DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Naa , not at all.
It was my personal opinion sirji , I very well know functionality triumphs looks everywhere, less said about warfare the better.
I just read an earlier reply , which propagated the same opinion as mine .

Lastly, if war were fashion show then army regiments would have fought in their parade uniforms .

I apologize.
Actually I should apologise too

On hindsight I should not have been so forthright which I now realise bordered on presumptuous.

You will not believe how many people actually believe that looks matter more in weapons, it is incredulous and triggers me to no end.

Last edited:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
This project used existing equipment/s available with IAF, the truck you see is readily available IAF as it was used to transport Pechora systems.
A lot of Pechora SAM systems will be retired, of the 60 firing units acquired, only 24 are to be upgraded. Thus, alot of such trucks will be available as surplus with IAF. And so, they have been used.

Is it the final itiration, may be or may not be.
Sirji , isn't pechora retired yet completely.
They have placed a pechora battery outside jamnagar afs on display, the information board said that pechora is now retired completely.

charlie

Country flag

bhramos

Country flag
What's the unit price????
General price 30-35 units is $ 2.7 M
but in India same 35 units would cost around $ 5+ M. as we need to pay to local assembler Kalyani Defence + we need to pay original manufacturer i.e. South African Paramount group. + we need to % babu's and their chamcha officers in line........

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
General price 30-35 units is $ 2.7 M
but in India same 35 units would cost around $ 5+ M. as we need to pay to local assembler Kalyani Defence + we need to pay original manufacturer i.e. South African Paramount group. + we need to % babu's and their chamcha officers in line........
We don't need to do give Babus a cut anymore, not for this deal anyways. Its being bought by the Military's independent financial allocation. The file doesn't have to go through MoD babus. Which is why it was such a small order and executed so suddenly and swiftly.

We need a facepalm emoji in the like menu.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@hit&run a more appropriate thread name would be Indian Defence Industry. Just my opinion.
That is another thread. We have other threads for privatisation and exports watch. This thread is about organisations introducing different weapons and concepts and not production.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles