DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Usually, the fake IDRW articles are published under the "My Take" header. This one was published as "Exclusive". So it might not be fake.
They said in article ,it is for some existing sub of 4 ,5 kt class submarine , but I don't think they would like to put it in kilo class , but let's do some research

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
They said in article ,it is for some existing sub of 4 ,5 kt class submarine , but I don't think they would like to put it in kilo class , but let's do some research
Most likely for Project 76, which makes even lesser sense, because it was supposed to leverage technologies from the Project 75I. So this news report, if true, means that Project 76 is already underway. But that sounds too optimistic. This much optimism regarding India's submarine program is illegal.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The german 2 kt submarine uses sub 3 mw ,motor.

Itnis to power a submarine of 3kt+ tonnage , navy don't have such submarine ,which have enough service life , is it for kalvari upgrade with aip and this motor , not possible in most probable scenario .

Is it for kilo class , not favourable .

P 75 i class ,best bet .

P 76 , purana project hua nahi aur naya chalu ,not possible

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
The german 2 kt submarine uses sub 3 mw ,motor.

Itnis to power a submarine of 3kt+ tonnage , navy don't have such submarine ,which have enough service life , is it for kalvari upgrade with aip and this motor , not possible in most probable scenario .

Is it for kilo class , not favourable .

P 75 i class ,best bet .

P 76 , purana project hua nahi aur naya chalu ,not possible
They say expected quantity of motors = 6.
6? Can only be P75I then. Are they planning to scrap the competition and go for an indigenous design with consultancy from France?
They also say "for fittment onboard existing/future conventionl submarines". Being deliberately vague here.
https://www.indiannavy.nic.in/sites/default/files/RFI for Indigenous Development of 5 MW Propulsion Motor for Submarines 27 Jan 21.pdf?download=1
https://www.indiannavy.nic.in/sites/default/files/RFI for Indigenous Development of 5 MW Propulsion Motor for Submarines 27 Jan 21.pdf?download=1

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
They say expected quantity of motors = 6.
6? Can only be P75I then. Are they planning to scrap the competition and go for an indigenous design with consultancy from France?
Most probably ,use much more indigenous part ,and scoop what we can learn from them , maybe they wanna fast track p 76 , so they are on indigenization of components , and then with p 76 , will upgrade ,and change the remaining parts

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Future fighters: Drone swarm, laser tech demo, AMCA nod likely this year.

DRDO chairman G Sateesh Reddy told TOI: “The anti-drone system today is completely laser based and we’ve demonstrated that. We’re developing higher power lasers, naturally the range of kill gets enlarged and we can also engage some other kinds of targets too. We should be able to demonstrate this this year.”

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Akula

Country flag

What's going on here , official saying 18 diesel submarine ,looks like something is going on really hot , either they are planning 6 more scorpene with drdo aip , new p75i , and p 76 , just after 1 st ship of p 75 i , but how will they fund it , something is either wrong .

Is it possible for us to do so
According to Trishul blog, more scorpene submarines will be ordered.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Many years ago Germany denied magnesium alloy to India, DRDO developed their own

When first plate of magnesium alloy rolled out of Midhani, Germany said it would give India any amount of magnesium alloy

DRDO wrote back saying it was prepared to export the alloy to Germany 😂

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles