DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Army will themselves sabotage the ammo so that it bursts inside barrel same thing they did with arjun.
No dude OFB has serious issues, see the videos of surplus ammo sent to US Civilian market, a guy showed 120 rounds of 5,56 were faulty out of 500 ordered.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
One thing I don't under stand if last year barrel blast in ATAGS was due to faulty ammunition then why they are trialing it again.
Because it was halted due to the barrel burst, the guy told how Indian Ammo is substandard and it is a fact, wonder how our soldiers deal with it.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Chinmoy

Country flag
One thing I don't under stand if last year barrel blast in ATAGS was due to faulty ammunition then why they are trialing it again.
If it would have been for faulty ammo, you would have seen pages long articles in our media. But all they did is just hushed up the matter and only an unnamed source said that it MIGHT be because of faulty ammo.

The issue was with barrel itself. It might be design or manufacturing issue. Most probable chance is the 2nd one. So after rectifying it, this set of trials again.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Forget about firing system. You would not even see any other picture of these systems apart from those published in DRDO and OFB manual.

BTW you could visit Zen Tech website where they have created a simulator for it.

https://www.zentechnologies.com/zen-carrier-mortar-tracked-cmt-simulator.php
i know mate, I have arrived at the conclusion that such a system doesn’t exist after looking for it. My earlier stated position was arrived at after looking for evidence to the contrary.

ergo CMT is a manual system, the name itself suggests that it is a carrier. It’s USP is that the BMP has a provision to store the mortars & fire from the vehicle itself.

the link you gave about ZEN tech. does not indicate an automatic fire laying system either.

there is no way such a system exists, and OFB does not showcase the system in some defence expo. OFB is always desperate for small wins, since they don’t innovate much anyways.

Chinmoy

Country flag
i know mate, I have arrived at the conclusion that such a system doesn’t exist after looking for it. My earlier stated position was arrived at after looking for evidence to the contrary.

ergo CMT is a manual system, the name itself suggests that it is a carrier. It’s USP is that the BMP has a provision to store the mortars & fire from the vehicle itself.

the link you gave about ZEN tech. does not indicate an automatic fire laying system either.

there is no way such a system exists, and OFB does not showcase the system in some defence expo. OFB is always desperate for small wins, since they don’t innovate much anyways.
Under Configuration point number 2:

Fire controller station. You would not have it unless you make it a automatic or remotely fired system.

Point number 3:

MPC Station/ Mounting Platform controller station. You would not have it unless you are remotely controlling the elevation or traverse or angle of fire of the system.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

Fire controller station. You would not have it unless you make it a automatic or remotely fired system.

Point number 3:

MPC Station/ Mounting Platform controller station. You would not have it unless you are remotely controlling the elevation or traverse or angle of fire of the system.
in that case, we are at an impasse.

let’s see if @porky_kicker has anything to say on this.

PK, argument is whether there is a indigenous automatic fire laying mortar system. Chinmoy says CMT is such a system, and I say it is a manual system.

porky_kicker

Country flag
in that case, we are at an impasse.

let’s see if @porky_kicker has anything to say on this.

PK, argument is whether there is a indigenous automatic fire laying mortar system. Chinmoy says CMT is such a system, and I say it is a manual system.
AFAIK Manual

Automated fire laying mortar will have a azimuth & elevation drive connected to a digital FCS , Never came across one with IA

Till date i saw only old manual laying via dials

If ofb had one they would have been dancing on it

porky_kicker

Country flag

Point number 3:

Zen products are also targetted at foreign clientele so they address all possible capabilities

Articles