DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

not so dravidian

Country flag
We have all these and yet not a single indigenous construction, I am not in agreement with this conclusion simply because we lack supply chain and even naval reactor is sorta based on Russian ones....so writing publications and what not does not put us ahead vs chinese exporting reactors even if they are copied. I am tired of claims with not much physical proof....coldwar era or not, they are pioneers in nuclear field and reclaiming the lost time in 90s and early 2000s
I am tired of claims with not much physical proof....coldwar era or not, they are pioneers in nuclear field and reclaiming the lost time in 90s and early 2000s
that's what i meant by cold war stuff. Russian supremacy in nuclear teach is the result of cold war

we already have a few more rectors which we have agreed to build by russians ie., more 4 plants in TN ( kudarkulam)

as for indegenious,u r right
i guess money is the biggest problem

omaebakabaka

that's what i meant by cold war stuff. Russian supremacy in nuclear teach is the result of cold war

we already have a few more rectors which we have agreed to build by russians ie., more 4 plants in TN ( kudarkulam)

as for indegenious,u r right
i guess money is the biggest problem
No, its not money. We have a habit of claiming more than our capabilities unfortunately whether its tanks or aircrafts or what not....there is a rotten culture in our society and its prevalent everywhere and is reflected in people not taking pride in their jobs. They want job that pays well but they don't want to work for it....
Now civilian reactors require even more complicated technologies and safety than military ones as the impact is too great....please explain me how we are ahead as we do not export anything in supply chain that is world class to the export market as far as I know that is critical or significant....yes we have good enough presence to sustain our nuclear program and do some research but practical results are kinda debatable...our program goes back way back and we signed kudankulam recently relatively speaking....why?

Coldwar happened because they are inherently capable and their system whether its czars or soviets had an ambition to compete as a world power....they invented so many elements and what not at a fundamental level...how much can we claim? Coldwar has not much to do it, they have equal achievements in czar era

I would like to see us shutup a bit on the claims, leave that to politicians and unintelligent ones....intelligent ones just need to work silently and the results have to be visible....it is impossible to hide a successful idea or work, yes even in DRDO or HAL or OFB....it will come out if product has merit, it may be stolen but it will come out. I know what you mean though with your comments....

Trololo

Country flag

Look at Saab’s PR and marketing vs HALs. No matter how good HAL products maybe no one will regard them to be superior or even equivalent over foreign maal any time in the future if they don’t get their act together.
My suggestion- They must first start out by inviting defence journos like Dr Ananthakrishna M or Shiv Aroo or Sandeep Unnithan , perhaps even the Delhi Defence review guy who did the Tejas Mk2 video to promote their products.
Post this they need to hire a competent PR firm to make professional videos like the Saab gripen one or even better.
This needs to be done especially if HAL ever dreams of legitimately exporting their products for cold hard cash rather than Government of India donations or credit lines.
AKM is a good man but his questions and style of interview and presentations sucks. He went to ADA and instead of giving us a good tour of the facilities and interviews with top scientists, expansion plans, capability development plans etc he went all youngster youngster Kalam Kalam and made the young scientists sing songs and play stupid Antakshari type games. What rubbish!

Trololo

Country flag
@vishnugupt I’ll skip to where I was going to in my part of the conversation.

immediately after that shishumar class was built, we had a series of coalition govts in power which ended in 2014.

point I am arriving at is that, stable national govts being stable policies. even with a politically stable govt at centre now, just look at the challenges being thrown for projects like Train 18 & desi arty.

one of the things I keep insisting always is that don’t view things in isolation.

gatam gataha.
Stable national Govts as long as its not anyone from the current crop of opposition parties.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
AKM is a good man but his questions and style of interview and presentations sucks. He went to ADA and instead of giving us a good tour of the facilities and interviews with top scientists, expansion plans, capability development plans etc he went all youngster youngster Kalam Kalam and made the young scientists sing songs and play stupid Antakshari type games. What rubbish!
This is the first time ADA is opening up to the media. Most likely AKM request to showcase the facilities at ADA were rejected. It is not possible that he didn't ask for it. Because AKM gave a good tour of HAL assembly line of LCA Tejas. Hence no other option but goody goody interviews with young engineers of ADA.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
He has the knowledge and all, but you are right, he needn't show us all that in the video as I felt the one you are referring to was way too long and I lost interest half way through that video, I feel he could have asked more questions regarding whatever you mentioned rather than showing us the whole thing. He's also the one who has the most connections within DRDO and HAL due to his Kalam factor.
Edit:He's also the nicest of journalists I've interacted with and one of the first ones to get us this much insight into DRDO, HAL, ADA, etc. He's also mentioned before that the organisations censor the videos before he can post them, so I believe he has a lot to delete. He's also taken down couple of videos and reposted after cutting few parts on the Organisations requests. So I believe once they warm up to more media attention he'd be able to show more.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
He has the knowledge and all, but you are right, he needn't show us all that in the video as I felt the one you are referring to was way too long and I lost interest half way through that video, I feel he could have asked more questions regarding whatever you mentioned rather than showing us the whole thing. He's also the one who has the most connections within DRDO and HAL due to his Kalam factor.
Edit:He's also the nicest of journalists I've interacted with and one of the first ones to get us this much insight into DRDO, HAL, ADA, etc. He's also mentioned before that the organisations censor the videos before he can post them, so I believe he has a lot to delete. He's also taken down couple of videos and reposted after cutting few parts on the Organisations requests. So I believe once they warm up to more media attention he'd be able to show more.
@Trololo I've made an edit to my post.

SavageKing456

Country flag
No, its not money. We have a habit of claiming more than our capabilities unfortunately whether its tanks or aircrafts or what not....there is a rotten culture in our society and its prevalent everywhere and is reflected in people not taking pride in their jobs. They want job that pays well but they don't want to work for it....
Now civilian reactors require even more complicated technologies and safety than military ones as the impact is too great....please explain me how we are ahead as we do not export anything in supply chain that is world class to the export market as far as I know that is critical or significant....yes we have good enough presence to sustain our nuclear program and do some research but practical results are kinda debatable...our program goes back way back and we signed kudankulam recently relatively speaking....why?

Coldwar happened because they are inherently capable and their system whether its czars or soviets had an ambition to compete as a world power....they invented so many elements and what not at a fundamental level...how much can we claim? Coldwar has not much to do it, they have equal achievements in czar era

I would like to see us shutup a bit on the claims, leave that to politicians and unintelligent ones....intelligent ones just need to work silently and the results have to be visible....it is impossible to hide a successful idea or work, yes even in DRDO or HAL or OFB....it will come out if product has merit, it may be stolen but it will come out. I know what you mean though with your comments....
Spot on,jisko dekho wo yahi bolta,"beta bas job lag jaye teri"
As if people have no motive in life.
Passionate+hard work to transform that passion into career is what needed in Indians.

Trololo

Country flag
I'd much rather see a show hosted by Aroor or even the Saurav Jha or his DDR guy named Thiagarajan. AKM's presentations lack polish and more importantly in all his shows I have not seen him get into the technical nuts and bolts. Its mostly comfy questions. These days he is making young scientists sing in his guru Kalam type YouTube shows. I personally have nothing against AKM or Dr Kalam, but instead of hero worship and Antakshari it would be better if his shows have more technical content and better production quality. He is certainly a very nice man that comes across in his bearing and humility.
Its also important for DRDO and our other relevant agencies to open up to the public and focus on outside presentation. Otherwise our best brains will not consider them as viable career options.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
ADE working on a UCAV which would be HALE and that's not ghatak ucav,a different project
Bas ab yehi baaki reh gaya tha...Rustom 1 ka koi pata nahi, Rustom 2 ka koi pata nahi, Tapas ka bhi koi pata nahi, Ghatak se Swift hogaya aur ab HALE kya chuti@@pa hai yaar...ADE and DRDO pure desh ko acchi tarah bana rahe hai....end main lena to phoren hi hai..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles