DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
@12arya @Marliii @SUPERPOWER @Hariharan_kalarikkal any one else left?
Dude we have so manu Mallus here, while we in North feel Kerala is a communist republic, then I realise we have Commies in the North and Sanatanis in the South, we need a location swap to cleanse India from commies. Any Kashmiri here by the way? By Kashmiri I mean Kashmiri, not a ₹2 convert muzzie ola hu uber.
i am also mallu,why do you guys always forget:scared2::scared2::scared2:😰

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
I was referring to supplying small arms enhancements to a regime that is currently killing its people with small arms. I find killing your people because they oppose military dictatorship as unacceptable.
i find wokeness to be a bigger problem.democracy is overated.democracy often leads to normal people pushed aside by crazies and only thier needs being met by activists and politicians.i want a system where the majorities culture and tribe are respected and promoted and any infiltration and subversion is crushed.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
i find wokeness to be a bigger problem.democracy is overated.democracy often leads to normal people pushed aside by crazies and only thier needs being met by activists and politicians.i want a system where the majorities culture and tribe are respected and promoted and any infiltration and subversion is crushed.
Inappropriate thread

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Will the Uttam AESA on Tejas MK1A be able to perform Electronic Warfare like the one on F-35 is capable of?
I don’t know, many factors like T/R Modules, Engine power supply etc count, dunno if the Uttam AESA radar is a shared aperture radar or not, @porky_kicker @Karthi any info?

Chinmoy

Country flag
engineers design based on army requirements. army doesn't even know what it exactly wants. just with HAL marut and MBT 80 or MBT chetek or MBT arjun etc (5 times design changes because it doesn't know what it wants). it will just see what americans and russians are procuring and will do the same. name one destruction weapon system that it uses uniquely. just one.
Only thing which worked in favor of Arjun is that IA has not laid its particulars and specs before it went to drawing board. Else even the current 200 numbers would not have got clearance.
Look at the brilliance of our engineers on other side. IA was operating a 35 ton Vijayanta at that time. But during design phase they have thrown the basic logic of transportation and logistics out of window and designed a 25 ton heavier tank.

I am at peace, but your sheer stupidity is not allowing to be at peace. So deal with it.

i already know about it. it will take another 20 yrs to be in practice and army baaboos will kill it and buy rusky maal.
Yeah and the good old Gen is a fool to say about one thing and develop another.

you don't need 150km range artillery guns to do such tasks.
short range artillery like mortars, field guns and howitzers will do the job. you better learn a thing or two about practical usage before asking others.
No one is making a 150 km range artillery. RAMJET shell is just about increasing the range by 40 to 50 % which comes down to a operational range of 60 or 70 km.
As for practical usage of systems in mountainous warfare, I don't need to take lesson from someone who in his engineering days were busy in creating Memes rather then coming out with practical solutions.

i already know about it. you need not tell me.
that's just a shorter ranged and lighter guided rocket artillery with higher angles of projections. it doesn't matter how fancy the army baaboos name it. its esentially the same principle but with much shorter range, which also makes it lighter due to less oxidiser and fuel used in the rocket motor.
Yes. IA wants a light tube arty system which they could deploy practically in mountainous terrain instead of a 25 or 30 ton behemoth. But inspite of knowing it, you are clinging to the stupid idea of deploying a single Pinaka launcher just to satisfy you illogical rantings. That's great.

Chinmoy

Country flag

airstrike99

Country flag
Only thing which worked in favor of Arjun is that IA has not laid its particulars and specs before it went to drawing board. Else even the current 200 numbers would not have got clearance.
Look at the brilliance of our engineers on other side. IA was operating a 35 ton Vijayanta at that time. But during design phase they have thrown the basic logic of transportation and logistics out of window and designed a 25 ton heavier tank.

I am at peace, but your sheer stupidity is not allowing to be at peace. So deal with it.

Yeah and the good old Gen is a fool to say about one thing and develop another.

No one is making a 150 km range artillery. RAMJET shell is just about increasing the range by 40 to 50 % which comes down to a operational range of 60 or 70 km.
As for practical usage of systems in mountainous warfare, I don't need to take lesson from someone who in his engineering days were busy in creating Memes rather then coming out with practical solutions.

Yes. IA wants a light tube arty system which they could deploy practically in mountainous terrain instead of a 25 or 30 ton behemoth. But inspite of knowing it, you are clinging to the stupid idea of deploying a single Pinaka launcher just to satisfy you illogical rantings. That's great.
IA was operating a 35 ton Vijayanta at that time. But during design phase they have thrown the basic logic of transportation and logistics out of window and designed a 25 ton heavier tank.
what a f*cking idiot. army wanted a tank with a frontal armour equivalent ranging from 800 to 1000mm of RHA.
35 ton tanks won't work against medium 45 tonne tanks and heavier 60 tonne tanks.

also 120 mm gun itself weighs as much as 3000 kgs combined with higher turret armour.

looks like you can't use your brain to even think about practicality.

3ewk9y.jpg

RAMJET shell is just about increasing the range by 40 to 50 % which comes down to a operational range of 60 or 70 km.
you can literally achieve 80-100 kms with simple rocket assisted guided artillery. you don't need some stupid ramjet artillery for that. there are also a lot of problems such as shelf life of the solid ducted fuel ramjet motor.

IA will need just a few regiments of long range rocket artillery against only a few particular critical sectors in LAC. its much cheaper and less risky than calling for air support all the time.

i never said to replace every gun in the inventory. understand others argument before calling them impractical. i literally posted the pictures of the sectors which one of the former generals was referring to. we only need extended rocket artillery in those particular areas. if you don't have the standoff distance advantage, then you will depend on Air force for them to eliminate the enemy's long range artillery placed against you.

good luck dealing with that.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
you can literally achieve 80-100 kms with simple rocket assisted guided artillery. you don't need some stupid ramjet artillery for that. there are also a lot of problems such as shelf life of the solid ducted fuel ramjet motor.
you are right that it can be achived with rocket but cost is also a factor in it. ramjet shells are cheaper than traditional rocket.

Chinmoy

Country flag
what a f*cking idiot. army wanted a tank with a frontal armour equivalent ranging from 800 to 1000mm of RHA.
35 ton tanks won't work against medium 45 tonne tanks and heavier 60 tonne tanks.

also 120 mm gun itself weighs as much as 3000 kgs combined with higher turret armour.

looks like you can't use your brain to even think about practicality.

View attachment 95297
As I already said, the only thing which worked in favor of Arjun is that IA has not laid down their requirements properly. But the moment they said about its weight, what DRDO has done to achieve it? First it was 62 ton, with improvement, they came out with 3 ton heavier version. Even after that it got orders only because IA had committed mistake in laying down the specs.

Look, I got it that rather then spending time on studies, you have spend time on Meme making in your college days. You need not show you ignorance here again and again.

Length of a Gen Arty shell is around 605 mm
Length of a RAP Arty shell is around 873 mm

And you want to fire that RAP from a regular artillery gun? Go back to college and this time concentrate on studies rather then meme making. And BTW, India don't make RAP shells for your knowledge.

IA will need just a few regiments of long range rocket artillery against only a few particular critical sectors in LAC. its much cheaper and less risky than calling for air support all the time.

i never said to replace every gun in the inventory. understand others argument before calling them impractical. i literally posted the pictures of the sectors which one of the former generals was referring to. we only need extended rocket artillery in those particular areas. if you don't have the standoff distance advantage, then you will depend on Air force for them to eliminate the enemy's long range artillery placed against you.

good luck dealing with that.
Of course, IA do need long range rocket arty and they have their own place. But when it comes to MOUNTAIN warfare, guns plays a more critical role then rocket artillery. You can't replace a gun with rocket and vice versa. When it comes to deployment, a gun is more versatile then a rocket system. So you can't fight war with state of the art weapons which you can't deploy at the theatre. No matter how good your weapon is, if you can't deploy it effectively, you can't fight with it.

So we do need long range rockets as well as guns. But the number of guns we require is higher then the tube artilleries. And for us, weight is a major factor.

ladder

Country flag

omaebakabaka

Will the Uttam AESA on Tejas MK1A be able to perform Electronic Warfare like the one on F-35 is capable of?
Who knows, first our domestic stuff needs to be deployed and common sense says it wont be comparable to f-35....odds are not good that it will match f-35 just because development process is a step function and India simply has no history of doing anything disruptive in modern era to be so optimistic. As long as its critical design, ip and materials are domestic then we should be very happy and ofcourse deployment in near future vs drama spread over years till it gets obsolete.

omaebakabaka

you are right that it can be achived with rocket but cost is also a factor in it. ramjet shells are cheaper than traditional rocket.
I don't think so....why would it be cheaper? If its cheaper and that efficient then atleast the Russian's would have developed it actively assuming west does not favor cheaper alternatives....this thing is over complicated and will just be learning/research as of now....should be researched for sure as it may have some special applications. Most you will see from tanks is active protection innovations considering their vulnerabilities now from drones, atgms and so on.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles