DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Killbot

Country flag
Nope. Just change the barrel and you're good. Don't spread misinformation.
LMAO who's spreading misinformation. Read the rest of my posts on the same. It isn't just the barrel that is part of firing the mechanism. And AR-10 barrels cannot be changed like the MCX.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Similar to the previous RFI issued in 2017.

They are demanding a 30:1 hp/ton power to weight ration. In addition:

View attachment 92745

View attachment 92746

Seems like DRDO is ruled out and the RFI is tailor made for T-14 Armata.

There goes Atmanirbhar down the drain. No wonders tanks were excluded from the No import list 1 and 2.
If they remove the crew pod concept part, ig even K2 Black Panther can qualify. Even the Russians don't use the 2000Hp engine cuz it was deemed inefficient and that level.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
If they remove the crew pod concept part, ig even K2 Black Panther can qualify. Even the Russians don't use the 2000Hp engine cuz it was deemed inefficient and that level.
Crew pod is specially created for armata to make it win.but my guts tell me this RFI nor armies ambition of buying armata will not go out of the drawing board

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@airstrike99 u r right

IA Armored crops babu doing this to break the hopes of CVRDE. extremely demoralizing!

when finally we have developed all the technology required for making a new tank, then they throw it down in the water

no wonder China looks down on us and everyone takes us for a jokes
:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:
Lol they are copy pasting same things since last 10 yrs nothing will materialise at last they are going to buy NGMBT .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Their is a large and power full lobbying happening for armata.One other thing is this RFI was released soon after second negative import list that is of particular concern.

airstrike99

Country flag
Crew pod is specially created for armata to make it win.but my guts tell me this RFI nor armies ambition of buying armata will not go out of the drawing board
DRDO. got this. they have been planning carefully. just after army offered MK1A in 2015, army made an FRCV RFI, which failed due to lack of TOT. every company said F off to 70 %TOT. because spares and maintenance is a big problem for army.
so DRDO will make it this time. DRDO's satish reddy was placed by mudi as scientific advisor just as he got to power in 2015.

DRDO upgraded from baaboos to corrupt bureaucrats :megusta: . they forced mudi and ninda nath to get 118 MK1A deal.

the fact is Arjun MK1A is comparable to M1A1 abrams not M1A2. so its still old tank made in modern times.

why do you think negative lists have appeared in the first place. power of corruption(not scams) sometimes can do wonders for the country. you just got to use it the right way.

my guess is Arjun MK2 = FMBT = FRCV = GNMBT
1622607005462.png

Global Defence

Articles