DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Hm. That sounds like it'll accelerate to Mach3-4 & than carry on with ramjet... A lot like the scramjet hypersonic testbed, although that one accelerates more probably. But how is it dual speed then? 😕 (Unless it's aeroballistic... where the booster hurtles it through high atmosphere to increase range, you mentioned a problem for ramjet, after which it'll enter atmosphere & ignite its ramjet. THAT rootless make it a proper dual-speed!.. Possible @porky_kicker?)
From what little info I have , DSCM is a sub sonic cruise missile with supersonic terminal stage. I can't guarantee the information though.

There is also a dual mode ramjet scramjet engine under development , I had a low resolution pic of it , but I lost it couple of years back.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Is India buying 30 drones for 3 billion dollars ?

Damn for 3 billion dollars we can buy additional 60 LCA mk1a ~ 50 million dollars per unit.

DRDO UAV effort is lack lustre and taking too long. DRDO should join hands with start ups for developing Hale and male UAVs.

Killbot

Country flag

Damn for 3 billion dollars we can buy additional 60 LCA mk1a ~ 50 million dollars per unit.

DRDO UAV effort is lack lustre and taking too long. DRDO should join hands with start ups for developing Hale and male UAVs.
Drones+weapons+spares+support infra+training pilots+commission to uncle Sam. Still overpriced, but drones themselves aren't the only thing we are buying.

On another note, spending money on Reapers is stupid, when Avengers were on the table. Or were they?

Arihant Roy

Country flag
DRDO achieved an important milestone in the development of AIP System by proving the land based prototype on 8 March 2021. The plant was operated in endurance mode and max power mode as per user requirements. AIP system is being developed by NMRL DRDO.

EwBWsflUYAA3r4Q.jpeg

Killbot

Country flag
DRDO achieved an important milestone in the development of AIP System by proving the land based prototype on 8 March 2021. The plant was operated in endurance mode and max power mode as per user requirements. AIP system is being developed by NMRL DRDO.

View attachment 80948

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
From what little info I have , DSCM is a sub sonic cruise missile with supersonic terminal stage. I can't guarantee the information though.
Yes, I read you old post.

That's what bother me so much.
There's not advantage to subsonic other than low IR turbofans & drag, that too is higher than drag of >2.5Mach flight. Plus it'll have to carry a whole acceleration mechanism for the terminal stage... while the alternative is just adding a booster behind a ramjet missile. It'll fly through the upper atmosphere for 1000-or-so kilometres, then jettisson it & reenter. Lose speed & ignite scramjet to cruise at Mach 4 (or whatever it gets reduced to) until target.

qXnqu.gif

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

We should go forward with the 100 Predator-C Avenger UCAV for IAF, instead of 30 MQ-9 Reapers.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

What is funny that we are developing stealth UCAV but also at the same time importing normal UAV at the exorbitant price lol.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles