DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SavageKing456

Country flag
Nice sooner the better. Buy ATGAS to when problem with it are resolved.
There is no problem with ATAGS,please
The quality is top-notch weight is not a big problem which can be compensated and cost/unit can be brought down by large orders,army's acquisition council is clueless or really doing for an agenda.

t 90s

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There is no problem with ATAGS,please
The quality is top-notch weight is not a big problem which can be compensated and cost/unit can be brought down by large orders,army's acquisition council is clueless or really doing for an agenda.
army has shown concerns. They will buy it but not in large numbers i think until those concerns are met ,which includes high cost in my opinion.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
army has shown concerns. They will buy it but not in large numbers i think until those concerns are met ,which includes high cost in my opinion.
in my opinion army thinks l&t and kalyani are like ofb, thats why they are hesitating.

what has happened with dhanush gun everybody knows, very low production rate and chinki parts used.
ofb cant even manufacture mugs.

SKC

Country flag
I think you are underestimating the Chinese, they have a conduit into Taiwan as far as intel goes and Taiwan is a major player in that market....US still has advantage with companies like LAM/KCI/AMT and so on but at this point China is like a decade or less away from catching and therefore the panic in the US but US has turned into a tech feudal state where people like Gates, Buffet, Zucker and Mullah Doresey and Bezos are running the show and their loyalities are not with US interests but self interests...

I wonder what happens if US were to suddenly ban intel and AMD chip exports to Russia, China or use it as threat against India? There is not real alternative and that is like nuclear weapon use as so much world is dependent on these chips?
Russia and China both has a indigenous Chip substitution program on going.

Russians have done much better. They have Baikal (or Elbrus?) series of microprocessors already in production. They started with simpler 1 core version back in 90s and now they have 8core version ships and much lower litho node and they have replaced Intel and other chips with Baikal(or Elbrus?) for all their govt use.

Chinese simply bought VIA process nodes and also bought AMD rights for their new gen Ryzen chips for use in Chinese govt use. They simply replaced US encryption techniques with Chinese ones.

India started quite late with Shakti series but IIT Chennai who made it is working on amazing pace. They have improved it quite a lot and made 3-4 versions already. However they are using a US based Chip plants to make the physical chips as of now.

Karthi

Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Cost can be brought down as i said.
Production should be given to kalyani and not OFB and there won't be any further hurdles
ATAGS production is being done by Kalyani and TATA SED, OFB has very little to do with this other than supplying few off the shelf parts that they make and obviously ammunition.

SavageKing456

Country flag
WHY ISRO HAS NEVER BEEN INVOLVED IN KAVERI ENGINE???
ISRO scientists and engineers which are premier in R&D have pursued Astronautical engineering which is different from aeronautical engineering,the courses for propulsion(at higher level) are very much different.
So for ISRO to involve in kaveri engine,it needs to recruit aeronautical engineers/scientists too(at higher level) like Mtech,PhD.
They train them differently and they have different motives.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
In all this import hi import hoga , spares are my major concern.
They import spares too , shameless they are aren't they ?

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Probably , OFB walas are too in this syndicate of the import army.
I mean , they do license production , so they purposely make bad ammo so that what ever things DRDO brings for trials ls sabotaged and army gets Scot free of any wrongdoing.
So foreign dallas, army brass and ofb are in collusion here and ultimate sufferer is the common soldier , India's military industry and lastly morale of DRDO.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Probably , OFB walas are too in this syndicate of the import army.
I mean , they do license production , so they purposely make bad ammo so that what ever things DRDO brings for trials ls sabotaged and army gets Scot free of any wrongdoing.
So foreign dallas, army brass and ofb are in collusion here and ultimate sufferer is the common soldier , India's military industry and lastly morale of DRDO.
OFB lobbying is a new term coined by the Armed forces as they coined several fake terms in past also just to fool others. but the fact is, This is the Armed forces who decide equipment, who will supply its spare part, who will maintain it and everything. most PSUs are dying and eventually died out in the near future

Articles