DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
A new powered long range winged PGM under development ?

The bomb seen in the AMCA IWB pic posted in my previous post could be a new long range winged PGM under development.

It has a single piece pivoting wing which adds the small possibility that the PGM might be self-powered with an integrated propulsion unit.

Prominent blunt nose cone possibly for IIR or other seekers.

View attachment 84500

Credibility to the above is added by the fact that in all possibility ADA will only include confirmed weapon systems for AMCA's internal weapons bay or external carriage aerodynamic studies / stimulations etc because such exercises are time consuming and require lot of effort.
I believe that's Gautham itself. With 100 km of glide range, its already an effective PGSOW.

porky_kicker

Country flag
I believe that's Gautham itself. With 100 km of glide range, its already an effective PGSOW.
As per my observation

The wing is single piece

While Gaurav is 2 piece wing with semi circular interface

Nose section shape is also different

Body blending is less tapered than Gaurav

Use a pic of Gaurav side by side to confirm the differences , if possible from your end , incase i missed something / wrong

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
I posted some of your info here with credit to you in description on dfi Instagram , if you have objection i will remove it , also if you want me to tag you in posts please pm me you insta id
Only one request NEVER POST anything which i have posted inside SPOILER tag, like this
example
and also those posts where in i have specifically mentioned " don't post outside / outside the forum " . Ask me here if in doubt whether safe to post or not , i will be happy to help

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Only one request NEVER POST anything which i have posted inside SPOILER tag, like this
example
and also those posts where in i have specifically mentioned " don't post outside / outside the forum " . Ask me here if in doubt whether safe to post or not , i will be happy to help
Thanks mate

porky_kicker

Country flag
Thanks mate
Also another thing i forgot to mention

Try to remove my watermark from pics which are not from government companies / organisations or you ( and me ) might get into trouble for copyright .

Posting pics with watermark in this forum is not a problem so i posted them , but posting them in high visibility platforms like instagram , twitter , Facebook will get noticed and might invite trouble from the private companies or private individuals .

No need to remove watermark from collages i made and posted, for eg like this one
AddText_04-09-02.49.57.jpg

Rest of pics from private companies / individuals, you should try to remove my watermark if possible just to be safe and avoid any headache

Chinmoy

Country flag
As per my observation

The wing is single piece

While Gaurav is 2 piece wing with semi circular interface

Nose section shape is also different

Body blending is less tapered than Gaurav

Use a pic of Gaurav side by side to confirm the differences , if possible from your end , incase i missed something / wrong
First let us have a look at the nose section. Gaurav is derived from its heavier winged cousin Garuthama.

Glide Bomb.jpg

Looking at the white portion of the nose here, we could have an idea that it could be used as a modular weapon with different fuse and seeker assembly just like Spice. Although it is a pure speculation of mine, but I would not discard the idea. So a blunt nose could mean a specific modular guidance kit.

Regarding the wings, at a folded state, we cant be assure of it being a single wing structure or twin wing.

hq720.jpg

By this scale model, we could have an idea that in a folded state if we watch it from front, we could see both a circular as well as squarish front of wing joints.

So the bomb might be an iteration of Gaurav or Gaurav itself in a new form.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Once upon a time not too long ago , sap 518 was a rarity. You would have to thank your ancestors for all their good deeds if you get lucky enough to see one on a Sukhoi. But these days, this EW / ECM pods have proliferated into all of the Sukhoi squadrons and is a common sight now.

In terms of EW and ECM, we have come a long way in the last couple of years .

Screenshot_20210409-164646.png

Screenshot_20210409-164825.png

SB 172 with the SAP-518 .

Arihant Roy

Country flag
SB 139 with the SAP 518 and EHUD ACMI pod .
Looks like the boys were practising BVR and counter BVR tactics under intense rf jamming and interference.

Screenshot_20210409-165223.png

Screenshot_20210409-165349~2.png

Look at the size of the pods. The ERP will be eye watering . One of the two pods is a dedicated receiver . The other pod does all the jamming . It's rumoured that later variants of the SAP 518 employ aesa TRM . And DRFM techniques are standard across the board .

Screenshot_20210409-161742~2.png

Screenshot_20210409-163406~2.png

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
SB 139 with the SAP 518 and EHUD ACMI pod .
Looks like the boys were practising BVR and counter BVR tactics under intense rf jamming and interference.

View attachment 84578

View attachment 84581

Look at the size of the pods. The ERP will be eye watering . One of the two pods is a dedicated receiver . The other pod does all the jamming . It's rumoured that later variants of the SAP 518 employ aesa TRM . And DRFM techniques are standard across the board .

View attachment 84583

View attachment 84584
What about the DRDO HBJ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles