type as airlines across the world are dumping their older aircraft especially after the pandemic and we could get it for a cheaper price too and already have the experience of integrating those systems into these aircrafts.
In fact if they are taking Airbus's help in certifying the aircraft(which they might need help of the OEM in integration too of new mods as they did Embraer's for the NETRA MK1s), they can source the used airframes from Airbus themselves as they own large fleets of used aircraft purchased from airlines that have bought newer aircraft models as a trade in.
Don't you think chances of further order are slim as it has blind spot and if that too is solved ,these Jets Don't have range of a awacs , so iaf want something with greater range

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Don't you think chances of further order are slim as it has blind spot and if that too is solved ,these Jets Don't have range of a awacs , so iaf want something with greater range
Range should be a little more than the NETRA MK1, but the Embraers A2A refuelling should even things out unless they include A2A refuelling in the MK2 which is unlikely, it will still be better than the Pakis Saab 2000 based Erieye and Shaanxi Y8 based ZDK 03 which both lacks A2A refuelling
Max Range of a320=~6000km
Max Range of Saab 2000=~2900km
max Range of Shaanxi Y-8 =~5600km
Max Range of Emb 145=~3700km without A2A refuelling
Do take these values with a pinch of salt as these ranges are true in the best case scenarios and AWACS equipment will obviously have range penalties. But obviously the range will still be in the neighbourhood of 2.5-3x of the Saab Erieye Pak operates.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
I hope this project wakes DRDO up and they start using second hand airframes for multiple projects they have ongoing.

no reason they couldn’t buy up some second hand A330s and create their own MRTT

After AWACS tankers are something the Indian armed forces are grotesquely short of and the problem is only growing- every fighter in the IAF by the end of this decade will be AAR capable, a decade ago only the MKIs, mirages and a few Jags could do that. In addition to that they’ve inducted 3 Phalcons, 2 Netras and 11 C-130J-30s that are AAR capable.

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Brilliant. You mean to say that when you are towing a system, the overall weight of the system (Tractor+Gun) doesn't add up? Where from you have acquired such brilliancy?

And for record, could you point out where I mentioned that ATHOS order might be or should be given? Infact in this very forum I've debunked this theory proposed by Shuklaji. All others have gobbled up his theory otherwise.

Elbit system would give it in case we go for those.

Yeah, lets not go into practical knowledge field as you have non. As for Scania, I already provided you the link the very first time. Read it.

BTW, I am using Brilliant as an ANTONYM here.
You are a guy who has gone into personal attack.

Let's not go personal with knowledge level.

Before you gave That scania file I have seen it already, no mention of Bharat stage rating or any fuel consumption rating at all.

Instead of writing SHITS and wasting your time on personal attack, please write BHARAT STAGE RATING OF scania truck because it will cost you only three words and my also less time.

And here is mine reference to stallion truck Neptune engine rating.

It's BHP forum.

Yours SWEDISH TRUCK RATING will come when India vyomanauts will land on Mars.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I hope this project wakes DRDO up and they start using second hand airframes for multiple projects they have ongoing.

no reason they couldn’t buy up some second hand A330s and create their own MRTT

After AWACS tankers are something the Indian armed forces are grotesquely short of and the problem is only growing- every fighter in the IAF by the end of this decade will be AAR capable, a decade ago only the MKIs, mirages and a few Jags could do that. In addition to that they’ve inducted 3 Phalcons, 2 Netras and 11 C-130J-30s that are AAR capable.
I don’t think Airbus will cooperate in integrating or certifying any indigenous mods for A2A MRTT aircraft especially when they have their own product. The only reason they may help with the NETRA MK2 or the a330 based AWACS is that they don’t have their own competing product in this segment.
Boeing did something like this when Israeli Aerospace Industries(IAI) started a 767 conversion program to make them tankers but Boeing refused to certify or provide any help as they had their own KC 46 Pegasus based on the 767 and only Colombia and Brazil took the IAI offer despite great interest from others.

Only solution I see is either take the French offer of the next Rafale batch with the tankers included and order few more tankers or the airframes required for the DRDO AWACS in place of the AS 565 Panthers they are offering .
Or develop our own Cargo aircraft for replacing the IL 76 flee and add whatever the fuck we want to it, in conjunction with Embraer or Antonov like the Chinese.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don’t think Airbus will cooperate in integrating or certifying any indigenous mods for A2A MRTT aircraft especially when they have their own product. The only reason they may help with the NETRA MK2 or the a330 based AWACS is that they don’t have their own competing product in this segment.
Boeing did something like this when Israeli Aerospace Industries(IAI) started a 767 conversion program to make them tankers but Boeing refused to certify or provide any help as they had their own KC 46 Pegasus based on the 767 and only Colombia and Brazil took the IAI offer despite great interest from others.

Only solution I see is either take the French offer of the next Rafale batch with the tankers included and order few more tankers or the airframes required for the DRDO AWACS in place of the AS 565 Panthers they are offering .
Or develop our own Cargo aircraft for replacing the IL 76 flee and add whatever the fuck we want to it, in conjunction with Embraer or Antonov like the Chinese.
Great points, the OEM MRTT doubt was in the back of mind too but if IAF/DRDO is really going all in on Airbus it makes sense to follow through with the 330 for tankers

They’ll be procuring A330 airframes anyway for AWACS(I), ordering a few additional ones to convert for the AAR just makes sense even if it’s only for India’s needs- yes this will be opposed by the OEM considering they are pitching their own MRTT for the same role.

beyond that I wonder how long before DRDO starts picking up some second hand 320/319s to convert for VIP roles to replace/supplement the EMB-145s of the communication squadron? Seems only logical

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
41 domestic defence vendor proposals worth Rs 86,623 crore approved since May 2020: Govt

Forty-one proposals of domestic defence vendors worth Rs 86,623 crore have been approved by the central government since May last year for capital procurement, Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt said on Wednesday.

He was responding to a question on the procurement started in the defence sector under the Atmanirbhar Bharat scheme of the Centre.

"Total 41 AoN (Acceptance of Necessity) worth Rs 86,623.55 crore have been accorded to domestic vendors for capital acquisition since May 2020, Bhatt said.

"For the year 2021-22, the allocation of domestic procurement has been enhanced compared to the previous year, and this year, it is about 64.09 per cent of the allocated amount for military modernisation (Rs 71,438.36 crore), he said.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles