DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars here @aditya g has mistaken this is by the IAF not IA. See the shoulder Patche's.
View attachment 80577
Although the idea & improvisation is commendable, I am afraid this won't be packing much of a punch. Its range is probably around or less than 20kms. Using R-27T might be a better option.

The best it can do is shoot down low-flying medium sized UAVs & helicopters at point-blank range.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Although the idea & improvisation is commendable, I am afraid this won't be packing much of a punch. Its range is probably around or less than 20kms. Using R-27T might be a better option.

The best it can do is shoot down low-flying medium sized UAVs & helicopters at point-blank range.
Ya'll Nibbiara yeah The UAV Hunter's.

Aspirant847

Country flag
You work there, my assessment
New recruit or a internship, well drop of today is a cool place, 5 years back it was considered incompetent
an uncle of mine worked there 10-12 years ago, he said the people did nothing much, slacking off as much as possible. But not the place is better I think

porky_kicker

Country flag
IAF gone houthi !

AddText_03-06-11.51.37.jpg

Personally I don't think it has any use other than trying to shoot down low flying drones . Also it will never survive the rigors of war that IAF expects to face.

Well nothing much to say , if IAF wants it , that's their call , after all it's their lives on stake.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
IAF gone houthi !

View attachment 80583

Personally I don't think it has any use other than trying to shoot down low flying drones . Also it will never survive the rigors of war that IAF expects to face.

Well nothing much to say , if IAF wants it , that's their call , after all it's their lives on stake.
It can be used against small drones as we have a lot in our inventory.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Do you know how many we have in our inventory ?

I highly doubt we have many

Missiles especially Soviet era ones have low shelf lifes
Ya, Russian equipment is generally less capable and Soviet Ones are cheap low quality. Yes many Russian weapons are top notch but a big amount is actually low quality and they need to improve.

Rohan Naik

Country flag
IAF gone houthi !

View attachment 80583

It cud turn out to be a system alike the Spyder air defence system. Looks like a thought, will look like a reality if matured properly.

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20210307_063955.jpg

IAF turned old R73 CCM Missile into SAM System named SAMAR. EO sites will acquire the target . Range Probably 20-25 Km . I believe this will give some surprises in the mountains region . It can hide and shoot down Helicopters , Drones ,UAVs and possibly aircrafts.

IMG_20210307_064010.jpg

ASMI and ASMI with EO sight??

IMG_20210307_064042.jpg

Drum for playing music in congested battlefield 😊😊. ( Don't know what this is)

IMG_20210307_063920.jpg

This looks like Underwater applications if you look closely it is written that IR Se , some kind of IR suppression system component for Underwater Vehicles .

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 80593

IAF turned old R73 CCM Missile into SAM System named SAMAR. EO sites will acquire the target . Range Probably 20-25 Km . I believe this will give some surprises in the mountains region . It can hide and shoot down Helicopters , Drones ,UAVs and possibly aircrafts.

View attachment 80594

View attachment 80595

View attachment 80596

This looks like Underwater applications if you look closely it is written that IR Se , some kind of IR suppression system component for Underwater Vehicles .
Modi be like.. Teeka lag Gaya.. Mask Gaya bhaad mein..😃

Akula

Country flag
View attachment 80593

View attachment 80594

View attachment 80595

View attachment 80596

If you look at the poster carefully, you can see truck covered with cloth.

ladder

Country flag
IAF gone houthi !

View attachment 80583

Earlier suggestions from NCOs and junior officers were limited to just papers and files. If you are lucky enough, some flag officer would give you presentation time.
But, these days those solutions ( mostly Jerry rigging or innovation as you may see it.) are not just welcomed but funding is provided, workshops are opened and technical staff are attached to realise it from a concept to a working prototype.

Insas Bullpup, that we saw earlier from IA officer was such an example. But, after getting 360° input, the second product the team produced, a SMG was closer to production standard.

Except for senior officers, and officers who are involved in ASQR et al. junior staff aren't aware of design specifications, why certain things are designed in a certain way, why alternative design considerations were not selected. This type of activity helps them realise it. When such things will be trialled, they would find out where the design lacks and why. They will improve upon it.

If I go back even further, Army workshop had tried two 4x4 mobility platform, Tuffy and Windy. Did it see active service from IA? No. But it was a good effort. Only one out of 10 solutions would be innovative. The innovative element in the design can then be further worked upon.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles