DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Gerlat

Country flag
Dear members Need a Help here, for long range surveillance radar India issued tenders few years back (may be in 2013-14) 3 companies with their radar participated . EL/M-2288 AD-STAR, THALES-built Ground Master 400, and SELEX RAT-31SL does any body of you know anything about the process , i think no one is selected till 2019
For what purpose ? To whom - iaf, in, ia, drdo ?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Dear members Need a Help here, for long range surveillance radar India issued tenders few years back (may be in 2013-14) 3 companies with their radar participated . EL/M-2288 AD-STAR, THALES-built Ground Master 400, and SELEX RAT-31SL does any body of you know anything about the process , i think no one is selected till 2019
No idea bro

vasusuman

Country flag
World-Class Dredgers will be made in India soon

Memorandum of Understandings signed between Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) and Dredging Corporation of India (DCI) and largest dredger maker of the world, Royal IHC Holland BV, in the presence of Shri Mansukh Mandaviya Minister of State (I/C) for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Mr Marten van den Berg, Ambassador of Netherlands in New Delhi today.

"As part of Government of India’s thrust on Blue Economy, there is an ever-increasing demand to develop and maintain existing major ports, building new ports, offshore resource exploration, deployment of ultra-mega-size vessels, promotion of tourism, and beach nourishment. Considering India's vast coastline of over 7,500 km along the east and west coasts this would in turn lead to significant dredging in the country. This partnership will help the country grow." said Shri Mansukh Mandaviya.

"CSL and IHC Holland BV have arrived at an understanding to work together to provide locally built world-class dredgers. High-capacity dredgers in the range of 8000 Cu Meter to 12,000 Cu Meter are complex equipment being built in India for the first time. It is also significant that IHC Holland BV, the world leaders in design and construction of dredgers are also part of the Make in India initiative. For the first time three giants in the industry are joining hands for making world class dredgers within India. This initiative is concrete proof of the Ministry, CSL and DCI's commitment to the spirit of Atmanirbhar Bharat, and sets a benchmark in building capabilities within India drive 'Make in India' said Shri Madhu S Nair, Chairman and Managing Director of Cochin Shipyard.

The MoU of CSL with Royal IHC would be a great opportunity for India to showcase the capability under ‘Make In India’ and establish the capability to construct such large dredgers. M/s IHC, Holland, is the world leader with largest market share in the world for the design and construction of dredgers and is renowned worldwide for their quality and performance. M/s IHC is an integrated solution provider and is much ahead of any competitor in knowledge, expertise, technology, Research & Development, Innovation etc. in the field of Dredger design and construction.

The MoU of CSL and DCI, in turn would necessitate procurement of additional high- capacity dredgers. The decision to get the vessels constructed in India is in line with the ‘Atamanirbhar Bharat’ vision of the Government of India. Dredging Corporation of India (DCI) controls the majority of the maintenance dredging market in India and dredging services for the major ports. With increased dredging requirements on the East & West Coast of India, being projected as part of Port developments, DCI envisages a requirement to increase their dredging capacity. With more infrastructure projects on the anvil across the major Ports in India, the requirement of such dredgers in the future can also be met in India once we acquire the expertise. This joint effort by CSL and DCI sets a precedent for Indian private and public players to build large complex vessels at global standards in India, and extend support to Government of India’s vision of building an ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
I know DCI .Its a giant Public mammoth,totally inefficient and over staffed.A private shipping co can run their whole organization from 2000 sq ft but their office in Vizag alone is more than a Shopping complex. Running into deep loss, most of the time idle staff. Need corporatization just like SCI and so many govt ports n shipyards n dry docks.Their office staff will be equal to sailing staff!!

pankaj nema

Country flag
I can only guess

It can be either of two things

1 ) Recently the cockpit has been improved with new panels

But given the space constraints these small boxes might be installed to arrange , attach and install all the new hardware inside the cockpit

2)Second guess , it might be some kind of ODL they might be trying out

porky_kicker

Country flag
I can only guess

It can be either of two things

1 ) Recently the cockpit has been improved with new panels

But given the space constraints these small boxes might be installed to arrange , attach and install all the new hardware inside the cockpit

2)Second guess , it might be some kind of ODL they might be trying out
IFF antennas on F16

C-vpEwXW0AQ6WEi.jpg

In LCA MK1A there will be combined interrogator and transponder . In LCA mk1 I think interrogator and transponder is separate ( not sure ) . I think I had the pics of the antennas , can't find it.

Last edited:

Karthi

Country flag
f16_10.jpg

the four protruding antennas are for IFF, may be those are IFF in the tejas picture but may be i am wrong .

Add26-04.03.47.jpg

if you look at the exhaust plume in this picture , you may get an idea of how serrated nozzles work , the exhaust plume is significantly reduced heat signature, but this is TVC

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
@Karthi please explain if we have any radar that can be developed as multipurpose radar for surveillance , tracking , fire control , replacing mf star and exceeding it

Karthi

Country flag
@Karthi please explain if we have any radar that can be developed as multipurpose radar for surveillance , tracking , fire control , replacing mf star and exceeding it

Rajendra Radar can do some of it , no other Radars currently in service with India is not multipurpose ( surveillance , tracking and engaging). But heared that a new version of Rajendra with GaN TRM possibly can do all this . This is what I remember now .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles