AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Ghost hale

Country flag
Previous iterations had IRST new one doesn't,what does it mean?
I m not questioning what all sensors will or will not be there. I m just merely stating we don't have any official placement and indication from DRDO in the model displayed. Quite sure they won't eliminate it specifically as it won't be secret feature and will be very much visible.

SavageKing456

Country flag
I m not questioning what all sensors will or will not be there. I m just merely stating we don't have any official placement and indication from DRDO in the model displayed. Quite sure they won't eliminate it specifically as it won't be secret feature and will be very much visible.
Yes so far no confirmation unfortunately

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
In fact AMCA was supposed to have podded EOTS where is it?
It was in earlier iterations but most likely they switched to conformal EOTS but couldn't show it in new model due to unknown reason.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
That's a retractable IRST.. was never 24/7 exposed on the nose & this displyed in no model. Only this placard;
DaqNmrjWkAADUqt.jpeg

We didn't had that in any models displayed yet. @Bleh m I missing something here? EOTS integrated below nose cone is not displayed yet in AMCA models so far right?
Maybe you will in the Aero India 2023.. These chatter about DAS & EOTS sound pretty solid, definitely not something I'd dismiss as daydreams.

Ajax01

Country flag
That's a retractable IRST.. was never 24/7 exposed on the nose & this displyed in no model. Only this placard;View attachment 89460

Maybe you will in the Aero India 2023.. These chatter about DAS & EOTS sound pretty solid, definitely not something I'd dismiss as daydreams.
DAS is pretty much confirmed. Its EOTS and IRST thats in question.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That's a retractable IRST.. was never 24/7 exposed on the nose & this displyed in no model. Only this placard;View attachment 89460

It is so confusing.
1. There is FADS in AMCA then why that antenna is protruding out.
2. What are those 2 diamond shaped apertures if they are DAS then what is the need of separate IRST.

3. What is the final design of amca the one shown in aero India or in presentation by drdo and Ada chief. If first one is true then what is that scoop and is it present on other models as well.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It is so confusing.
1. There is FADS in AMCA then why that antenna is protruding out.
2. What are those 2 diamond shaped apertures if they are DAS then what is the need of separate IRST.

3. What is the final design of amca the one shown in aero India or in presentation by drdo and Ada chief. If first one is true then what is that scoop and is it present on other models as well.
That image is from 2018 Defexo. FADS & DAS were probably not confirmed back then & they had 2 IRST sensors instead... as only @THESIS THORON noted (I was expecting a lot of you to point that out).

Your q.3 has a long answer. Continued on next post,

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Your q.3 has a long answer. Continued on next post,
Some of you chaps seem to have a hard time differentiating the AMCA iterations, so I've drawn the difference upon a same platform, that yellow one i showed earlier. Same model as this here...
IMG_20210217_101311.png

It was never shown in any public event & from the pic, I believe it was a wind-tunnel model, upon which further refinement was done as result of the findings.

1st one here is what was shown on Manorama & a model of this was in the AMCA interview by Tarmak007... This model is not up-to-date & long abandoned. This was the predecessor model of the one which I drew (<link). Note the shape of the vertical & horizontal stabilisers it had, the latter reached its engines & had deviated from edge-alignment (exactly like present KF-X tails do now!)
IMG_20210513_132637.jpg

2nd one is this, that @fire starter said that final model (which it technically is, just final tinkering going on). This has tails extended, on which the horizontal stabilisers are attached, unlike the earlier...
IMG_20210513_130752.jpg

3rd one here is the presently latest model, that was also displayed in AI21 as scale model. It has tails further extended & F35-like vertical stabiliser shape...
IMG_20210513_130953.jpg

Last edited:

Ghost hale

Country flag
Some of you chaps seem to have a hard time differentiating the AMCA iterations, so I've drawn the difference upon a same platform, that yellow one i showed earlier. Same model as this here... View attachment 89471
It was never shown in any public event & from the pic, I believe it was a wind-tunnel model, upon which further refinement was done as result of the findings.

1st one here is what was shown on Manorama & a model of this was in the AMCA interview by Tarmak007... This model is not up-to-date & long abandoned. This was the predecessor model of the one which I drew (<link). Note the shape of the vertical & horizontal stabilisers it had, the latter reached its engines & had deviated from edge-alignment (exactly like present KF-X tails do now!)
View attachment 89472

2nd one is this, that @fire starter said that final model (which it technically is, just final tinkering going on). This has tails extended, on which the horizontal stabilisers are attached, unlike the earlier...
View attachment 89469
3rd one here is the presently latest model, that was also displayed in AI21 as scale model. It has tails further extended & F35-like vertical stabiliser shape... View attachment 89470
Can u reconfirm on canopy? Bulge looks more prudent.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Can u reconfirm on canopy? Bulge looks more prudent.
Yes, it absolutely is The bulge behind the canopy is significantly more prominent!.. Very much like the one in MWF (compared to LCA) so I think it is because of area-ruling.

Every shape & surface has gotten insanely more complex, but the fuselage-bulge is one of the most prominently noticable changes (introduced after 2017).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles