DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
I simply can't understand how you came up with 18 + 23 T figure.

I hope you are not thinking of arrangement like this though.

View attachment 101267

Also, the image is of almora, uttarakhand.

JCB is there, you can see model number and do the thing.
Now you see, this happens when you have zero practical knowledge, but want to debate anyhow. T in ATAGS denotes Towed. So when you attach a 18Ton gun behind a 23Ton FAT, the overall gross weight of both FAT and Gun would be applied separately on road.
But on the pic you have attached, its the gross weight of the carrier vehicle alone which matters.

Now you go to any weigh bridge and ask the operators how much they would charge for the net weight of this 10 wheeler and how much they would charge for the gross weight along with the JCB and also ask how much difference would be there in cost between operating a normal 6 wheeler and a 10 wheeler and for why there is a change in cost factor between both.

Mind you, if you are so much hell bent on PARTS AVAILABILITY then I think upgraded SARANG and OFB DHANUSH gun come much before THAN Athos.
And order of both the guns have been placed.

Also, I want to ask you, why India should give even 400 guns orders to Israel?

Itna bhi dosti mat dikhao bhai.

Who said that order for ATHOS should be given? Did IA said so?

It's not that ATAGS has not ELECTRIC system, the bottomline is the the gun has PASSED THE TRIALS and army should now induct it.
Where is the certification for electric drive subcomponents?
Did TATA/ BF or DRDO for that submitted the required vendor certification for the electric drive systems? You have problem with IA opting for hydraulic system which has well established vendor chain, but ok with a totally new system for which a new set of certification has to be done and where the induction would get dragged.

I give you one more solution on range increase.

Let's big chamber remain there I am of full belief that the range even without ramjet shells of this gun will be much higher than others, their at the high mountains.
It is already higher then others and mind you, IA has not asked to change the chamber capacity. Changing the chamber capacity would have been detrimental for the whole program as it would mean changing the whole design and a repeat trial all over.

Let's move on with again question of SCANIA TRUCK bharat stage rating, mind you I still don't get the answer.

And to other guys here, this is the same repeat of ARJUN saga, hope you guys where there with dreamy eyes of ARJUN mk-2 during 2011 and 12 years and then saw what happened to that beautiful main battle tank of ours.

It has now become butt of jokes in the international defense arena.
I should have read this part first. It just proved that you are a selective reader.
I could point out flaws in your Arjun saga too, but leave it, selective reading like yours is not going to help it.

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Now you see, this happens when you have zero practical knowledge, but want to debate anyhow. T in ATAGS denotes Towed. So when you attach a 18Ton gun behind a 23Ton FAT, the overall gross weight of both FAT and Gun would be applied separately on road.
But on the pic you have attached, its the gross weight of the carrier vehicle alone which matters.

Now you go to any weigh bridge and ask the operators how much they would charge for the net weight of this 10 wheeler and how much they would charge for the gross weight along with the JCB and also ask how much difference would be there in cost between operating a normal 6 wheeler and a 10 wheeler and for why there is a change in cost factor between both.

And order of both the guns have been placed.

Who said that order for ATHOS should be given? Did IA said so?

Where is the certification for electric drive subcomponents?
Did TATA/ BF or DRDO for that submitted the required vendor certification for the electric drive systems? You have problem with IA opting for hydraulic system which has well established vendor chain, but ok with a totally new system for which a new set of certification has to be done and where the induction would get dragged.

It is already higher then others and mind you, IA has not asked to change the chamber capacity. Changing the chamber capacity would have been detrimental for the whole program as it would mean changing the whole design and a repeat trial all over.

I should have read this part first. It just proved that you are a selective reader.
I could point out flaws in your Arjun saga too, but leave it, selective reading like yours is not going to help it.
You are doing selective reading, don't blast here, separately towing is happening then why you wrote 23+18 T in your previous post? It denotes the picture that I put.

Sometimes, you have problem with TOWING CAPACITY then sometimes with weight capacity.

You yourself wrote 400 guns order of ATHOS might be given, I just wrote MUST NOT to be given.

Where is the certificate of ATHOS reliability? Army dalal guys.

Arjun saga fiasco I don't need knowledge from you though, I read it here only from people at that time, just said it to everyone.

Let's not go to practical knowledge field,
Please let's leave at it here.

And I am still asking for scania bharat stage rating.

Karthi

Country flag
MKI for derby.jpg

MKI on workshop probably for Deby integration.

Tejas MK2 at 1.2m wind tunnel .jpg

Model of MWF at 1.2m wind tunnel facility

Test vehicle inter tank structure with EB.jpg

Acoustic Test Facility completed the qualification process of the Core Base Shroud of the Small Satellite Launch Vehicle which is one of the crucial subsystems of the highly modular small satellite launcher

System Integration Facility (SIF) for saras.jpg

System integration facility for Saras

Virtual reality system for SARAS mk2.jpg

Virtual reality system for SARAS mk-2.jpg

Virtual reality system for SARAS mk-2-.jpg

Virtual reality system for saras MK2

////////////////////////////////////////
High Fidelity Real Time Simulator and the Avionics Integration Test Rig for Saras & Hansa.

Engine test bed for Saras Mk2 power plant ground test activities, and Virtual Reality cabin environment system for Saras Mk2 are being set up

High Cycle Fatigue (HCF) data was generated for the indigenously developed Titanium alloy Beta21S (Titan 44A) material which intended to be used in AMCA airframe structural applications in high temperature zones.

Ground Vibration Testing (GVT) and GVT Based Flutter Analysis of Su-30 Mk-I Aircraft for Derby Integration was addressed and clearance was provided for captive trials as part of the DOS-30 (Derby on Su 30) programme. A total of 20 configurations were considered for clearance. Global elastic modes of the aircraft, store modes and control surface modes were analyzed and tabulated.

Acoustic Test Facility has completed acoustic qualification of Test Vehicle Equipment Bay (EB) for testing certain critical components of the Gaganyaan Crew Escape system.

sorcerer

Country flag
American AH-64 Apache combat helicopter gets made in India Fuselage

This fuselage is going to travel from India to Boeing Company’s AH-64 Apache manufacturing facility in Mesa, Arizona, where it will be integrated into the final assembly line.

From its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Hyderabad, Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL) on Friday announced the delivery of the 100th fuselage for the AH-64 Apache combat helicopter to Boeing. This has been accomplished within three years of the Telangana based facility being operational and has placed it as part of the global supply chain for Apache helicopters.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
BC design banaye DRDO, paint scheme decide kare DRDO, investment kare DRDO... Aur DM me for Doodle se paise banaye ye mahashay... Wah wah
I think they mean if you want a doodle they’ll make one for you, take your frustrations somewhere else man.
PS making these ain’t so easy even when you have pics for inspiration

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
BC design banaye DRDO, paint scheme decide kare DRDO, investment kare DRDO... Aur DM me for Doodle se paise banaye ye mahashay... Wah wah
that’s how world works mate.. if you have the skill, you can do it too and earn money.

infact there is shortage of his skillset at the moment in india. Not enough defence art.

till now I haven’t seen Indian soldiers depicted digitally proper. as a result desi defence you tubers still use American soldier in their graphics. Pretty shameful actually.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Screenshot_20210723-205216~2.png

The Su57 Cockpit, if you look closely it is not a single LAD Display, but rather appears to be segmented into three displays, They didn't go for the curved type display like the F-35 either

TBH, the overall quality and aesthetics of the cockpit looks shoddy at best, even the Mock up MWF cockpit looks way better than the Su57 5th gen cockpit
LCA_Tejas_Twin_Engine_Fighter_Cockpit.jpg

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
View attachment 101502
The Su57 Cockpit, if you look closely it is not a single LAD Display, but rather appears to be segmented into three displays, They didn't go for the curved type display like the F-35 either

TBH, the overall quality and aesthetics of the cockpit looks shoddy at best, even the Mock up MWF cockpit looks way better than the Su57 5th gen cockpit
View attachment 101504
Correction ,f35 cockpit is not curved much , might be very slightly but looks flat , and russian keep a analog set for fail safe , yeah their mfds don't look god but it's actually fine .

Single display is definitely better as it helps in viewing multiple info and having a option to slide object to other part of screen

Global Defence

New threads

Articles