DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
THEY WERE DOING TEST IN 2020 WHAT ABOUT THAT ANY UPDATES???

IF THEY ARE ABLE TO BUILD THIS PORKISTAN AND CHINKS WUD BE MAD AF
Their Twitter timeline says that it was postponed due to surge in Wuhan Virus cases in India.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Shouldn’t GaN based AESA radar have more T/R Modules? I don’t think this 992 T/R Module AESA radar will use GaN. LCA Mk2 was never supposed to have GaN based AESA Radar.
It won't be , it would be totally different system if it us gan , power supply and all too much changes , so this isn't gan .

But yeah it makes me really proud that we are among elite group with fcr and a gan version on verge of deveolpment

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
IS 160KM FOR 1M2 IMPRESSIVE???
I WAS HOPING FOR 180 KM 1M2
It is indeed impressive for it's class , you can't afford f 35 radar on tejas .

Possible adversary it may face will be f 16 , jf blunder , j10 c or those choyna flanker , with this range it will be better than f 16 and blunder , j 10 c is almost equivalent , so i think it's really impressive

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
IS 160KM FOR 1M2 IMPRESSIVE???
I WAS HOPING FOR 180 KM 1M2
Its pretty damn impressive for a radar with 1000 T/R modules.
F-35's AN/APG-81 which has around 1676 T/R modules is said to have a range of 250+ km for a target of RCS 1m^2.
Possibly an upscaled UTTAM AESA with close to 1400-1500 T/R modules meant for Su30 MKI will have a range similar to F-35's radar.
160km for 1m^2 target will pretty much ensure jets like F-16, Intercontinental Junk Fighter 17, J-10C, Flanker ripoffs are pretty much dead the moment they engage a Tejas Mk2 in BVR.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
F-35's AN/APG-81 which has around 1676 T/R modules is said to have a range of 250+ km for a target of RCS 1m^2.
Possibly an upscaled UTTAM AESA with close to 1400-1500 T/R modules meant for Su30 MKI will have a range similar to F-35's radar.
160km for 1m^2 target will pretty much ensure jets like F-16, Intercontinental Junk Fighter 17, J-10C, Flanker ripoffs are pretty much dead the moment they engage a Tejas Mk2 in BVR.
Best part is the fact that LCA Mk2 can carry 8 BVRs simultaneously best for OCA operations.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Not dead though , launching bvr out of nez is no use and near nez of metoer they would have seen us too , missile range are quite short tbh , missile technology as a whole across world need some breakthrough , nez of meteor is about 100 km ,

Ghost hale

Country flag
As a GaN Researcher from a European lab, I am always closely following the GaN developments of my country. Especially on Uttam :clap2::clap2:
Great. U can answer the query. GaAs or GaN... which require more power to operate and why? Let me be more clear. If we have 1000 TRM Aesa of GaAs and GaN... which will need higher thrust engine for optimal performance?

Photon

Country flag
Great. U can answer the query. GaAs or GaN... which require more power to operate and why? Let me be more clear. If we have 1000 TRM Aesa of GaAs and GaN... which will need higher thrust engine for optimal performance?
I am working on optical applications of GaN not microwave but as far as I Know GaN has much better efficiency than GaAs and it does not require any additional cooling systems like in GaAs array.

Ghost hale

Country flag
I am working on optical applications of GaN not microwave but as far as I Know GaN has much better efficiency than GaAs and it does not require any additional cooling systems like in GaAs array.
Ok just correct me in my basic understanding. Since eV gap for GaN is high, More power is required for e- to jump over right? Number and flow of e- is better in GaN as moslecule are smaller so larger space available and more molecules can be packed so more free e-. thus losses will be less and efficiency better. Heat dissipation reason I can't figure out. But if what I mentioned above is right then GaN should require more Power right?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles