DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ladder

Country flag
take suspension of official dialogue with US after the khobragade incident for example, it cost us valuable years which got resolved only after modi came into govt.
I supported the suspension. Check the India USA thread in this forum itself.

Even recommended SUV/ TUV300 type ( then it was not mainstream 😉) treatment towards one of their diplomat.

And I don't term it as 'ideological differences'.

Spitfire9

Country flag
" is in Indian interests to maintain good relations with whoever is in power in Myanmar to ensure stability in insurgent stricken north eastern states."

Definitely, India was very idealistic in the 90s and early 2000s, by totally boycotting Myanmar. It didn't help at all, while China increased its presence in Myanmar, and insurgency continued in the North East. India is doing the right thing now. There is a direct bearing on India's security and sovereignty, not something far way that India dislikes. The European countries can afford to be sanctimonius, India cannot.
I was referring to supplying small arms enhancements to a regime that is currently killing its people with small arms. I find killing your people because they oppose military dictatorship as unacceptable.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I was referring to supplying small arms enhancements to a regime that is currently killing its people with small arms. I find killing your people because they oppose military dictatorship as unacceptable.
It is indeed but when you have supplied those equipment two years back ,it don't make difference

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars here's a tricky question if a Mecha is developed can they play any role in the Warfare?.

Last edited:

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars here's a tricky question if a Mecha is developed can they play in role in the Warfare?.
With current tech, NO, but maybe...just maybe in the future. Right now what kind of problem do you think exists that can't be solved by aircraft, tanks, infantry? Space warfare...??
In modern warfare, the only thing that'll work with a mech is mobility to evade while firing accurately. Biped mechas will have poor armour compared to tank armour in the legs and thereby a tank round to the leg will cripple it. Plus you need to somehow keep the whole mech balanced on those two feet. Mechs will also need good advancements in generating high power while occupying as little space as possible.
The whole idea of mecha is about mobility, that is to traverse terrains, where tanks and other armoured vehicles cannot operate and maybe the ability to use different tools. Another thing going for mech, is the height, having a better view of the battlefield will be an advantage. Maybe you can even include some DEWs and stuff to protect the mech. But right now, the idea seems to be a solution to problems that don't yet exist.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles