DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SavageKing456

Country flag
Now this is pretty interesting
Indian scientists did feasibility test till 2012 on AVATAR hypersonic spacecraft
Screenshot_20210409-212325_Drive.jpg

Now the design of AVATAR i found which was posted by retired air commander , raghavan gopalswami and was presented global conference on propulsion at salt lake city, united states on july 10, 2001.

The-Hyperplane-Avatar-transatmospheric-hypersonic-flight-RLV-technology-demonstrator.png

Note:-this project is very different from ISRO's RLV shuttle and there was no involvement by ISRO in the project.
Unfortunately due to secrecy of the project i could find only this much info.
Even the pdf of loksabha question was removed from internet due to **unknown reason** but i managed to recover it by wayback machine.

The current status of AVATAR is unknown who knows it might have already taken flight or still work is progressing.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Now this is pretty interesting
Indian scientists did feasibility test till 2012 on AVATAR hypersonic spacecraft View attachment 84608

Now the design of AVATAR i found which was posted by retired air commander , raghavan gopalswami and was presented global conference on propulsion at salt lake city, united states on july 10, 2001.

View attachment 84609

Note:-this project is very different from ISRO's RLV shuttle and there was no involvement by ISRO in the project.
Unfortunately due to secrecy of the project i could find only this much info.
Even the pdf of loksabha question was removed from internet due to **unknown reason** but i managed to recover it by wayback machine.

The current status of AVATAR is unknown who knows it might have already taken flight or still work is progressing.
It is not an ISRO Project but a DRDO Project. Hence no support from ISRO.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Akash NG launcher? Why he says 30km then?
It is Akash NG launcher , compare with testfire pics to see yourself .

EyiLpxWUYAAyeuP.jpeg

EykRCcJW8AAqp5E.jpeg

A pic from Akash NG test i edited for something else , nevertheless good to compare , everything same , except for test drdo use single cannister instead of the entire magazine holding all the cannisters.

As for 30 km range i dont know , IMO it should be around 45 km

kurup

Country flag
It is Akash NG launcher , compare with testfire pics to see yourself .

View attachment 84645

View attachment 84644

A pic from Akash NG test i edited for something else , nevertheless good to compare , everything same , except for test drdo use single cannister instead of the entire magazine holding all the cannisters.

As for 30 km range i dont know , IMO it should be around 45 km
The tweet quotes SCV as a Vertical Launcher while Akash NG was fired in Inclined Position .

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Deployed in Sudan and Congo..😂😂 and our jawan used fatiture gypsies and safaris against china....Kya chutiyapa hai...
Ya'll Nibbiars aur bolo ki current budget is sufficient and only needs Atmanirbhar.

I say 100 billion or nothing and offload the pension and other benefits to a milbus. And no reduction in forces. The current WhAP are probably being proceed under the international peace keeping deployment's.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars aur bolo ki current budget is sufficient and only needs Atmanirbhar.

I say 100 billion or nothing and offload the pension and other benefits to a milbus. And no reduction in forces. The current WhAP are probably being proceed under the international peace keeping deployment's.
Indian Army procurement budget: $4.88 Billion
Indian Air Force procurement budget: $7.12 Billion
Indian Navy procurement budget: $4.45 Billion
For reference, US Military Procurement budget: $150 Billion (approx.)
US Military R&D budget: $100 Billion (approx.)

And forget reduction, Army is raising three more Infantry Battalions. Lets hope the cadre reviews ordered by General Rawat have some positive effect a few years down the line.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles