DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SKC

Country flag
About time All the scientific institution came together to make a well functioning lithography machine.
We are going to need this
Its the need of the hour but even china is not able to develop a indigenous litho machine even with their big pool of US educated professionals. I doubt we can make it even in 1 decade from now.
Chinese have now launched a big national program to secure as many machine as hey can from international market.
This is one thing we need to worry about. We need to order all available stock of the machine otherwise China will make it impossible for countries like us to precure any machine in near future.

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
Its the need of the hour but even china is not able to develop a indigenous litho machine even with their big pool of US educated professionals. I doubt we can make it even in 1 decade from now.
Chinese have now launched a big national program o secure as many machine as hey can from international market.
This is one thing we need to worry about. We need to order all available stock of the machine otherwise China will make it impossible for countries like us to precure any machine in near future.
Don't expect such farsightedness from our machinery.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Chinese have now launched a big national program o secure as many machine as hey can from international market.
It doesn't necessarily have to be all at once we will take our time.
The learning curves must be established.
An attempt should be made be it for commercial or just plain educational.

SKC

Country flag
I dont want agencies to spend time on making litho machines! It is a well guarded secret which Dutch will not want to part away with. They wont sell it to China which would be like getting shot in their own leg and getting rid of billions of Money each year.
We would end up like The Kaveri program! will spend a decade or two in learning the technique and then will make a high litho machine when the world would have moved to sub 1nm process node.

Chinese have currently secured more than 55% of litho machines order in the international market.

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
May be someone is doing it, just not much info out in public, hoping against hope . But is there no other way, I mean a newer way.

not so dravidian

Country flag
I dont want agencies to spend time on making litho machines! It is a well guarded secret which Dutch will not want to part away with. They wont sell it to China which would be like shot in their leg and getting rid of billions of Money each year.
We would end up like The Kaveri program! will spend a decade or two in learning the technique and then will make a high litho machine when the world would have moved to sub 1nm process node.

Chinese have currently secured more than 55% of litho machines order in the international market.
sir ji i don't know whether 55% but certainly a lower than that, however for china almost all is in vain!

whatever litho machines and automation tools they has bought from Dutch and japan respectively has been lying in the dust become of their actions!

they don't even have modelling software on their own! seems like they using it on 30 day free trail

i've already posted the video related to it in political thread. i'll link it.

omaebakabaka

buy old lithography machines, they are abundant.
Even 45 nm machines are more than enough for defence applications, look at Russian's and their Elbrus and few other semi companies and how they effectively utilize to build all sorts of equipment that are comparably competetive....what we need is massive nuclear arsenal so that MAD is assured with China like Russia against USA and then enough conventional capabilities, we do not have to match Chinese 1 on 1 as long as we pack the punch to cause big enough injury

omaebakabaka

You trying to make sense about Indian procurement. Just sniff the guy who gives most commission.
Think about armoured procurement process, we want armata style uniformed family of vehicles.
We have Tata Kestrel now we don't know if we will procure these. We don't have an idea what will be replacing BMP 2 and T 72. We develop arjun tanks but army rejects it. Now we need new light tanks and we don't know where we are heading...

I'm still confused if someone can shed some light, I would be most grateful.
Bottom line is that no one is honest, from defence companies to army to politicians. Calling something indigenous does not make something indigenous if lot of componentry critical and noncritical is imported and most imports are downgraded whether its dual purpose or specialized to defence applications. Just knowing an average Indian on the street from educated to uneducated and artisans that sell crap as hand crafted with 100 defects even in simple hand made items, we are missing ethics and thats the fundamental problem. Root of the problem is education system and it does not put enough effort in teaching or highlighting the importance of these qualities. So change can happen but it will be painfully slow and will be of avg quality with high level of boasting.
I will cut some slack for Army and IAF here....unlike DRDO and HAL and what not, they do not have the luxury to play these games in 21st century where our neighbor is competing with the incumbent superpower. It is possible they see the Arjun a bit differently knowing more of what goes into these things and how it impacts their enhancements. We can use some experimental divisions or brigades or squadrons to use and test these with an increasing percentage if they deliver on their promises

omaebakabaka

sir ji i don't know whether 55% but certainly a lower than that, however for china almost all is in vain!

whatever litho machines and automation tools they has bought from Dutch and japan respectively has been lying in the dust become of their actions!

they don't even have modelling software on their own! seems like they using it on 30 day free trail

i've already posted the video related to it in political thread. i'll link it.
I think you are underestimating the Chinese, they have a conduit into Taiwan as far as intel goes and Taiwan is a major player in that market....US still has advantage with companies like LAM/KCI/AMT and so on but at this point China is like a decade or less away from catching and therefore the panic in the US but US has turned into a tech feudal state where people like Gates, Buffet, Zucker and Mullah Doresey and Bezos are running the show and their loyalities are not with US interests but self interests...

I wonder what happens if US were to suddenly ban intel and AMD chip exports to Russia, China or use it as threat against India? There is not real alternative and that is like nuclear weapon use as so much world is dependent on these chips?

airstrike99

Country flag
just like their microwve saga!
it was the most funniest i've ever heard. using microwaves at ladhak wud have melted the galciers given the propaganda pic they showed!
yep. its not a good move to use microwaves against anything related to water. though, there is a certain frequency region for water in the total microwave region, but still there is a lot of rik.

Tang

Country flag
Even 45 nm machines are more than enough for defence applications, look at Russian's and their Elbrus and few other semi companies and how they effectively utilize to build all sorts of equipment that are comparably competetive....what we need is massive nuclear arsenal so that MAD is assured with China like Russia against USA and then enough conventional capabilities, we do not have to match Chinese 1 on 1 as long as we pack the punch to cause big enough injury
Even less tech will work,
I was also talking about commercial chips expect processors, that all can be made via 28, 45 etc.
We need to atleast give competition in that space, supply chain will also move, if we try

omaebakabaka

Even less tech will work,
I was also talking about commercial chips expect processors, that all can be made via 28, 45 etc.
We need to atleast give competition in that space, supply chain will also move, if we try
I think current is like 90 nm limited production by DRDO for strategic things and what not but the commercial development of semi will require serious commitment across supplychain and will take massive commitment from Govt not just central but states also....this is an expensive sector that would require an average of 15 to 20 billion dollars every rotation cycle of equipment....but there is no alternative and we are already late and yet no signs of any major investments into this, there was some talk but covid probably put a kibosh on them for now....atleast we should start on designs and get some ip and limited scale manufactring by taiwanese companies...no reason why we can't do what samsung did with Exynos or Huawei with Kirin, ARM designs are open and one can customize them

Last edited:

Articles