DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Akula

Country flag
Initially I suspected this was the NASM-MR without the fins and all . Note the nose , its blunt and the configuration of the body , very NASM-SRish.

DRDO sometimes makes printing mistakes.

View attachment 80374

Well time will tell.
But SR version is for helicopters and ASW aircrafts. This definitely looks like MR version.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
To be fair , I wanted to edit the post , but time to edit had expired.

I was not able to 100% ascertain if the one in the pic is concrete penetration warhead. I give 50/50 chance.

There is also the multistage warhead in development whose pic I posted
already.

And I wonder what's the status on this one , it is definitely for targeting HDBTs.

View attachment 80373

I suspect news regarding the above will never be released.
What is it , would you elaborate , earlier discussion about this particular were as such that it was a supersonic missile , mesh structure of fins are seen in russian r 37

porky_kicker

Country flag
What is it , would you elaborate , earlier discussion about this particular were as such that it was a supersonic missile , mesh structure of fins are seen in russian r 37
There is absolutely no information on it , except for the pic.

So you have to make an educated guess.

It has lattice / grid type fins at the rear. Lattice / grid fins allows for high AoA .

Can't say if it is powered or not, though lattice / grid find performs well at sub sonic and best at supersonic speeds. Transonic performance is poor.

Another utility is missiles / munitions with lattice / grid fins are better option when it comes to supersonic release from mother missiles or aircrafts ( or its IWB ). The lattice / grid fins can be used for de acceleration post release and then stabilization . If supersonic flight is powered on post stabilization , it will provide maneuverability and high AoA if desired.

Personally I consider it to be a earth penetrator ( possibly powered ) with multistage warhead for defeating HDBTs ( hardened and deeply buried targets )

End of the day we will know for sure when DRDO releases info on it.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Just answer the hint and you will have the answer. No need to factor in other things.

We tend to overthink and overcomplicate things.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Answer is : meteor

@IndianHawk was on spot then he got wayward

Rest you guys have to find out , now the connection is quite obvious .

Last edited:

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Answer is meteor burst communication system

This system utilities the ionisation left behind by countless meteors burning up, at 90+ km altitudes to establish communication at ranges of thousands of kms.
Wow. So we have a back up then? eh?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Was their any test in feb , as notam was issued , either no test occurred ,or the test failed or the system tested is of strategic importance ,hence info will be released later ?

Tuco

Country flag
Was their any test in feb , as notam was issued , either no test occurred ,or the test failed or the system tested is of strategic importance ,hence info will be released later ?
Vlsram

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles