DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

warriorextreme

Country flag
All of these filthy people are sanghi and Mudi supporters, we are liberals and we want to be at the mercy of leftists in America who show us our aukat by stopping exports of vaccine raw materials when we needed them the most.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Dude, if IA say atags failed, do you think it will go down with this government which paraded both versions in republic day under the banner of defense self-sufficiency.

I am of full believe that ARMY IS NOT GOING TO INDUCT ATAGS these guys SINCE time memorial have not known HOW A PROFESSIONAL SUPERPOWER or a STRONG SELF-SUFFICIENT nation army works, so let's leave it there.
YES. GoI paraded ATAGS in republic day parade which means they are hell bent on shoving the gun down the throat of IA.
As far as your thought process goes, I believe no amount of logical debate could change it. But for those bold statements of yours, I would have agreed on if IA would have asked for all electrical drive instead of hydraulics one. But they are just asking about a system which is already available in country and infact all the parties in design phase is well aware of and infact built it.

Regarding 18 ton behemoth on mountain roads, better buy then SARANG and OFB gun, why so much hell bent on ATHOS inclusion? What is extra in it that I don't understand.

The roads that India is building to the ladakh areas are fully capable of handling 20 Tons at least, otherwise 20 ton JCB will not be there in the mountains removing dirt.

Now please don't say JCBs are not used in Himalayas.
SARANG is a 130 mm gun which has been upgunned to 155mm and it is already there in around 700 numbers. IA is not saying that we should induct ATHOS immediately, its just some journalist who are peddling it. Moreover number of guns required in the category is around 1500 and ATHOS order has been cut down to 400 guns. It leaves 900 more guns to be procured.

Now coming to second part, what should I say? You have just proved me correct where I said that you are not even considering the additional costs. Leave alone costs, you are not even considering bare facts here.

Its not 18 ton gun alone which would move on road. It would be towed by a tractor. The recent RFI is based on TATA LPT 2038 which in itself is 23 ton vehicle. So even if don't undergo any changes for FAT purpose, the total weight of the whole system would be 18+23T. So the logic of JCB ki khudayi doesn't hold any ground here.

A system is first inducted then it is updated and can be changed.
Yes. You upgrade the system, don't degrade it. Electrical drive is an upgrade over hydraulics.

My simple question is this instead of wasting time on decreasing weight of an already CAPABLE GUN better the ARMY INVEST TIME on Future projectiles.
Because it is them which land on the enemy head.
Exactly. IA should invest in shells along with DRDO. Increasing Cylindric capacity for range extension is not going to help in long run. LRAP program is running from late 90s and Excalibur is a result of that. The latest being the RAMJET shell. But people here have problem with us investing in RAMJET shells too.
Bottom line is, IA don't have a dedicated research fund. So DRDO has to do it and they are doing it. But that shell would go into testing phase by 2022 or 23 only.

The ATAGS in it's present form is sufficient enough for mountains and for towing.
Were you a part of the testing team?

And, I want to ask you question, what is the Scania fat BHARAT STAGE rating? although I can say about stallion 6x6 bharat stage rating.
Towing capacity of SBAT11SA is 12T off road which is good only for FH-77B.

http://www.scaniasba111.se/sbat111.html

Chinmoy

Country flag
No Soft ejection launch still?
=========
In a major boost to Atmanirbhar Bharat & strengthening Indian Army, Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested indigenously developed low weight, fire & forget Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) today: DRDO

The missile was launched from a man-portable launcher integrated with thermal site & the target was mimicking a tank. The missile hit the target in direct attack mode & destroyed it with precision. The test has validated the minimum range successfully: DRDO

All the mission objectives were met. The missile (Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile) has already been successfully flight-tested for the maximum range. The missile is incorporated with state-of-the-art Miniaturized Infrared Imaging Seeker along with advanced avionics: DRDO

View attachment 101052

Actually it was a cold launch where missile ignition happened post launch.

Chinmoy

Country flag
bro 3rd and 4th gen are almost same, with only range and little seeker improvement.

but it seems 5th gen have significant weight improvement, seeker and penetration along with range
this is french MMP, 5th gen which was offered to us

View attachment 101105

View attachment 101104
1st Generation------------ Wire guided
2nd Generation----------- SACLOS
3rd Generation------------ Fire and forget
4th Generation------------ Fire and forget with man in middle option
5th Generation------------ More of a marketing gimmick as of now.

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
YES. GoI paraded ATAGS in republic day parade which means they are hell bent on shoving the gun down the throat of IA.
As far as your thought process goes, I believe no amount of logical debate could change it. But for those bold statements of yours, I would have agreed on if IA would have asked for all electrical drive instead of hydraulics one. But they are just asking about a system which is already available in country and infact all the parties in design phase is well aware of and infact built it.

SARANG is a 130 mm gun which has been upgunned to 155mm and it is already there in around 700 numbers. IA is not saying that we should induct ATHOS immediately, its just some journalist who are peddling it. Moreover number of guns required in the category is around 1500 and ATHOS order has been cut down to 400 guns. It leaves 900 more guns to be procured.

Now coming to second part, what should I say? You have just proved me correct where I said that you are not even considering the additional costs. Leave alone costs, you are not even considering bare facts here.

Its not 18 ton gun alone which would move on road. It would be towed by a tractor. The recent RFI is based on TATA LPT 2038 which in itself is 23 ton vehicle. So even if don't undergo any changes for FAT purpose, the total weight of the whole system would be 18+23T. So the logic of JCB ki khudayi doesn't hold any ground here.

Yes. You upgrade the system, don't degrade it. Electrical drive is an upgrade over hydraulics.

Exactly. IA should invest in shells along with DRDO. Increasing Cylindric capacity for range extension is not going to help in long run. LRAP program is running from late 90s and Excalibur is a result of that. The latest being the RAMJET shell. But people here have problem with us investing in RAMJET shells too.
Bottom line is, IA don't have a dedicated research fund. So DRDO has to do it and they are doing it. But that shell would go into testing phase by 2022 or 23 only.

Were you a part of the testing team?

Towing capacity of SBAT11SA is 12T off road which is good only for FH-77B.

http://www.scaniasba111.se/sbat111.html
I simply can't understand how you came up with 18 + 23 T figure.

I hope you are not thinking of arrangement like this though.

truck-carrying-loaded-with-jcb-crane-ranikhet-almora-uttarakhand-india-DH4DKT.jpg

Also, the image is of almora, uttarakhand.

JCB is there, you can see model number and do the thing.

Mind you, if you are so much hell bent on PARTS AVAILABILITY then I think upgraded SARANG and OFB DHANUSH gun come much before THAN Athos.

Also, I want to ask you, why India should give even 400 guns orders to Israel?

Itna bhi dosti mat dikhao bhai.

It's not that ATAGS has not ELECTRIC system, the bottomline is the the gun has PASSED THE TRIALS and army should now induct it.

I give you one more solution on range increase.

Let's big chamber remain there I am of full belief that the range even without ramjet shells of this gun will be much higher than others, their at the high mountains.

And "had I been part of testing system?" I don't know what to say about this.

Let's move on with again question of SCANIA TRUCK bharat stage rating, mind you I still don't get the answer.

And to other guys here, this is the same repeat of ARJUN saga, hope you guys where there with dreamy eyes of ARJUN mk-2 during 2011 and 12 years and then saw what happened to that beautiful main battle tank of ours.

It has now become butt of jokes in the international defense arena.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
All these new pics are it on this way from New Delhi (air India’s main base and also where I assume the paint job and stripping out occurred) to BLR, specifically CABS.

It will be at CABS where the real work begins, looking forward to a few months to see what this bird looks like after they have done their thing.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Most people still think Anusandhan is going to be used an AWACS…but it’s not, it’s going to be a flying test bed for future avionics and sensors by DRDO.
Courtesy: @abingdonboy
Entirely separate efforts that many are conflating but I can understand why given clearance for NETRA MK.2 is still fresh in the minds and the demand for a FTB from DRDO was long since forgotten.

there will of course be a lot of benefits for NETRA MK.2 that come from having this test bed though.

let’s hope they get those 320/321from air India ASAP for the NETRA role.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I simply can't understand how you came up with 18 + 23 T figure.

I hope you are not thinking of arrangement like this though.

View attachment 101267

Also, the image is of almora, uttarakhand.

JCB is there, you can see model number and do the thing.

Mind you, if you are so much hell bent on PARTS AVAILABILITY then I think upgraded SARANG and OFB DHANUSH gun come much before THAN Athos.

Also, I want to ask you, why India should give even 400 guns orders to Israel?

Itna bhi dosti mat dikhao bhai.

It's not that ATAGS has not ELECTRIC system, the bottomline is the the gun has PASSED THE TRIALS and army should now induct it.

I give you one more solution on range increase.

Let's big chamber remain there I am of full belief that the range even without ramjet shells of this gun will be much higher than others, their at the high mountains.

And "had I been part of testing system?" I don't know what to say about this.

Let's move on with again question of SCANIA TRUCK bharat stage rating, mind you I still don't get the answer.

And to other guys here, this is the same repeat of ARJUN saga, hope you guys where there with dreamy eyes of ARJUN mk-2 during 2011 and 12 years and then saw what happened to that beautiful main battle tank of ours.

It has now become butt of jokes in the international defense arena.
Army wants it's commission , why should drdo bother to do anything better when army will reject it anyway.
Unless shoved down their throat.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Entirely separate efforts that many are conflating but I can understand why given clearance for NETRA MK.2 is still fresh in the minds and the demand for a FTB from DRDO was long since forgotten.

there will of course be a lot of benefits for NETRA MK.2 that come from having this test bed though.

let’s hope they get those 320/321from air India ASAP for the NETRA role.
I’m just happy some sense has prevailed as they have used an older Air India airframe for this purpose , instead of importing a new one and modifying or importing an old one and modifying

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is A-319, not A-321.

This was proposed back in 2013 by DRDO. It is for testing RADAR and on board sensors. The A-320/321 deal is for AWACS.
What radar will be tested on this A-319 ?
Also, can anyone make out any structural modifications yet to the aircraft..?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles