DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Can anyone tell me MRSAM TELs length?

Also which radar is MRSAM paired with? Any Israeli radar or homemade?

porky_kicker

Country flag
13068011_eswiqktu4aaeybo_jpeg_jpeg067495ba15bd8efa754a463eab4fa2cd.jpeg

People are saying it is RudraM-III

If one looks carefully

One will infer that the missile doesn't have a radome , the nose tip section is small and radomes are always a single piece ( there cannot be joints or rivetting ahead of the seeker ) , and given the size of the missile , the nose tip section is kind of small ( any seeker antenna there will be really tiny ).

So the said missile IMO is INS-GPS guided ( hit fixed targets )

And I cannot say if it RudraM-III. There are just too many control surfaces in the rear . Both RudraM-II / RudraM-III schematics showed 8 control surfaces each , now the yellow coloured missile has 16 rear control surfaces alone.

My suspicion is it is a variant of RudraM-II , the additional 2 sets of new fins are positioned alternatively ahead of the original 2 set of fins in RudraM-II.

13068012_esj1bupwmaehrpz_jpeg_jpeg74fb567d681c8752c24e2f7f26ad8ffc.jpeg

porky_kicker

Country flag
Also the Akash-NG launcher is kind of different . One aspect of it doesn't make sense unless it is just for the test fire.
Akash NG launcher

h.45.44.jpg

Going by the features seen in the Akash NG launcher

Possibly it has

1. 3 radar panels
2. 3 IFF panels

And possibly

3. The launcher arm is not slewable in the azimuth plane ( maybe possible with the launcher arm in a highly elevated angle in order to have the necessary clearance from the sides ).
4. The launcher arm can move in the vertical plane , though firing will be within the limitations imposed by the forward portion of the vehicle.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Akash NG launcher

View attachment 75839

Going by the features seen in the Akash NG launcher

Possibly it has

1. 3 radar panels
2. 3 IFF panels

And possibly

3. The launcher arm is not slewable in the azimuth plane ( maybe possible with the launcher arm in a highly elevated angle in order to have the necessary clearance from the sides ).
4. The launcher arm can move in the vertical plane , though firing will be within the limitations imposed by the forward portion of the vehicle.
3. The launcher arm is not slewable in the azimuth plane ( maybe possible with the launcher arm in a highly elevated angle in order to have the necessary clearance from the sides and provided plume management is catered for at the enclosed sides , but I doubt that )

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles