DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20210408_204743.jpg
IMG_20210408_204751.jpg

CAS visited Bengaluru & interacted with test crew of Aircraft & Systems Testing Establishment & software engineers of Software Development Institute. He reviewed ongoing projects & flew a Su-30MKI to witness the capability enhancement on successful completion of one such project.

Integration of something

Arihant Roy

Country flag
CAS visited Bengaluru & interacted with test crew of Aircraft & Systems Testing Establishment & software engineers of Software Development Institute. He reviewed ongoing projects & flew a Su-30MKI to witness the capability enhancement on successful completion of one such project.

EydPG4YXEAgU-yw.jpeg

EydPG4PW8A4Z-tz.jpeg

EydDFNJVoAATKhv.jpeg

The Sukhois are being subjected to incremental and spiral upgrades since the last couple of years. The N011M Bars of today is a different beast than what we had in 2004-5. The PSP have been upgraded a couple of times. The radar comp had received new software patches and updates. We have newer TWT . The Su-30MKI have started receiving the newer digital Dhruti R118 . The MC will soon be replaced . Many small upgrades are being done which taken as a whole is greater than the sum of parts .

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars on the Koo's there are only 91 Follower's.
On insta ,we need more engagement , give regular shootout to insta account on Twitter ,also i will start posting , some points from discussion from drdo and amca specifically .

Also i will start posting last page of every post as do subscube thing , fucking people ,see post like it and don't follow

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
CSIR gadget developed to treat Covid patients has spin-off for defence forces in high-altitude areas.

sorcerer

Country flag
India hands over ₹100 cr patrol boat to boost Seychelles’ maritime security

The 48.9-metre patrol boat was built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineering at a cost of ₹100 crore and has a top speed of 35 knots and an endurance of 1,500 nautical miles. The vessel will be used for multi-purpose operations, such as patrolling, anti-smuggling and anti-poaching operations, and search and rescue. (TWITTER/@MEAIndia.)
India has been working closely with countries in the Indian Ocean, especially the Maldives and Seychelles, to bolster maritime security through the supply of aircraft and patrol vessels. The PS Zoroaster is the fourth made-in-India patrol boat to be gifted to Seychelles since 2005.

Karthi

Country flag
Indian astronomers have tracked a rare supernova explosion and traced it to one of the hottest kind of stars called Wolf–Rayet stars or WR stars.

Science_0.jpg

IMG_20210408_214656.jpg

A group of astronomers have discovered a dozen quasars that have been warped by a naturally occurring cosmic "lens" and split into four similar images.

This rare discovery increases the number of known quasars or quads by about 25 percent and can help determine the expansion rate of the universe and help address other mysteries. Quasars are extremely luminous cores of distant galaxies that are powered by supermassive black holes. Quadruply imaged quasars are rare, and the first quadruple image was discovered in 1985. Over the past four decades, astronomers had found about fifty of these “quadruply imaged quasars” or quads for short, which occur when the gravity of a massive galaxy that happens to sit in front of a quasar splits its single image into four.

The study by Gaia Gravitational Lenses Working Group (GraL) of astronomers, which included scientists from Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital, an autonomous institute of Department of Science and Technology, spanning only a year and a half, demonstrates the power of machine-learning to assist astronomers in their search for these cosmic jewels. It has been accepted for publication in ‘The Astrophysical Journal’.

"The quads are gold mines for all sorts of questions. They can help determine the expansion rate of the universe and help address other mysteries, such as dark matter and quasar 'central engines'," says Daniel Stern, lead author of the new study and a research scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory USA.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Indian astronomers have tracked a rare supernova explosion and traced it to one of the hottest kind of stars called Wolf–Rayet stars or WR stars.

View attachment 84480

View attachment 84479

A group of astronomers have discovered a dozen quasars that have been warped by a naturally occurring cosmic "lens" and split into four similar images.

This rare discovery increases the number of known quasars or quads by about 25 percent and can help determine the expansion rate of the universe and help address other mysteries. Quasars are extremely luminous cores of distant galaxies that are powered by supermassive black holes. Quadruply imaged quasars are rare, and the first quadruple image was discovered in 1985. Over the past four decades, astronomers had found about fifty of these “quadruply imaged quasars” or quads for short, which occur when the gravity of a massive galaxy that happens to sit in front of a quasar splits its single image into four.

The study by Gaia Gravitational Lenses Working Group (GraL) of astronomers, which included scientists from Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital, an autonomous institute of Department of Science and Technology, spanning only a year and a half, demonstrates the power of machine-learning to assist astronomers in their search for these cosmic jewels. It has been accepted for publication in ‘The Astrophysical Journal’.

"The quads are gold mines for all sorts of questions. They can help determine the expansion rate of the universe and help address other mysteries, such as dark matter and quasar 'central engines'," says Daniel Stern, lead author of the new study and a research scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory USA.
Post it at ISRO Thread.

porky_kicker

Country flag
AMCA INTERNAL WEAPONS BAY

AMCA Internal Weapons Bay (IWB)

Features

1. Serrated edges of IWB for low RCS during weapons release
2. 4 hardpoints for different payload configuration
3. 2 piece folding door mechanism
4. Missile eject launcher and ejector release unit

AddText_04-09-12.08.31.jpg

porky_kicker

Country flag
A new powered long range winged PGM under development ?

The bomb seen in the AMCA IWB pic posted in my previous post could be a new long range winged PGM under development.

It has a single piece pivoting wing which adds the small possibility that the PGM might be self-powered with an integrated propulsion unit.

Prominent blunt nose cone possibly for IIR or other seekers.

AddText_04-09-02.49.57.jpg

Credibility to the above is added by the fact that in all possibility ADA will only include confirmed weapon systems for AMCA's internal weapons bay or external carriage aerodynamic studies / stimulations etc because such exercises are time consuming and require lot of effort.

porky_kicker

Country flag

DRDO Hammer PGM equivalent....
Could be

But my impression is different

Hammer is a family of munitions, max range is around 60 km

I suspect since the PGM is winged its range could be 100 km or more , given that all DRDO winged PGMs till date have range of 100 km when released at high altitudes

Plus there is a small possibility that the PGM is powered ( since it uses single piece wing ) so range could be more especially when released at low altitudes ( where generally range decreases drastically )

But its my personal opinion, so i could be wrong also because information is zero regarding it and mostly based on my guesswork for what its worth

There seems to be another PGM named TARA which is also winged but as far as i can see it seems to use 2 piece wings just like Gaurav LRGB.

Maybe others have info on it .

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Could be

But my impression is different

Hammer is a family of munitions, range is around 60 km

I suspect since the PGM is winged its range could be 100 km or more , given that all DRDO winged PGMs till date have range of 100 km when released at high altitudes

Plus there is a small possibility that the PGM is powered so range could be more especially when released at low altitudes ( where generally range decreases drastically )

But its my personal opinion, so i could be wrong also
I posted some of your info here with credit to you in description on dfi Instagram , if you have objection i will remove it , also if you want me to tag you in posts please pm me you insta id

Chinmoy

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles