DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

airstrike99

Country flag
Well, I was battling another stupidity in form of Chinese Virus. So I let go off others for the time being.

Yes. That's a good thing to say. You are concerned about 93 kg, but not with 9071 kg.

I could see why our engineers sucks in giving a practical design now.

If you for once have read about the Ramjet artillery program of India, you would have known that the person whose interview you have quoted is the same person who is leading the Ramjet artillery program, Lt Gen P Ravi Shankar, Professor of Practice at IIT,M. So rest in peace.

As for the last line, I mentioned that when you want artillery fire support within 10's of meter of your position, it is the guns which is going to provide you that, not rockets. Its not like when enemy is within 100 meter of you in a mountain, you would ask for rockets on that position. Imprint this on your knowledge bank.

BTW, have you heard about MBPKS? Go and read about it. Its the new weapon system IA wants especially for mountain warfare.
I could see why our engineers sucks in giving a practical design now.
engineers design based on army requirements. army doesn't even know what it exactly wants. just with HAL marut and MBT 80 or MBT chetek or MBT arjun etc (5 times design changes because it doesn't know what it wants). it will just see what americans and russians are procuring and will do the same. name one destruction weapon system that it uses uniquely. just one.

So rest in peace.
no u.

If you for once have read about the Ramjet artillery program of India, you would have known that the person whose interview you have quoted is the same person who is leading the Ramjet artillery program, Lt Gen P Ravi Shankar, Professor of Practice at IIT,M.
i already know about it. it will take another 20 yrs to be in practice and army baaboos will kill it and buy rusky maal.

As for the last line, I mentioned that when you want artillery fire support within 10's of meter of your position, it is the guns which is going to provide you that, not rockets. Its not like when enemy is within 100 meter of you in a mountain, you would ask for rockets on that position. Imprint this on your knowledge bank.
you don't need 150km range artillery guns to do such tasks.
short range artillery like mortars, field guns and howitzers will do the job. you better learn a thing or two about practical usage before asking others.

BTW, have you heard about MBPKS? Go and read about it. Its the new weapon system IA wants especially for mountain warfare.
i already know about it. you need not tell me.
that's just a shorter ranged and lighter guided rocket artillery with higher angles of projections. it doesn't matter how fancy the army baaboos name it. its esentially the same principle but with much shorter range, which also makes it lighter due to less oxidiser and fuel used in the rocket motor.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Who wants to see the epitome of PR?
Must be included in all Marketing and PR courses😂😂😂

Look at Saab’s PR and marketing vs HALs. No matter how good HAL products maybe no one will regard them to be superior or even equivalent over foreign maal any time in the future if they don’t get their act together.
My suggestion- They must first start out by inviting defence journos like Dr Ananthakrishna M or Shiv Aroo or Sandeep Unnithan , perhaps even the Delhi Defence review guy who did the Tejas Mk2 video to promote their products.
Post this they need to hire a competent PR firm to make professional videos like the Saab gripen one or even better.
This needs to be done especially if HAL ever dreams of legitimately exporting their products for cold hard cash rather than Government of India donations or credit lines.

Last edited:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Chill, give them so leeway. You are expecting PSU chai-biskut babus who need help from the intern to open their computers to run a PR campaign comparable to highly funded, market-researched and veteran company SAAB?

Look how the person is struggling to hold the camera still, we must applaud him for his physical dexterity of holding the camera still without any equipment by his arthritic hands.

omaebakabaka

What are those idiotic flower pots there, 3rd class bastards with no sense of doing their job....even if video was stabilized...are those two pots suppose add to the beautification? Why are our people so fucking sloppy when it comes to presentation of anything? No one takes their job seriously....

omaebakabaka

Yes , it will slide till the back and cover the whole truck .
I would assume a much simpler setup like tarp over dump trucks which move mechanically is a cleaner design or a roller one but accordian is an interesting choice and off the top feels more complicated design choice, devil is in details though

omaebakabaka

not so dravidian

Country flag

Wonder when we can dream of pioneering shit
:nono::nono:
bhai u r wrong, civilian nuclear reactors are one area where we r miles ahead of chinese

we r only one cycle behind peer competitors such as America and Russia

these are mostly dervived from results of cold war ( the russian ones)

as for india's part, we have 4th gen sodium cooled reactor, Compact hydrogen generation reactor, Thorium reactor ( which maybe money hasn't been commissioned or maybe secretly being conducted somewhere)
we r also working on non-crictical accelerator driven reactor, for which core needn't have to go cricticality)

omaebakabaka

:nono::nono:
bhai u r wrong, civilian nuclear reactors are one area where we r miles ahead of chinese

we r only one cycle behind peer competitors such as America and Russia

these are mostly dervived from results of cold war ( the russian ones)

as for india's part, we have 4th gen sodium cooled reactor, Compact hydrogen generation reactor, Thorium reactor ( which maybe money hasn't been commissioned or maybe secretly being conducted somewhere)
we r also working on non-crictical accelerator driven reactor, for which core needn't have to go cricticality)

We have all these and yet not a single indigenous construction, I am not in agreement with this conclusion simply because we lack supply chain and even naval reactor is sorta based on Russian ones....so writing publications and what not does not put us ahead vs chinese exporting reactors even if they are copied. I am tired of claims with not much physical proof....coldwar era or not, they are pioneers in nuclear field and reclaiming the lost time in 90s and early 2000s

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles