DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

t 90s

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why you so pro t 14 armata , that's not in line with indigenization , too expensive , not much scope of indian equipment , not combat proven too , nor is too much futuristic as it is portrayed
There are no alternatives + armata is the way forward.
Also @t 90s, do explain why are they developing this turret 👇 when t-14 is 'le incroyable piece de resistance'?
Because crew sit in turret da!

t 90s

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It won't come , not because import lobby doesn't want it but we don't haave monies.
Did ak 203 came ? Still stuck.
I think we should give rest to import lobby this or that.we buy what we can't build ourselves period & as for money it is there, that's why RFI has been issued in first place.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
I was wondering...shouldn't the aforementioned reasons(except COVID) have affected the R&D for T-14 too and ruskies are just not letting out the fact that T-14 is not as capable as they claim to be...
its not ready to be inducted in respectable nos in any army,i dont know what army is thinking if that was their choice beforehand.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
And what about the chamber, BCG, feeding mechanism, etc? Also, changing the barrel (along with all the mentioned systems) isn't as easy as it sounds.

What "common design platform"? Do your research on the internals.

NGSW is a SIG MCX. It's barrel assembly is completely different from the AR-10 that is SIG-716i, allowing for easy barrel change. Not the same weapon system at all. The only way for 716i to be chambered in 6.8*51mm is to design a new upper receiver. Existing magazines should hold 6.8mm as well.
Nope. Just change the barrel and you're good. Don't spread misinformation.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Nope. Just change the barrel and you're good. Don't spread misinformation.
Dude, sorry but you are completely misinformed about some basic facts on small arms procurement.

• SIG 716I

Essentially it is an AR-10 (7.62x51mm NATO) rifle which is perfect for Indian Army in mountain warfare. Pakis use G3 (7.62X51mm NATO) which has greater stopping power and overall greater range than AKM (7.62X39mm) and INSAS/TAVOR/M4A1 (5.56x45mm NATO) and consequently outgun us at LOC.

Keep in mind Pakis and Chinks will use LVL III and LVL IV Armor Plates in any conflict in the next 5-6 years just like us. As LOC and LAC has shown, engagement distances will be 400m+ with the SIG 716I being overkill, having pretty decent controllable automatic fire (much better than G3, FN FAL) in CQB.

The US Military in the future will use the (6.8x43mm NATO (?)) because of the above reason. The interesting thing is that the 6.8x43mm has better ballistics than 7.62x51mm at ranges beyond 700m and is much lighter, almost by 40%, with just 20% less Kinetic Energy than 7.62x51mm.

Now here is where things get very interesting.

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-fire-a-...bolt-action-rifle-without-changing-the-barrel

For now 6.8x43mm is not in production anywhere so 7.62x51mm can easily do the job until the late 2020s to 2030-31-ish.

Thus as long as you have different bore barrels for the Sig 716I, you have a readymade multicaliber gun. Looks like GPL treatment by then COAS (now CDS) forced the Indian Army to make the right choice!

I will post on the CQB Carbine RFI later.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars sorry to break some ones Khayali Pulao par abhi tanks Non Import list mein ane wale hai. :hehe: