DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SavageKing456

Country flag
Newspace technology led by sameer joshi sir has developed a model that can engage a fleet of fighter jets at long distances as well as close range dogfights
One or two jets illuminate and others fire from a different angle. When the surviving enemy comes for the illuminator jets the remaining jets jump in from an unexpected angle
The AI learns itself,Deep reinforced learnings
PhD guys from top us universities and iisc,iitm,iitb has been hired
Machine learning, cloud computing, AI algorithms and electronic designs

Scaled down version of CATS warrior flown

Source is same which told me about SWiFT and EOTS.

Believe-Your decision.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Indian Armed forces are the best example of " How to waste resources"

IA late recently ordered T-90 tank with full ToT. A few years later they have floated another request for the future battle tank with ToT again. That means we just wasted money over T-90 ToT.

IN ordered 6 Scorpian submarines with full transfer of technology and now years later another tender floated for the next 6 submarines with full ToT with any additional scorpion order so technically we wasted money in the name of ToT by learning nothing.

IAF has already exhausted their ToT options much before and nowadays nobody is offering them.

In another word, we do not build our future weapons on the existing platforms based on in-house technology. Armed forces go for Brand new weapon every time which creates a significant technological gape to fill and DRDO keep wasting time to fill that gap rather than working in tandem.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

IA late recently ordered T-90 tank with full ToT. A few years later they have floated another request for the future battle tank with ToT again. That means we just wasted money over T-90 ToT.

IN ordered 6 Scorpian submarines with full transfer of technology and now years later another tender floated for the next 6 submarines with full ToT with any additional scorpion order so technically we wasted money in the name of ToT by learning nothing.

IAF has already exhausted their ToT options much before and nowadays nobody is offering them.

In another word, we do not build our future weapons on the existing platforms based on in-house technology. Armed forces go for Brand new weapon every time which creates a significant technological gape to fill and DRDO keep wasting time to fill that gap rather than working in tandem.
Donno much about T90 & scorpene ToT, but I will take your word for it.

coincidentally after “T-90 “ToT”
, Arjun Mk1A with 71 upgrades appears out of the blue.

again Coincidentally after Scorpene ToT, India finishes first domestically designed & built nuclear submarine.

yes, Indian forces are stupid ain’t it?

Chinmoy

Country flag

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ladder

Country flag

again Coincidentally after Scorpene ToT, India finishes first domestically designed & built nuclear submarine.

South Korea is basically offering us a submarine for P75I, which is based on and improved upon German HDW 209.
Incidentally we too had purchased those as Shishumar class.

So, probably we have go back as far as exchanging our notes that contains the definition of ToT. Probably that's where our difference of opinion lies.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Unfortunately, they do not only look stupid in fact they are.

Upgrade of Arjun Happened much before the T-90 ToT deal. (the recent one ) Please have some respect for DRDO. Arihant is based on Russian Akula class nothing to do with the scorpion.
Look at another side, S. Korea has done the same scorpion-type deal around the 2000s and they keep working on them. ultimately end product is now being offered for Navy75I tender.

Half of the responders for the Army future tank also developed their product in the same way.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Upgrade of Arjun Happened much before the T-90 ToT deal. (the recent one ) Please have some respect for DRDO. Arihant is based on Russian Akula class nothing to do with the scorpion.
Look at another side, S. Korea has done the same scorpion-type deal around the 2000s and they keep working on them. ultimately end product is now being offered for Navy75I tender.

Half of the responders for the Army future tank also developed their product in the same way.
which year did T-90 ToT deal happen? last deal for 494 T-90 was in 2015 I think.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Without ToT, how do you expect to manufacture the spares inhouse?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
South Korea is basically offering us a submarine for P75I, which is based on and improved upon German HDW 209.
Incidentally we too had purchased those as Shishumar class.

So, probably we have go back as far as exchanging our notes that contains the definition of ToT. Probably that's where our difference of opinion lies.
@vishnugupt I’ll skip to where I was going to in my part of the conversation.

immediately after that shishumar class was built, we had a series of coalition govts in power which ended in 2014.

point I am arriving at is that, stable national govts being stable policies. even with a politically stable govt at centre now, just look at the challenges being thrown for projects like Train 18 & desi arty.

one of the things I keep insisting always is that don’t view things in isolation.

gatam gataha.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles